Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 08:53:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you still have bitcoins when the USD price hits $5000  (Voting closed: March 19, 2014, 02:40:25 AM)
Yes - 52 (85.2%)
No - 9 (14.8%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you still have bitcoins when the USD price hits $5000  (Read 2264 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:13:15 PM

What's the SSS plan?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345065.0
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:43:48 AM

Pretty simple really.  Will you still be holding, or will you cash out before then.

this is a very essential question for those people that own 200 -1000 btc.
there is your exit out of the rat race.
 what is riskier - to miss a potential $ 10 k -50 k  btc price when cashing out or to lose a potential exit for good out of labour slavery by keeping your funds in that collapsed virtual nothingness once called bitcoin ?

I just don't see this happening.  The nature of Bitcoin adoption is such that it is worldwide.  Its going to saturate every nook and cranny of every demographic in nearly every country of the world.  If it does what it was designed to.  I don't get why people continue to look at it like a stock.  This isn't a fad.  And im not saying that like a mindless bitcoin fanatic.  This is something that is currently beginning to seep into economies like a very slowly absorbing sponge.  And once that takes hold, such a thing doesn't just "collapse" into nothingness.  So I don't think this is a decision people are going to have to make.  Especially after we saw what happened when two monumental reputation-destroyers occured (Gox, etc) ... when Bitcoin was at its weakest (brand new).   Nothing happened. If Bitcoin was going to collapse to nothingness *ever* .... it would have done so this month.  If its resilience is that strong this early on... imagine how stable the foundation will be in 5 years.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:17:40 AM

Depends on the momentum, but I believe that the next bubble is likely bitcoin's final bubble.

The final bubble?
You will NEVER forget The final bubble!
Do you know that the right combination of ingredients, temperature and humidity can create bubbles that last a really long time?

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:49:49 AM

Pretty simple really.  Will you still be holding, or will you cash out before then.

this is a very essential question for those people that own 200 -1000 btc.
there is your exit out of the rat race.
 what is riskier - to miss a potential $ 10 k -50 k  btc price when cashing out or to lose a potential exit for good out of labour slavery by keeping your funds in that collapsed virtual nothingness once called bitcoin ?

I just don't see this happening.  The nature of Bitcoin adoption is such that it is worldwide.  Its going to saturate every nook and cranny of every demographic in nearly every country of the world.  If it does what it was designed to.  I don't get why people continue to look at it like a stock.  This isn't a fad.  And im not saying that like a mindless bitcoin fanatic.  This is something that is currently beginning to seep into economies like a very slowly absorbing sponge.  And once that takes hold, such a thing doesn't just "collapse" into nothingness.  So I don't think this is a decision people are going to have to make.  Especially after we saw what happened when two monumental reputation-destroyers occured (Gox, etc) ... when Bitcoin was at its weakest (brand new).   Nothing happened. If Bitcoin was going to collapse to nothingness *ever* .... it would have done so this month.  If its resilience is that strong this early on... imagine how stable the foundation will be in 5 years.

-B-

i am with you here.
what i tried to discribe was the fear it might collapse anyway. when it is a question of financial indepedence forever or risking it (eventhough the risk may get smaller - but it is still a risk). when you have a family you are responsible for it may not be the best choice to stay all-in in bitcoin. i think an exit strategy is important, but not a complete exit. just enough to stay on the safe side.
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 02:55:30 PM

You still can just sell small part of it. Also you can get more and more services and products for bitcoin, so maybe instead of selling it for $ you can just use it as normal money. Buy yourself house, nice holidays and pizza Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: