Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:31:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 safety concerns?  (Read 653 times)
Voland.V

Activity: 224
Merit: 120

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2019, 11:58:46 PM

Today, to all the security problems of cryptocurrency as such, the problem of cryptography is added, and this is the basis of cryptocurrency.
And after that, the value of this information will be clear:
Quantum Supremacy Using a Programmable Superconducting Processor
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
Posted by John Martinis, Chief Scientist Quantum Hardware and Sergio Boixo, Chief Scientist Quantum Computing Theory, Google AI Quantum
https://ai.googleblog.com/2019/10/quantum-supremacy-using-programmable.html
------------------
Cryptography after the Aliens Land, Bruce Schneier, IEEE Security & Privacy, September/October 2018.
Read at least the beginning of the article, it was written by all recognized genius in cryptography! I had the honor of being in correspondence with this person; he allowed me to use his quotes. This is a formality, but a fact. The fact that modern cryptography has a lot of problems is not my thoughts. Think carefully about what is written in this article.
https://www.schneier.com/essays/archives/2018/09/cryptography_after_t.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Voland.V

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2019, 10:52:37 AM

Today, even a poorly trained user can do a phishing attack. There are ready-made programs for this. Everyone needs to know about this.

Here's a nasty fresh example of how they might attack us:

Large online services use two-factor authentication (2FA) to protect accounts. Usually its implementation comes down to the fact that in addition to the login and password, you must enter a one-time code sent in SMS or push-notification to the mobile number specified during registration. Until recently, 2FA was considered a relatively reliable anti-theft system, but now there are already ready-made tools that make it easy to overcome it.
One of them is Evilginx 2, which we will talk about. This is a reverse proxy server and a ready-made framework for performing a MITM attack to bypass two-factor authentication. Everything that is possible is automated in it.
Evilginx 2 has the super ability to create a signed certificate for a fake site using the client’s free and fully automated Let’s Encrypt Certification Authority. This helps the attacker to use HTTPS and decorate the phishing site with a green lock in the address bar. As a result, the fake is visually indistinguishable from the original. Plus, Evilginx 2 independently detects and intercepts valid cookies, and this is the main component of a successful hack.

We are used to the fact that all hacker tools are written for Linux, however Evilginx 2 is available both on Windows and as a Docker container.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 11:39:30 AM

what would be your top 6 safety concerns you have in the crypto space?

whether it be like scammers? wallet protection? exchange protection ? integrity of content creators?

lets hear it . and why you think its a concern
6 safety concerns are too much because the most important is security and knowledge .

scammers and hackers are both covered by Securities and knowledge because if you knew how to secure your currencies and you have a knowledge about the strategy of scammers and hackers then you can prevent them from entering your way.

also exchange is not worth letting for your assets to stay longer because they are steps away from being victim of hacking so keep safer.

Voland.V

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2019, 10:20:16 PM

The number of bitcoins lost due to the loss of keys or the death of the key keeper is huge and is growing every year. The theft of our confidential information, passwords - is growing. I get new confirmations of my position that new passwordless and keyless systems will be in demand. Here is a fresh example.
Positive Technologies experts summed up the results of the third quarter of 2019. Every fifth attack was directed against individuals, with almost half (47%) of all data stolen from them - these are credentials in various systems (logins and passwords). For example, the Clipsa Trojan is able to covertly “mine” cryptocurrency, steal passwords, change the addresses of crypto-wallets, and also launch brute force attacks against WordPress-based sites.
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 10:30:54 PM

whether it be like scammers? wallet protection? exchange protection ? integrity of content creators?

Security is lacking in mobile applications.I don't really trust them.In the play market(android) can add anyone who wants.As a result, only the end user can suffer.

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
owengtam09

Activity: 1330
Merit: 248

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 06:40:58 AM

let's hear it . and why you think its a concern
Concerns? Maybe we should consider the high rate of exchange in bitcoin and also the account should be more secure. Maybe security questions will do to make our wallet more secure and less in worries with hackers. About scammers I think, there are no scammers if there is no victim so let's are careful enough to join some bounties or some campaigns that are not legit so that no one will scam here.
Voland.V

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2019, 09:23:32 AM

These are not just fears, nothing is more serious than threats of cyber fraud. The facts speak for themselves:
"According to CipherTrace, this year's total losses from theft of cryptocurrencies and other types of fraud amounted to 4.4 billion U.S. dollars."
tianglistrik

Activity: 626
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 10:33:55 AM

These are not just fears, nothing is more serious than threats of cyber fraud. The facts speak for themselves:
"According to CipherTrace, this year's total losses from theft of cryptocurrencies and other types of fraud amounted to 4.4 billion U.S. dollars."
the biggest loss is also seen in many frauds in the name of crypto, for security I am sure that the system has been designed properly although there is still hacking that occurs. while fraud, can be secured by yourself and also some regulations that are formed.
Voland.V

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2019, 03:25:20 PM

In such a system, the private key must be stored only on paper. Exclusively. All modern digital storages - only seem reliable. And this illusion only works until the time that professionals are interested in you.
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 05:52:00 PM

I don't have 6 concerns I only have 1 and this is the widespread of scam ICO and IEO, hacking incidents and many more affecting crypto from being accepted, and becoming mainstream. These are the reasons I fear because the government of my country may also ban the use of bitcoin and consider this illegal and detain any person who is arrested and proven to have bitcoin hold.
Voland.V

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2019, 04:38:35 PM

I don't have 6 concerns I only have 1 and this is the widespread of scam ICO and IEO, hacking incidents and many more affecting crypto from being accepted, and becoming mainstream. These are the reasons I fear because the government of my country may also ban the use of bitcoin and consider this illegal and detain any person who is arrested and proven to have bitcoin hold.
---------------------------------
And how can the government (or someone else) establish the ownership of bitcoin? Is your personal data recorded on the blockchain? What tools can be used against you?
Cookies_N_Cream

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 05:01:06 PM

I've known crypto for over 2 years now so somehow I could easily spot a scam so I think I am safe in that part. My only concern is the security of my crypto wallet. I'm using an app on my phone and since everything was processed online, I got no hold if that app company goes "poof" in an instant taking all my money. I'm can't think of any solution on how I could feel secure when it comes to my e wallet.
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 05:16:13 PM

I've known crypto for over 2 years now so somehow I could easily spot a scam so I think I am safe in that part. My only concern is the security of my crypto wallet. I'm using an app on my phone and since everything was processed online, I got no hold if that app company goes "poof" in an instant taking all my money. I'm can't think of any solution on how I could feel secure when it comes to my e wallet.
Are you sure that you already knew the scams or not?Or you are saying this bcause you don’t really invest in any form that’s why there is no chance that you will be a victim?lol

But about the wallet issue?better have other option and don’t just rely on your local wallet .

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2019, 05:19:43 PM

The biggest concern I have is that Bitcoin does not have a rational economic model. There needs to be a way to attenuate the supply and distribution of who gets the currency if the economics of a situation require it.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 649

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 05:24:03 PM

Are you sure that you already knew the scams or not?Or you are saying this bcause you don’t really invest in any form that’s why there is no chance that you will be a victim?lol

But about the wallet issue?better have other option and don’t just rely on your local wallet .
These words are somewhat contradicting.lol He said that he knows and easily spot scams but talking on the basic safety of your assets when it comes to storage he do much prefer on an app to his phone?

When it comes to safety concerns then i would prefer on having those all sorts of things coming from your own personal wallet and then thru exchangers.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 05:30:34 PM

I'm really careful if we're talking about making deals and avoiding scams, and about wallet protection, I'm using usually blockchain wallet and I think it's really good, but I'm still thinking if I split my funds into more wallets or no. I'm just thinking to at least if somebody hack my wallet, I don't lose all my money, so it's kind be better to split it.
Ryker1

Activity: 1918
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 05:43:07 PM

I'm really careful if we're talking about making deals and avoiding scams, and about wallet protection, I'm using usually blockchain wallet and I think it's really good, but I'm still thinking if I split my funds into more wallets or no. I'm just thinking to at least if somebody hack my wallet, I don't lose all my money, so it's kind be better to split it.

Well, you are right in the wrong way. Web wallet does not support private key and you did not have full control of your privacy. Remember this always that, if you dont have a private key then your stored cryptocurrency does not belong to you. Crypto enthusiasts are always looking for a good and safety wallet and also the feature of the high label security. Electrum and hardware wallet is the best choice like ledger and trezor, as of now, I may conceder these wallets are good.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
cutesgirl

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 07:09:55 PM

Well, you are right in the wrong way. Web wallet does not support private key and you did not have full control of your privacy. Remember this always that, if you dont have a private key then your stored cryptocurrency does not belong to you. Crypto enthusiasts are always looking for a good and safety wallet and also the feature of the high label security. Electrum and hardware wallet is the best choice like ledger and trezor, as of now, I may conceder these wallets are good.
Website wallet like myetherwallet I think support using private key and not more safety than using offline wallet like nano ledger, but for beginner can use website wallet without have purchase first and after getting many coin reward from bounty campaign and airdrop project move to their nano ledger wallet to keep safety for long term holding their coin assets.
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 04:13:09 AM

If i say in one word it is full and final security of my wealth. As its connected to money transaction so that if i invest a large amount of my savings who will give me security. In normal system local bank report to central bank and if local bank lose their money central bank refund but crypto?

i think no ans here.
msarro

Activity: 788
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 09:45:18 AM

I am not a day trader nor I invest through centralized crypto exchanges. I m a long term hodler. My biggest and only fear is security of my wallent. I fear one day I see security of my wallet is compromised  and all my coins are transferred to another address and I cant do anything for that Sad

███████████████████████████
██    ▀█████████████▀    ██
██      ▀████▀████▀      ██
███▄    ▄██▀   ▀██▄    ▄███
█████▄▄██▀  ▄▄▄  ▀██▄▄█████
███████▀    ███    ▀███████
██████               ██████
███████▄    ███    ▄███████
████▀ ▀██▄  ▀▀▀  ▄██▀ ▀████
████▀   ▀██▄   ▄██▀   ▀████
██▀   ▄▄ ▄███▄███▄ ▄▄   ▀██
██▄ ▄█████████████████▄ ▄██