Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:10:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You think terrorist groups around the world use Cryptos as a means of payment?  (Read 533 times)
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 08:41:57 AM

The terrorists are anonymous and they are ready to die if caught and will not reveal who is behind it all, what else to look for
Information on how they can get funds for weapons.
So don't blame crypto for its usefulness but the terrorists and the people behind it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Reatim

Activity: 2814
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 09:34:49 AM

~snip~
you know what is much important that i am thinking?is why there are newly created account like you who is making just a  single post and tackles about this kind of stuff?

does it really relevant and so important for you asking about this stupid question instead of many things that may help you learn the importance of cryptocurrency?

it always give me a thinking that you are just trolling or creating FUD for what reason is same question in my ming.

but for the sake of arguments?it doesn't matter if terrorist groups using crypto to fund their activities because even if not bitcoin was used still they will use other currency or mode of payments to continue their bad works so whats the difference?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
BitcoinsGreat

Activity: 966
Merit: 280

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 09:52:54 AM

The terrorists are anonymous and they are ready to die if caught and will not reveal who is behind it all, what else to look for
Information on how they can get funds for weapons.
So don't blame crypto for its usefulness but the terrorists and the people behind it.

Do you know people buy illegal guns and weapons through the dark web and all the transactions are done in bitcoins and crypto. For the terrorist, crypto is a blessing because they can now move the money or do transactions anonymously. There is no doubt in the OP question that one of the biggest misuse of crypto is its use in illegal and terrorists activities.
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 10:12:58 AM

Some might be using crypto but not all. In my opinion, some— not all terrorist are based in rural places so it's hard to connect using technologies. So those are probably using fiat, unless they have strong connections with higher people that can help them with different transactions. Those who have connections who is providing them some weapons might be using cryptocurrency to buy things on darkweb.

ballexplorer

Activity: 201
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 10:15:56 AM

I also believe that terrorists use the possibility of anonymous business dealings with cryptocurrencies to disguise their criminal activities. This possibility of anonymous money laundering is also used by criminal gangs if you believe the reports.
Therefore, almost everywhere in the world, the guidelines for money laundering and money laundering laws are tightened.
Unfortunately, these criminal gangs are turning the cryptocurrencies into a bad name.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1159

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 10:25:48 AM

I also believe that terrorists use the possibility of anonymous business dealings with cryptocurrencies to disguise their criminal activities. This possibility of anonymous money laundering is also used by criminal gangs if you believe the reports.
Therefore, almost everywhere in the world, the guidelines for money laundering and money laundering laws are tightened.
Unfortunately, these criminal gangs are turning the cryptocurrencies into a bad name.

Bitcoin transactions are fast and anonymous, Terrorist needs these two features and for them using crypto is the best option. They can use crypto for money laundering and all sort of illegal stuff without being traced. Due to this reason, many people give crypto a bad name but actually it is the terrorists who use crypto in a bad way.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1101

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 01:52:15 PM

Considering that there are still many terrorist groups or insurgents groups around the world right now fighting with weapons that probably cost a lot. Do you guys think that they use cryptocurrencies in order to fund their armies or do they stick with trading with cash or trading valuable resources that they have?

I would not be surprised if they do trade with cryptocurrency considering that cryptocurrencies are really hard to trace compared to the conventional means of trading such as cash or valuable resources. Unless their funders don’t really accept cryptocurrency and they stick with the older methods of payment.
How do we even know that for sure ?
Yes, there is no way you can tell who is making use of cryptocurrency, so you can't really tell if these terrorists are making use of cryptocurrency. But, I have seen a lot of times where Bitcoin is being used on the dark web.

There are lots of weird things that are going on on the dark web and since Bitcoin was invented they have all switched to making use of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies like Ethereum. But should we blame that on crypto? I don't think so. I believe that whoever Satoshi Nakamoto is who invented Bitcoin, he did it for a good reason, we can see that if we read the reasons he stated for creating bitcoin.

It's now up to us on how we use bitcoin. Even before Bitcoin was invented, there have been a lot of evil things going on in this world, there have been terrorists and these terrorists were being funded back then, so why should we now blame Bitcoin?
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 02:03:05 PM

Considering that there are still many terrorist groups or insurgents groups around the world right now fighting with weapons that probably cost a lot. Do you guys think that they use cryptocurrencies in order to fund their armies or do they stick with trading with cash or trading valuable resources that they have?

I would not be surprised if they do trade with cryptocurrency considering that cryptocurrencies are really hard to trace compared to the conventional means of trading such as cash or valuable resources. Unless their funders don’t really accept cryptocurrency and they stick with the older methods of payment.

By the way, just to make it clear. I am not in any way planning to make a terrorist group or insurgency, I am just asking out of curiosity as I can see that those terrorist groups or insurgencies in the news must get their funding from somewhere and I was wondering what means do they use to trade for their equipment.

Considering the fact that crypto is being used in the black market specifically bitcoin, there's a huge possibility that it is being used by terrorists all over the world. I have watched a series in Netflix wherein there's an instance where they bough their large weapons for a heist in the blackmarket and mentioned the value of it in bitcoin. It may be just a show but who know what are the things being sold in the black market. It would be very possible since the black market and crypto can't be regulated or controlled by the government of any certain country in the world.
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 02:20:14 PM

Crypto is anonymous so they will use this to exchange weapons, drugs and all they want in criminal or no matter who the people that do illegal things. So don't surprise if someday terrorist will caught by this transaction.

Actually I searched that in google and many article says that this is true, and I see also that bitcoin is really used and their are some report that authorities caught people using this to fund Islamic Terrorists.
dimox
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 02:39:44 PM

im not sure but it can be happen. you know if cryptocurrency keep the user identity, this is the safe place to make transaction without worried about revealing your information, and 'maybe' they use it. its just opinion, and we cant close eyes for this fact
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 04:51:20 PM

They are using crypto and fiat together but media are writing too many times about crypto and fraud
Terrorist will be using fiat currency more than crypto in my opinion and bitcoin came into existence after 2009 and it became mainstream after 2011 to 2013 and even before that there were terrorist getting funds and none of the governments were able to stop nor track any of these funds and now if some groups are using bitcoin as a mode of transaction then they like to blame everything on bitcoin which is bonkers.
s92225

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 09:17:20 AM

I think it definitely has contributed to the volume but I don't think it is a lot since most exchanges like OKEX would have KYC application to traders. OKEX
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 10:02:05 AM

As far as I know, there are incidents like that.

I don't know if this is true or not but as far as I know, there is an incident where it is said that terrorists are using cryptocurrencies to pay for weapons or to transact. With the volatility of it, obviously, these groups will be using it since they will never be tracked that easily by the government or their other enemies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: