Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:39:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Password changed / Woke up recently. Good signals to know potential scammers  (Read 596 times)
Chivas Regal

Activity: 88
Merit: 13

Cheers!

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 07:52:25 AM

You may find at the moment with the world situation that people are returning to the Bitcoin forum (such as myself) or, they may have simply lost track of certain things such as their password for this forum and have needed to change their passwords, or reactivate their accounts.
I do not consider the case of changing the password or recently waking up as suspicious activity from profile account (like your account). However, in trading and lending they avoid your account because of potential fraud problems but if you can verify the old BTC address then avoid these accusations.

I don't think I've got one of those, but I will take on board what you just said about trading.

Thanks for the information.

Pleased to meet you.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tbct_mt2 (OP)

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2020, 01:49:11 PM

You may find at the moment with the world situation that people are returning to the Bitcoin forum (such as myself) or, they may have simply lost track of certain things such as their password for this forum and have needed to change their passwords, or reactivate their accounts.
It is normal if one reactivate their accounts after more than 6 months. Many people tend to abandon their accounts (not only account on the forum, but also account on exchange) when market is bearish for months; and reactivate their accounts when market turns to bullish. On the other hand, it is very abnormal if one user reactivate after months and instantly want to run a company, want to trade with the others. The same goes for passwords changed or reset.
I do not consider the case of changing the password or recently waking up as suspicious activity from profile account (like your account). However, in trading and lending they avoid your account because of potential fraud problems but if you can verify the old BTC address then avoid these accusations.
Without trading, reactivate account does not harm the others but sometimes, the forum has seen some massive accounts woke up and spammed.
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1110

View Profile
September 22, 2020, 05:18:16 PM

The message container in OP is obviously a vital and need to know one as far as security is concerned. It signals that your account has been tampered with which probably implies that your email maybe watched or is within the reach of a scammer.
For the rest of the users in the forum, it serves as a warning in contrast to the trust system as well. Though, we all love to think that we remain anonymous to each other but then, I'm sure a few users most have got to make true friendship and conducted a few successful businesses with each other hence, earning the trust of the other person. Hence, this signals the other party that, this might not be the regular user as the account portrays therefore, the user is warned by the system to apply caution in dealing with such account.
It's a good one @OP. I'm sure a lot of users don't know this.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
September 22, 2020, 10:01:02 PM

It is exactly being mention all the details and possibilities of the just woke up account. Who knows that you might be dealing with hack accounts and scammer offering you something which is really good. I know there are sold accounts here and some of them are being tagged already good for them. For now,  there is no visible indicator that the account shows just woke up unless you will going to check the user profile. As if one is not careful checking these details might not be able to aware who is he was dealing with. So a good practice is to watch always users profile account.
masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1592

hmph..

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2020, 03:03:05 AM

For now,  there is no visible indicator that the account shows just woke up unless you will going to check the user profile.
Yeah maybe no visible indicator, but we can check from security log pages to check every member who woke up or change his password. Or, you can visit BPIP website to see when the last change made by that members. Here an example from BPIP

Since the recently woke up and password/email change have a limit to shown on Trust Page, the BPIP page will help you to know security log history for every user.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀