Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:34:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Rings  (Read 1280 times)
dree12 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 04:38:03 AM

Context:
If I can buy a ring of bitcoin, and propose to my girlfriend with it, then bitcoin is like gold.  If I can't, then your argument fails.

I wonder if I can embed a private key inside a ring.  Then it really would be a ring of bitcoin.

The ring can be the private key Tongue. Just arrange materials in slots. For example, one can divide the ring into 12 slots, 3 checksum slots, and 1 redundency slot. Each slot can contain:
  • Hex 0: nothing (just round)
  • Hex 1: Purple gem
  • Hex 2: Blue gem
  • Hex 3: Green gem
  • Hex 4: Yellow gem
  • Hex 5: Orange gem
  • Hex 6: Red gem
  • Hex 7: Gold bar
  • Hex 8: Silver bar
  • Hex 9: Wooden piece
  • Hex A: Graphite piece
  • Hex B: Diamond piece
  • Hex C: Rock piece
  • Hex D: Inscription "vires en numeris"
  • Hex E: Aluminum plating
  • Hex F: thin tube of ring material
With the exception of the redundency slot, which is a 4x12 box of elevated/non-elevated ring material.
Then SHA256 the resulting data if the checksum computes. Otherwise, use the redundency slot because the ring must be damaged.

On a more serious note, it would be cool if everyday objects could be made to include bitcoin private keys/addresses. Think of the applications of that! "Pay 0.1 BTC to address to play slots". Or, "Buy this table for 500 BTC, and get back a private key with 50 untouched BTC!". Etc.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrdavis

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2011, 02:30:28 PM

Interesting, but what I'm visualizing doesn't look like an appealing piece of jewelry.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: