Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:00:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NOTHING IS ABOVE BITCOIN  (Read 968 times)
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
February 10, 2020, 08:06:54 AM

Adam Back, CEO of Blockstream and HashCash, has said: "Nothing is above Bitcoin, no Central Bank Digital Currency, no stable coins."

He continued that: "I think that blockchains are more about permissionless, uncensorable usage and free market money. I think while it is possible and useful for some use cases, like crypto trading, to have stable coins, they inherently fall short of Bitcoin as they have custody risk, and if there is a central bank underwriting also traditional establishment interests reflected in the operation which may look unattractive to users."

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/exclusive-nothing-is-above-bitcoin-no-cbdc-no-stablecoins-says-blockstream-ceo-adam-back

but investing in btc is just like gambling no one can predict the next hour of btc while stablecoins on the other hand has the edge that they are not so much volatile like bitcoin and manufactures may prefer these stable coins or banker coin for the trade. there are certain addresses which hold the 80 percent supply of bitcoin and they are the real manipulators who manipulate the market according to their will  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
flyer88

Activity: 1177
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2020, 08:56:12 AM

Bitcoin has demonstrated itself to be a predominant cryptographic money resource throughout the previous ten years, surpassing the market top of each other coin available. Despite the fact that there are numerous altcoins that have sprung up over late years, Bitcoin is at the top from multiple points of view.

Bitcoin has stayed at the highest point of the digital currency graphs since the time it was made, and there are numerous proponents that ok it.
It is clearly seen in the percentage of world domination of Crypto where Bitcoin still dominates the market to exceed 60%. I think it's because all Crypto lovers still believe in Bitcoin more than Altcoin. The foundation of Bitcoin now is so strong that market dominance will continue to increase in the future.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 10, 2020, 09:30:19 AM

even government cannot go above bitcoin so what can be?Bitcoin is above everything in terms of transactions.for me Bitcoin is the fastest payment mode i ever experienced in online system.
i can even earn just by sitting in my wallet so what more can we look for?investments in form of Currency?
Yes there is nothing above the Bitcoin, because Bitcoin is the king of all the coins. It has helped me lot during my bad times  i always work on Bitcoin only and trade on it only. Bitcoin is the future.
i don't know why stable coins are mentioned when there is impossible for these currencies to even get closer to what Bitcoin reached.

Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 10, 2020, 10:54:43 PM

Well, I am completely agree with  this CEO of Blockstream and HashCash despite I barely trust these types of capitalists, but he said the truth . Furthermore, it is pretty certain that nothing is better than Bitcoin even all the FIAT, despite they are pretty stable in value and the opposite is true for  cryptocurrencies. In fact, I guess that listing Libra coin ( maybe next year ) will defnitely affect on Bitcoin in a positive way because the community of crypto will increase dramatically especially after that event. Better things is going to happen.
Gumpfire

Activity: 378
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 11, 2020, 07:40:10 AM

Adam Back, CEO of Blockstream and HashCash, has said: "Nothing is above Bitcoin, no Central Bank Digital Currency, no stable coins."

He continued that: "I think that blockchains are more about permissionless, uncensorable usage and free market money. I think while it is possible and useful for some use cases, like crypto trading, to have stable coins, they inherently fall short of Bitcoin as they have custody risk, and if there is a central bank underwriting also traditional establishment interests reflected in the operation which may look unattractive to users."

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/exclusive-nothing-is-above-bitcoin-no-cbdc-no-stablecoins-says-blockstream-ceo-adam-back

I agree with the statement of the CEO, and I believe that what makes it (bitcoin) powerful is that no one is above it who really controls the flow of the system. There are a lot of benefits in using bitcoin, not mentioning that it can be used by anyone, anywhere in the world. The con that I can only think of is when people use it to illegal transactions, and so there is a bad image of bitcoin to those who are not familiar of it.
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 16, 2020, 06:51:14 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2020, 07:03:40 PM by gadado

Bitcoin is steady and decent volume at the moment but you never know whats going to happen with the rate. The 2nd famous coin is still far behind, but we all know what happened with Bitcoin a while ago, then it was also just few cents worth. I am really curious what will happen with other coins with the value. Bitcoin can also collapse
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2020, 07:16:32 PM

Bitcoin is steady and decent volume at the moment but you never know whats going to happen with the rate. The 2nd famous coin is still far behind, but we all know what happened with Bitcoin a while ago, then it was also just few cents worth. I am really curious what will happen with other coins with the value. Bitcoin can also collapse
Agree with you, altcoins are also hope of cryptocurrency and shouldn't belittle. They have the capabilities of surpassing bitcoin soon. It's true that bitcoin is still gaining much value but does the high value will exist for many years? We don't know.

If bitcoin is the greatest, it doesn't mean we shouldn't invest in the smaller ones. They are being called an alternative for a reason.
princesspoppy

Activity: 634
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2020, 11:53:11 PM

It is really the decentralization and market dependent cryptocurrency is the thing that makes bitcoin to be the king in the market. Many people prefer to use it because it offers better way of transactions unlike those currencies that involves third party. As of now nothing can beat bitcoin and I think it will go that way for a very long time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: