Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:24:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum staking concept 2020 (Proof of stake)  (Read 388 times)
Jercyhora2 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 23

Epsilon Omega

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2019, 01:52:48 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2019, 11:43:42 AM by Jercyhora2

Does anyone knows about upcoming ethereum staking concept?

"Due to these events, it was decided that Ethereum will switch to a PoS blockchain in January 2020. Let’s see how this will work and why ETH might become one of the best staking coins in the market."

What do you think this will affect the Ethereum price on 2020. I am curious about the staking pool mention in this article

Its a good good news about ethereum holders.

Links :
https://paybis.com/blog/best-staking-coins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 01:58:10 PM
Merited by tk808 (2)

Vitalik decided to switch to POS due to their competitors scalability. But I think the reason it was taking too long is because its very hard to make this transition and ethereum had very large data in it. So transition from POW to POS is really hard though they are working hard,lets see if they can do it.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2019, 02:22:29 PM
Merited by tk808 (1)

Vitalik decided to switch to POS due to their competitors scalability. But I think the reason it was taking too long is because its very hard to make this transition and ethereum had very large data in it. So transition from POW to POS is really hard though they are working hard,lets see if they can do it.

Though sharding would significantly increase scalability of Ethereum, it could also pose problems we have never encountered. Ethereum needed this risk if it were to compete with newer utility tokens. But this should come only after a vigorous stage of testing and operation. It would have been better if they would have opted for a completely new blockchain and swapping the coins.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 02:34:43 PM

I have read a thread with also discusses the transition of ETH but what I have read as that ETH will not really be going int full POS but this is going to be hybrid POW and POS combined. So the main reason is for the scalability which I think its really important to address since the time where the kittens were active the network is clogged and gas price goes high.  Its almost bullrun and halving is also few month later so its very timely and ETH will sure stay on the 2nd cap rank still.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 02:38:49 PM

"Due to these events, it was decided that Ethereum will switch to a PoS blockchain in January 2020. Let’s see how this will work and why ETH might become one of the best staking coins in the market."

What do you think this will affect the Ethereum price on 2020. I am curious about the staking pool mention in this article

ETA for ethereum POS is not yet determined and by the way, the price of ethereum will increase a lot as per more ethereum will be locked in the network. As far as i know, if you are wanna participating in the staking and there will be a locked period for those are staking their coin will unable to take their coins for more than 120 days. That means more coins will be locked and there will be a huge chance for ethereum to drive its price to the moon in the future. Ethereum staking concept already scheduled to be launched next year but there is no ETA when it will be happening for sure.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
Jercyhora2 (OP)

Epsilon Omega

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2019, 03:06:26 PM

ETA for ethereum POS is not yet determined and by the way, the price of ethereum will increase a lot as per more ethereum will be locked in the network. As far as i know, if you are wanna participating in the staking and there will be a locked period for those are staking their coin will unable to take their coins for more than 120 days. That means more coins will be locked and there will be a huge chance for ethereum to drive its price to the moon in the future. Ethereum staking concept already scheduled to be launched next year but there is no ETA when it will be happening for sure.

Even if it needs 32 eth become validator, the exciting part is the staking pool where small investor and hodler can participate. I'm really want to be part of this.
CucakRowo

Activity: 994
Merit: 593

aka JAGEND.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2019, 04:42:14 PM

I think there's will be another concept. There's a pilot project that some community will offer Proof-of-Authority concept.
I know there are projects that use the concept of Proof of access (POA) ... and now, this pilot project will introduced another POA (proof of authority).

I just noticed about this Proof-of-Authority concept this morning.

Two unique pilot projects have been announced by the community-driven Ethereum Express. Over 48,000 users are set to take part in the undertaking and will provide the Proof-of-Authority based blockchain with traction and invaluable feedback for increasing the efficiency of operations.
Source : https://www.fortunecryptonews.com/2019/11/ethereum-express-reveals-two-pilot-projects-48000-users-participating/

Gunbounty
Copper Member

Activity: 61
Merit: 4

crypto-development and marketing agency

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2019, 05:19:02 PM

I like Ethereum and how Vitalik manages his project. I think this step was necessary for Ethereum. We can only wait and believe in its success.
Ethereum is not just the number 2 cryptocurrency in the Coinmarketcap rating, but also the number 2 cryptocurrency in popularity and recognition among the crypto community. I believe in the future of Ethereum and I like what the Vitalik Buterin does!

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ GUNBOUNTY ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
crypto-development and marketing agency
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 06:21:52 PM

I like Ethereum and how Vitalik manages his project. I think this step was necessary for Ethereum. We can only wait and believe in its success.
Ethereum is not just the number 2 cryptocurrency in the Coinmarketcap rating, but also the number 2 cryptocurrency in popularity and recognition among the crypto community. I believe in the future of Ethereum and I like what the Vitalik Buterin does!
even its still in the top in CMC the market cap from before has a big difference.
If ETH only atract investors using the staking that will be added next year , there will be no difference in price there should be something that they will add  to get back the trust of investors to invest again in ETH.
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 06:42:07 PM

Running a proof of stake protocol will surely be a good idea and will go a long way to increase the price of Ethereum next year when it gets launched. I believe this is one of the best moments and cheapest way to get your hands on some ETH waiting for this imminent pump. This is because validators on the network would have to accumulate a whooping amount of 32ETH and this will definitely bring about an increase in ETH's value.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
nekonyun

Activity: 882
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 08:29:14 PM

That is very good in my opinion because the stake system will increase ethereum prices because people will save ethereum to participate in this stake program so that more people will buy ethereum to participate in the stake eth program
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 08:37:41 PM

Op, you might want to cite the source you're quoting for one thing, as not everyone might have read the same thing you did.

January 2020?  Cool, I was wondering when Eth would go full proof of stake and I'm glad its that soon.  The fact that the change is being made isn't earth shattering in case you haven't been following it, by the way.  You'll need 32 Eth in order to earn anything, which might be too much for a lot of investors or at least the little ones.  I'm still trying to save that amount myself.

I would love to quote some of the posts in this thread and respond to them specifically, but they're idiotic nonsense unfortunately.  Good thread, op.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2019, 09:10:20 PM

About value or price i will say that as the pos model will bring passive profits to the hodlers which will be propirtional to the amount of eth held that will result in massive demand because everyone will want to make long term passive profits so everyone will want to buy more and more eth resulting in massive pumps in eth value.

tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 11:17:53 PM

If developers can achieve this, we will surely see more robust ETH and price. Already those who interested in staking recently began to increase, everyone wants to make money from the easy way like this. Being best in this regard will affect the demand, and that means a solid future. Lets not touch the wallet and wait for the brighter next year for it.
itos84
Copper Member

Activity: 111
Merit: 6

wunbit.com Crypto Gaming Arcade

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2019, 01:42:38 AM

For me the price of staking is just too high. It should be lower so average users get into ETH and start staking. If not only whales will take that advantage.

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
FireBallex

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 02:45:35 AM

It won't be easy but not impossible, the only thing that makes me sad about the POS upgrade is the minimum threshold which is 32ETH, way too much for someone like me

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Jercyhora2 (OP)

Epsilon Omega

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2019, 09:16:17 AM

It won't be easy but not impossible, the only thing that makes me sad about the POS upgrade is the minimum threshold which is 32ETH, way too much for someone like me

Theres pool for minimum investor which you can join.
kambaralikhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 10:09:31 AM

I think Ethereum will become more transparent cryptocurrency after this step and obviously it will also increase the price of ETH. Such developments in cryptocurencies are needed to make them more acceptable among people..

Jercyhora2 (OP)

Epsilon Omega

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2019, 11:44:23 AM

Op, you might want to cite the source you're quoting for one thing, as not everyone might have read the same thing you did.

January 2020?  Cool, I was wondering when Eth would go full proof of stake and I'm glad its that soon.  The fact that the change is being made isn't earth shattering in case you haven't been following it, by the way.  You'll need 32 Eth in order to earn anything, which might be too much for a lot of investors or at least the little ones.  I'm still trying to save that amount myself.

I would love to quote some of the posts in this thread and respond to them specifically, but they're idiotic nonsense unfortunately.  Good thread, op.

Done, I almost forgot. Thanks btw
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 12:06:12 PM

I hope Ethereum not take staking concept, they should create something else that can built our trust in crypto specially ethereum. As the second coin after bitcoin, they have really good reputation. Good news always become reality and can find the real source, not like others. Staking program fit to collect fund and this become their goal, ethereum should make more loyalty event with medium reward.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████