Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:19:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Help]My mining rig is now getting 0xc0000098 plz help.  (Read 114 times)
crairezx20 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 11:16:11 AM

Guys, I need some help to those who experience the same thing in a mining rig. I don't like to reformat the whole PC because I'm mining solo in some shitcoin with this rig.

Do you have any recommendations to fix this issue? I don't like to destroy the files inside because it includes the wallets of some altcoins and I would like to use it again as normal as before.

I tried many guides online but until now I'm stuck on this the first problem is stuck on loading until I tried many guides to fix the stuck loading and after doing those guides I get this error after reboot. Hope someone knows to fix this issue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 12:38:26 PM

The error code 0xc0000098 means that the boot entry in the Windows bootloader is corrupted or missing which is preventing the startup of Windows OS.

Here are some methods that I gather for you to fix this issue.

1. If you recently installed any new hardware, disconnect it and try booting up again.

2. Boot into the recovery environment which is where you see a list of options available like System restore, cmd, startup setting, etc.

As soon as the windows dots starts spinning, just hold the power button for 5-8 seconds which will result in hard shut down. Do this twice and the third time windows will boot into the recovery environment.

Here you can try three things,

a. Go to Troubleshoot -> Advance option -> Startup Repair and see if the windows can repair the BCD itself.

b. If you have a restore point, you can roll back to a previous restore point.

c. Go to Troubleshoot -> Advanced Option -> Startup Settings and click Restart. This will display a screen with different startup modes to choose from and go with safe mode and see if it boots.

3. If none of the above works, use a different PC or laptop and download media creation tool from Windows, create a bootable USB drive using the software and try all these methods provided in this link.

https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-boot-error-0xc0000098-on-windows-10/

4. If none of the above works and you want to back up your files before reinstalling Windows, I'll suggest downloading latest Ubuntu ISO, making a bootable drive for it, boot it and backup all of your files to another storage media.
crairezx20 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 01:41:30 PM

I tried that all it seems that the BCD path is gone that is why I'm getting this error.

I don't have backup SSD to backup files from my SSD.

It seems that I need to recreate a BCD boot file from UEFI based system all guides from google and youtube are based on mbr/gpt not for UEFI based system.
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 05:26:56 PM

I tried that all it seems that the BCD path is gone that is why I'm getting this error.

I don't have backup SSD to backup files from my SSD.

It seems that I need to recreate a BCD boot file from UEFI based system all guides from google and youtube are based on mbr/gpt not for UEFI based system.

Oh, I see.
You don't need to back up the whole SSD, just the partition where the Windows is installed so that you can just erase it and reinstall it in the same partition.
Anyway, if there is no other way and you have to reinstall Windows again, I'll suggest going with Windows 10 LTSC variant as it gets security updates only and much better and stable than other variants for mining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: