Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:05:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Introducing nodix, a blockchain for web3.0 and metaverse  (Read 608 times)
IadixDev (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 151

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2019, 01:16:24 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2022, 10:03:44 PM by IadixDev

Introducing nodix, fullstack solution to create web applications using data graph stored on the blockchain.

https://nodix.eu/

The blockchain can store

• Application roots with default permissions
  • Type definitions
  • Object instances based on type definitions
  • HTML5 templates
  • Files indexed on the blockchain and shared using P2P protocol
  • Portable binary modules and script to implement data sources, event sources, and page generation scripts based on live blockchain data

Proof of ownserhip of application data using cryptographic signature, and application policy and types define the permissions to transfer or modify elements of the data graph on the blockchain. Secure key exchange can be used for private data stored in a crypted form on the blockchain.

The blockchain structure can also be used to store abstract syntax tree on the blockchain for functional programming and distributed scientific computation.

Modular design allow to build blockchain easily using POW or POS with simple configuration files without compilation.

It's based on a runtime providing portable binary modules, garbage collection, and lockless multithread primitive for fast and safe responsive applications, as well as parser / interpreter for script to define event sources, data sources, or content generation including mobile compliant HTML5 pages and smart contracts.

It's still under development running with a testnet there are already demo for :

Blogging and private messaging :

https://nodix.eu/app/blog/page/blog.site/index

Collectible cards with textured 3D model :

http://nodix.eu/app/Cards/page/cards.site/viewcard/E1D4CED519E7A2BCA905FADC18B8A4F9FB34E2680FC59606692D5D5FF179159F

Audio synth based on filter graph stored on the blokchain

https://nodix.eu/app/Cards/page/cards.site/compose

https://nodix.eu/app/Cards/page/cards.site/sequence

Raytracing :

https://nodix.eu/app/raytrace/page/raytrace.site/draw/C5C0142C28292E4083A1CBA44EAAD55339527D5669126EDE34ACAF97188413D1

I'm currently developing an app to design responsive HTML5 pages with dynamic data stored fully as a graph on the blockchain with full validation of the page in the client browser from publicaly verifiable blockchain data.

Hopefully i will have a mainnet running with a sample app in the next weeks with full web hosting solution including graph data, user accounts, content management etc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
liotmaan

Activity: 324
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 08:19:50 PM

How old is the network?
IadixDev (OP)

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2019, 04:41:09 AM

The first block was mined in june 2016 http://nodix.eu/nodix.site/block/F9D72B506D57420CDC828A004FC3DC1A3C5D716B53735580E6B32296DE30D3B7

But its a testnet chain, i will reset it in the next weeks to launch the mainnet Smiley

digitalica

Activity: 341
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 12:59:34 AM

very interesting, i'll build some nodes later
IadixDev (OP)

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2019, 06:19:44 AM

Oki let me know how it goes Smiley

Normally the build on Linux is very simple and quick, only the runtime have to be compiled it takes few secs with no dependencies.

digitalica

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 11:13:53 PM

when mainnet will you assign same amount of testnet coins?
IadixDev (OP)

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2019, 07:33:18 AM

when mainnet will you assign same amount of testnet coins?

No, the current chain have virtuelly illimited supply, to create lot of coins easily for testing.

The mainnet will have regular supply (In the 20 millions) and block reward.

digitalica

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 11:28:34 PM

ok thanks i will give a hit later
PS1987

Activity: 394
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 12:05:51 AM

any news for mainnet?
dillony

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 11:50:42 AM

interesting. may i know POW which algo?
IadixDev (OP)

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2020, 09:26:17 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2020, 01:23:28 PM by IadixDev

I almost finished the new white paper an advanced the application to edit and store dynamic page structure on chain, i will put the new white paper online in a few days, then add some more flesh to the page hosting app.

My cat has been sick and died of FIP in past days, unrelated but FIP is really an horrible terminal disease which require lot of care, plus the end year didn't have much time to advance past week.

One hard drive also died, didn't loose much anything, but also had to rescue and reinstall everything.

Plus i'm in the country at my parent's house and the internet decided to break, so i've been stuck with poor 3g connection for a week, still waiting technician.

The year that start like charm lol  Grin

But i'm getting back to it Smiley

IadixDev (OP)

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2020, 12:01:41 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2020, 12:22:24 PM by IadixDev

I almost finished the new white paper an advanced the application to edit and store dynamic page structure on chain, i will put the new white paper online in a few days, then add some more flesh to the page hosting app.

My cat has been sick and died of FIP in past days, unrelated but FIP is really an horrible terminal disease which require lot of care, plus the end year didn't have much time to advance past week.

But i'm getting back to it Smiley

take care dev!

thanks ! Smiley

i'm still mourning my cat, but it's a fatal disease, there is no vaccine, no cure, and almost all cats die within days or weeks.

Actually there is an experimental cure, but it's not approved, there is mostly a facebook group with volunteer who manage to get the drug going, but it's horribly expansive, 1000$ to 5000$ depending on the drug and the cat's weight, that almost make me want to propose a solution based on blockchain, because it's such an hassle to identify supplier, do the fund rising, find the brands, the dose, the history of other cats, it's all very poorly organised and it looked such an hassle i didn't even really wanted to get into it. I will wait a bit but i believe it's an area that could benefit from blockchain because it's anonymous, the drug is still illegal even if it has 80% success rate in clinic trial, and when i see the despair and how poorly organised everything is for poor owner whose cat has this disease to get this drug and organize the funding even if many donate because it's horrible to loose a cat to this, and the drug can still work on many cats. There is almost no research because it's rare disease, and the anti viral drug they use is also in research for human use so they don't want to spoil the human cure by risking side effects on animal testing, so it's pretty much stuck with volunteer who manage it as they can on a facebook group.

But yeah life goes on, i will give news in the next days Smiley

IadixDev (OP)

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2020, 12:13:41 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2020, 12:38:54 PM by IadixDev

interesting. may i know POW which algo?

I still didn't decide this, i'm looking at all the options, i'll go for something ASIC resistant and cpu based if i can, or even better if it can works on mobiles, i'll probably go for the randomX algorithm from monero.

The testned is with scrypt, but i will probably pick another one for the mainnet.

IadixDev (OP)

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2020, 11:35:40 AM

I updated the white paper

http://nodix.eu/site/whitepaper/nodix-whitepaper.pdf

http://nodix.eu/site/whitepaper/html/nodix-whitepaper.html

IadixDev (OP)

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2020, 02:34:44 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2020, 03:03:59 PM by IadixDev

The planning for now is already fleshing out a bit the application to store web pages construction graph on the blockchain, and putting the mainnet in place. However there is no specific buisness model for it, so it will more like a test bed for hosting different kind of decentralized applications. So there will not be really an ICO/IEO or anything for it. Maybe very small pre mine, if i can put it on a free or cheap exchange.

The next step is releasing some app with a real buisness model, maybe based on dynamic website/CMS hosting, social media, card games, or other kind of games, digital content sharing/store, or having an app with economic interest that can use those feature, for which an ICO would make sense, because there will be an interest buying tokens within the app, eventually without going through exchange as the value will not be solely based on speculation or trading pairs.

Probably i'll make some quick tests like demo / proof of concept for some applications on the mainnet that will be on in the next weeks, to demonstrate the possibilities, as the basics already works pretty well. But would need some more funding and organisation at least for hosting, UX design, graphics and other things in order to launch a fully featured "production" app.

IadixDev (OP)

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2020, 01:16:21 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2020, 01:30:36 PM by IadixDev

First version of the application to create web pages and store them on the blockchain as a data graph.

This a quick video demo to show how it works :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngAmeba2iFk

this is the demo page to create the page graph :

http://nodix.eu/nodix.site/createpage

It's a very first shot 'proof of concept', i'm going to flesh it out with more features like menus, tabs, and dynamic elements.

All the graph to construct the page can be represented as single line functional expression and loaded/executed in the browser based on blockchain references. It can uses files from applications as well.

Next step is to add dynamic object and computation graph from the blockchain's applications, to have something that can integrate spreadsheet like computation based on applications data.

After i'm done with that, i have all the feature i need for the mainnet.

IadixDev (OP)

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2020, 01:32:51 PM

I added more function into the page creation tool, and also the function to bind objects to HTML elements in the graph

made the video to show how to create the page, bind objects to HTML elements, and add new objects that are updated on the page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVTRCLR8aTo

This is the link to show/edit the page graph shown in the video

http://nodix.eu/nodix.site/createpage/3B3A041C72CF1D1C660B41BC03662A314CE14F77EE73C15D8C1F0580B4E1C0FE

this is the link to display the page

http://nodix.eu/nodix.site/viewpage/3B3A041C72CF1D1C660B41BC03662A314CE14F77EE73C15D8C1F0580B4E1C0FE

this show the block containing the page graph can see it's only few kilobytes in size.

http://nodix.eu/nodix.site/block/CC6356427BE7DCD6966A4A86AF0B86469ECEBE50581FC8693BFCB9A72667CD81

The page graph is constructed in sort that the root node hash contain the hash of the children, which contain the hash of children down to the leaves, so each page graph correspond to a unique hash, and each hash correspond to a page graph, which can be verified by the client in the browser. The browser download the page graph from the root node, and can verify all the hash from the root node to the leaves, and check the transaction are valid and included in the blockchain.

Each time some node or leaf data is changed, it recomputes the nodes from the leaf to the root, and the root hash will be updated with the changes.

This system make in sort the whole page graph can be checked by the client browser from the root hash on a decentralized distributed system.

Now most of the basic features are coded, i need to "tighten the screw" and little and catch the remaining bugs and i can launch the mainnet. I will check all the bugs and feature in the next week, maybe improve a bit the website and look and feel of different things, and then can put the mainnet on foot.

modewei

Activity: 71
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 09:14:53 AM

Have you given up the project?
IadixDev (OP)

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2022, 02:52:28 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2022, 05:03:40 PM by IadixDev

Have you given up the project?

Nope i'm still on it with many great news, working on a decentralised 3D engine with unity that support VR, will update the website soon ! Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNs0Kbw9mRQ

The start of the year 2019 what prophetic for me Cheesy Cheesy cronavirus all the way ! Smiley

At the moment i'm mostly working on building the c# unity client mostly as an equivalent to what would be an SPV wallet, aka only downloding block header and data used 'on demand' and unity as contain an UI toolkit that can be used to render something close to bootstrap webpage as formatted rich text, buttons, grids, so i'm mostly working on moving everything to the c# client, which is much better than using web browser + javascript on every levels.

Probably some of the builder tools will stay as online application, but there will be at least some builder to create virtual worlds on the blockchain within the unity client, and other tools to upload / edit objects and texture via the web interface (both of them connected to the blockchain via full nodes).

I'm overall pretty recultant with the model of selling token as a funding because i find this model relatively broken. I'm still unsure how to fund this though, so i'm not advancing super fast Smiley I'm in contact with some start up incubators in france i will see how that goes. I'd prefer some institutional funding with a classic share model not to spoil the utility value of the token and making it as close to an utility token as possible, which also make it easier to fit into regulation and better for users and creators and the whole ecocystem if the token itself doesn't come with technological debt and speculation too much.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: