Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 07:44:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have there been any money laundering schemes that used cryptocurrency?  (Read 517 times)
Williams_Leo

Activity: 207
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 01:40:01 PM

I read some news in media about cryptocurrencies being used for money laundering, even for terorrism financing. How much of that is true or proven I don't know but it puts a bad light on cryptocurrencies. However, we need to have in mind that anonimity and lack of regulation contribute to misuse of cryptocurrencies but that is not characteristic only for crypto, fiat is abused too.
Well, with an anonymous utility, crypto is clearly a useful vehicle for money laundering and more or less, people who want to launder money have been looking to crypto for a long time since it came out, and this may be a bad point for crypto in the eyes of outsiders but we are in the world of crypto. This obviously benefits us when we can see how well the crypto works implicitly, the government also has no control, income will not be monitored by the government and the transfer process will not cost too much or be doubted

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
Jammermob

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 03:23:01 PM

Yes, a lot. But still, in 98% of cases, fiat is used for money laundering.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 06:25:42 PM

Because of there are still no regulations using cryptocurrency is a very common way of money laundering. Some time ago I found out that there are Bitcoin mixers (or tumblers) which "purportedly clean dirty cryptocurrency by bouncing it between various addresses, before recombining the full amount through a Bitcoin $BTC wallet hosted on the dark web". So as you can see that case is very serious and well known among people. What's more, there are companies like Coinfirm which is a leader in Anti Money Laundering and risk analytics for blockchain and cryptocurrencies so maybe in the future such crimes will be prevented. It's pretty interesting topic, you can find more detailed information on their website: https://www.coinfirm.com/blog/coinfirm-releases-new-standard-aml-risk-reports-for-cryptocurrencies
Just few people do not know whit bitcon working to get much money can scam by some person try to get ponzi site with bitcoin name, I think when many people have know how bitcoin site give profit for investor they will not trusted again with ponzi site label their project with bitcoin or altcoin, when know how to get profit with bitcoin without how many percent a month they will understand with bitcoin and altcoin investing.
Bim abk

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 06:47:52 PM

I read some news in media about cryptocurrencies being used for money laundering, even for terorrism financing. How much of that is true or proven I don't know but it puts a bad light on cryptocurrencies. However, we need to have in mind that anonimity and lack of regulation contribute to misuse of cryptocurrencies but that is not characteristic only for crypto, fiat is abused too.
Well, with an anonymous utility, crypto is clearly a useful vehicle for money laundering and more or less, people who want to launder money have been looking to crypto for a long time since it came out, and this may be a bad point for crypto in the eyes of outsiders but we are in the world of crypto. This obviously benefits us when we can see how well the crypto works implicitly, the government also has no control, income will not be monitored by the government and the transfer process will not cost too much or be doubted
that is one use of crypto for bad things, or commonly called abuse. but again that crypto does have an anonymous nature and some people use it for money laundering, and this news is quite a lot. but those of us who understand the concept of crypto might still use it, whereas new people will think more badly about crypto
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: