Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:59:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Predict the day Matthew N. Wright deletes his BitcoinTalk account.  (Read 2790 times)
ALPHA. (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 08:10:49 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2011, 05:12:47 AM by ALPHA.

168QXzVRKmFwDe7FowBkTA8t9Af1QjMZdg

The game is quite simple: Whoever predicts the day and time Matthew N. Wright deletes his account* on the BitcoinTalk forum (or comes closest to it), wins all the Bitcoins in the address above.

How do you play?

You simply send Bitcoins to the address above with the last digits corresponding to the date and time you believe Matthew will leave in the Middle-endian (month, day, year; e.g. 04/22/96) time format. If you match the date he deletes his account or come closest to it, you will be sent the jackpot.

Let's say I believe Matthew will delete his account on 12/12/2012 at 12PM:

I'll send .12121212 Bitcoins to the address above making my prediction, with the last 4 set of digits being the specific time.

Please note that a specific time is optional. If you do it, it must be based on 24 Hour time (e.g. Midnight = 24:00).

Let's say somebody else also believes Matthew will leave on this date. They can simply bid a little more at .011212121212 Bitcoins. If Matthew happens to leave at or nearest to that time, the higher bidder will win and the jackpot will be sent to the corresponding address.

This will all be verified through the Bitcoin blockchain that cannot be arbitrarily modified, viewable at http://blockexplorer.com/.

What if you just want to increase the chances of Matthew deleting his account by giving such an action greater monetary incentive? Simply dump Bitcoins into the address without an intelligible prediction.

Why should we trust you to payout the jackpot to the correct winner?

I have an excellent reputation on this forum. My greatest example includes taking out a 100+ BTC loan from the moderator Theymos to short-sell Bitcoins. Every Bitcoin was returned. Contact me for additional references.

Anyways, I will be curious to see how this turns out. Have fun!

*by moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 08:22:58 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2011, 08:36:03 PM by Matthew N. Wright

I have an excellent reputation on this forum.

168QXzVRKmFwDe7FowBkTA8t9Af1QjMZdg

The game is quite simple: Whoever predicts the day and time Matthew N. Wright deletes his account on the BitcoinTalk forum (or comes closest to it), wins all the Bitcoins in the address above.

Would it screw up your game terribly if I deleted my account before anyone deposited?

Also, why do you think everyone handles conflict by deleting their account like you?

This was very poorly thought out game overall in my opinion. As goons can prove, I still have accounts at websites where people have literally tried to murder me for my bad attitude and trolling.

Anyways, I will be curious to see how this turns out.

The only way my account will be deleted is if theymos deletes it. That however would mean no one wins (including theymos <3)

ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 08:35:02 PM

You could "predict" the time you delete your account and claim the jackpot for yourself.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 08:41:21 PM

Wow guys, come on. All you do is rip on each other. Why not put your energy to productive use? Both of you has contributed in the past, and you could do it again. Just sayin...

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 08:42:22 PM

Wow guys, come on. All you do is rip on each other. Why not put your energy to productive use? Both of you has contributed in the past, and you could do it again. Just sayin...

I think Atlas has a great potential for writing and possibly even management over time. I am not ripping on him.  Undecided

I do think this thread is a joke though. No one would seriously donate to me deleting my account fully knowing I can create a new one instantly.

deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 08:54:00 PM

What if you delete your account again before he does? What if he never deletes his account?

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 08:56:30 PM

What if you delete your account again before he does? What if he never deletes his account?
I am not. To answer the latter question, the monetary incentive or lack of therof will sit indefinitely.
deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 08:57:37 PM

I am not. To answer the latter question, the monetary incentive or lack of therof will sit indefinitely.

I hope you hold yourself to that first bit

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 08:58:38 PM

I hope you hold yourself to that first bit
Without question.
bosschair

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 01:40:40 AM

How many poorly-specified contests are you going to attempt to set up?  This is at least the second one where time of day is critical, but again, you've failed to specify the timezone the contest will be judged in.  You're an idiot.  Given that you can't even think through the rules of your contests before announcing them, why would anyone expect you to actually follow through?  You'll just come up with some lame excuse and close it down.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 02:43:51 AM

How many poorly-specified contests are you going to attempt to set up?  This is at least the second one where time of day is critical, but again, you've failed to specify the timezone the contest will be judged in.  You're an idiot.  Given that you can't even think through the rules of your contests before announcing them, why would anyone expect you to actually follow through?  You'll just come up with some lame excuse and close it down.

Heh. I always go by GMT.

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 03:16:30 AM

I'll send .001212121212 Bitcoins to the address above making my prediction, with the last 4 set of digits being the specific time.

Hi Atlas, please help me send 0.001212121212 Bitcoins.  How do you send that many? Wink

(BFL)^2 < 0
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 03:58:01 AM

I'll send .001212121212 Bitcoins to the address above making my prediction, with the last 4 set of digits being the specific time.

Hi Atlas, please help me send 0.001212121212 Bitcoins.  How do you send that many? Wink

Heh, you need to remove a couple of zereos from the front.
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 05:05:20 AM

Given the questions of your trust worthiness in the pass. 

I hope this is a joke, a very very poor joke given the topic..

Atlas.. think before you post..  please..

If its not a joke and your even remotely serious.. and actually expect people to send coins..wow..  I've never saw stupid like that..

I would pretty much have the answer of if your a troll or not..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 05:10:00 AM

If its not a joke and your even remotely serious.. and actually expect people to send coins..wow..  I've never saw stupid like that..

I am trustworthy.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 05:13:08 AM

I am trustworthy.

Ahahahahahaha.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 05:20:58 AM

Show me one victim. One.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12865

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 06:12:00 AM

The only way my account will be deleted is if theymos deletes it. That however would mean no one wins (including theymos <3)

Well, I could bet just before deleting your account...  Wink

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 06:18:21 AM

Well, I could bet just before deleting your account...  Wink

Wait until the pool is a little bit more full, first
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 06:34:37 AM

I bet 0.00000069 that Atlas is retarded.

The transaction fee was 742 times the size of my bet. Do I win a prize?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: