Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:23:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN][BDC]The birth of BLACK DRAGON COIN: unique scrypt-jane fantasy coin  (Read 31740 times)
Hix
Legendary

Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:59:20 PM

We will try to start with high NFactor = 10 (or maybe a bit lower), so the gpus will have almost the same scrypt-jane hashrate as on scrypt coins (slightly above on 7970/280x).

1. Guys with big farms rape this coin at start, may be need highter N-factor and make more CPU-frendly coin at start?
2. Where start date?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cloudpost (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:11:17 PM

We will try to start with high NFactor = 10 (or maybe a bit lower), so the gpus will have almost the same scrypt-jane hashrate as on scrypt coins (slightly above on 7970/280x).

1. Guys with big farms rape this coin at start, may be need highter N-factor and make more CPU-frendly coin at start?
2. Where start date?

Hix, did you read the first post? I think about fair start for more than a month and made a concept scheme I'm gonna release and there is some details.

Can you please explain how big farms will rape it? I posted a strategy that IMO will at least provide a little protection from big farms. And if you are worried about big farms, maybe you have a good advice?

Scrypt-jane can be gpu-friendly OR cpu-friendly (at really high n-factor). CPU coin = coin for botnets (you can check cpu-only heavy coin that is being raped by cpu botnets. They mine all coins and dump them. I was mining that coin at the very start of pool mining and one day hashrate just increased from 1.5 gH to 15-20 gh, from 30-50 diff to 600). That's why I'm doing a gpu-only coin that will be protected from scrypt-asics as well.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
grotoc

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:11:57 PM

Will you release the code on github during the launch ?
Cloudpost (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:15:30 PM

Will you release the code on github during the launch ?

Yes, of course I will!

I will answer some wuestions and update the opening post with additional detailed info tomorrow Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:06:52 PM

Ninja-Launch also known as "how to effectively premine your coin without anyone getting pissy".
At least a pre-announcement everyone starts at the same time. How is that not fair?

It's not fair because the little guy has to compete against the big guy? The big guy has invested more money into mining equipment, they are equally matched in how much capital they have invested.

You are thinking its more fair if the little guy sees the ninja launch and starts mining before the big guy. Well what happens if the big guy sees the ninja launch before the little guy?

Not only does he have more mining power, but the net difficulty is lower and he receives even MORE coin than the little guy.

Wow super fair.
azhago

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:49:19 AM

I don't know about ninja launch, but low reward on first 100 blocks is a good idea. - 100 block is too low i think.

The concept of rewarding is funny, and i like it. I will mine.

Cloudpost (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:25:50 PM

Ninja-Launch also known as "how to effectively premine your coin without anyone getting pissy".
At least a pre-announcement everyone starts at the same time. How is that not fair?

It's not fair because the little guy has to compete against the big guy? The big guy has invested more money into mining equipment, they are equally matched in how much capital they have invested.

You are thinking its more fair if the little guy sees the ninja launch and starts mining before the big guy. Well what happens if the big guy sees the ninja launch before the little guy?

Not only does he have more mining power, but the net difficulty is lower and he receives even MORE coin than the little guy.

Wow super fair.

It's a good question. I'll try to explain why IMO ninja launch is better. I don't need to premine my coin more because the fixed premine is pretty big: I know that I will have to pay artist every week and will have to pay a money prizes for the art contest. And more important, I will work on the cd game online shop and crowd funding service a bit later.

I thought a lot of time about "fair launch concept". I have few statements, I hope they will explain my position:
1. Every launch must include solomining part. It's a short period when early miners have chances to solve blocks in solomining mode. I will do my best to avoid instamining (I'll do a couple of tests to adjust early diff retarget and probably will expand low rewards up to block 200-300).
2. Everybody will have the same chances with my ninja launch: I will make a launch thread and post passwords 10 minutes after, I will start the thread when most users are online (CET evening time. Maybe you have other ideas about good time?)
3. Scheduled launches often have a lot of problems (forum is down, download links doesn't work, launch is delayed, difficulty grows too fast and solomining becomes almost worthless, pools are ddosed) and many people who waited for a long time for that launch are disappointed.

I will do my best to organize as much transparent and smooth launch as possible. Same as with this thread: I made this informative announce post only when I had everything ready (concept, ideas, design, text etc.)

I respect big miners, but it's nothing but business for them. They are the big part of crypto world, but there's not a lot of them with huge gpu farms (at least there will be times more scrypt asics farms soon!). Black Dragon coin will be asic resistant, GPU only coin. Gpu miners are the blood of altcoins, gpu miners are the core of altcoin community, they have time and they wish to improve the coin they support. I need a community of people who share my love to fantasy culture!

I don't know about ninja launch, but low reward on first 100 blocks is a good idea. - 100 block is too low i think.

The concept of rewarding is funny, and i like it. I will mine.

Yes, I think that increasing low rewards period to smth like 200-300 blocks. Our team will do some testing soon.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Cloudpost (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:36:07 PM

Freenode chat (#blackdragoncoin) opened, I'd love to chat and discuss your ideas there.

Multiple domain names, twitter, facebook accounts registered a long time ago. We're working on site and forum right now.

The 1st epic wallpaper is finished. I'm sure you'll LOVE that beautiful art, I'm using it as a wallpaper right now Smiley (we have most popular 4:3, 16:10 and 16:9 resoultions available: 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, 1440x900,  1920x1200, 2560x1600, 1920x1080, 2560x1440)

I calculated the approximate number of coins for the first year and for the next years of mining:

First year   ~ 14,571,761 bdc
next years ~ 3,258,720 bdc a year

Code:
1-50k blocks: 5,000,000 base reward (50,000 x 100) + ~428,687(47,500 x 9.5(average 1d19 bonus) - 5%= 475,000) + 250,000(2,500 (~5% of 50,000 will be "critical hit" with double rewards) x 100 = 250,000)=7,678,687

50k-100k blocks: 2,500,000 base reward (50,000 x 50) + 361,000(47,500 x 8(average 1d16 bonus) - 5%= 380,000) + 125,000(2,500 (~5% of 50,000 will be "critical hit" with double rewards) x 50 = 125,000)=2,986,000

100k-150k blocks: 1,500,000 base reward (50,000 x 30) + 180,500(47,500 x 4(average 1d8 bonus) - 5%= 190,000) + 75,000(2,500 (~5% of 50,000 will be "critical hit" with double rewards) x 30 = 75,000)=1,755,500

150k-200k blocks: 1,000,000 base reward (50,000 x 20) + 135,375(47,500 x 3(average 1d6 bonus) - 5%= 190,000) + 50,000(2,500 (~5% of 50,000 will be "critical hit" with double rewards) x 20 = 50,000)=1,185,375

200k+ blocks (50k blocks volume): 500,000 base reward (50,000 x 10) + 90,250(47,500 x 2(average 1d4 bonus) - 5%= 190,000) + 20,000(2,500 (~5% of 50,000 will be "critical hit" with double rewards) x 10 = 20,000)=610,250

1 year volume ~= (14,215,815 (250k blocks, ~350 days) +  140,600 (16 days of mining)~= 14,356,415 + 215,346 (1.5% premine of the 1st year volume)= 14,571,761 BDC

next years volume = 2,628,000(262,800 blocks a year, 720x 365 with 10 base reward) + 499,320 (262,800 x 2(average 1d4 bonus) - 5%= 499,320) + 131,400(13,140 (~5% of 262,800 will be "critical hit" with double rewards) x 10 = 131,400)=3,258,720 coins

1440 mins a day, 7220 blocks = 10 days, 50k blocks (block halving interval) = ~69,4

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
WutriCoin

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:52:44 PM

Very interesting concept. Its great to see that someone gave some thought into coin. Good work!

I would love to help you out with web development, forum setup or raising a p2pool node for launch. If you are interested of course Wink My wife would kill me if I don't get involved with fantasy coin, especially with this kind of potential.
azhago

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:21:40 AM

If you can, choose a "better" algo : keccak, groestl, qubit etc..
multi-pool doesn't use those, and they are more power efficient than scrypt (normal, N, jane)

If you really preffer scrypt, choose scrypt-N instead of scrypt-jane

kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:01:47 AM

Just a question to prepare for the ninja launch:

what miners does this coin use?
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:09:22 AM

You should be able to use any of the Scrypt-Jane miners listed below. Be prepared to reconfigure your settings for it to work with your card though:

kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:18:03 AM

You should be able to use any of the Scrypt-Jane miners listed below. Be prepared to reconfigure your settings for it to work with your card though:

Thanks for the reply, if I am able to get microcoin mining smooth I would be well prepared?
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:24:49 AM

Thanks for the reply, if I am able to get microcoin mining smooth I would be well prepared?

Yes, that should work. The dev would need to release the nFactor parameters specific to the coin though. The OP says he will post a guide before the launch.
ig0tik3d
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:07:41 AM

SCRYPT_CHACHA SCRYPT_KECCAK512 ?
or maybe salsa6420/8 ?
spiffcow

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:00:52 PM

Regarding the premine..  I think the best way to handle this if you absolutely feel you need a premine is to have an escrow holder..  The escrow holder then publicly announces any premine disbursement.  That way we miners can feel secure that you're not pumping and dumping. 
Cloudpost (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:00:03 PM

Guys, thanks for your replies. I will post more information about algo and miner a bit later.

Regarding the premine..  I think the best way to handle this if you absolutely feel you need a premine is to have an escrow holder..  The escrow holder then publicly announces any premine disbursement.  That way we miners can feel secure that you're not pumping and dumping. 

You like the concept/ideas but don't like the premine? But the premine is the key to development and promotion and it is also a part of my concept (read my plan in OP). If you plan to support and/or mine Black Dragon coin, you have to agree that I will be the escrow holder of premined coins (note that the % is high, but it's a % of the year volume!). It's all up to you.

Unlike many tricky developers, that say that there is no premine, but in reality they instamine the coin in the beginning, I show everybody the premine and my plan. I don't have an IPO. I have a good launch plan and I'm sure supporters will be happy with the coin progress. Just return to BDC after 1-2-3-4-... weeks after the launch and check how it's going Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Cloudpost (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:37:06 PM

Don't worry, I will post all information at launch (and there will be enough time for you to set everything up before I will post passwords). I will provide a miner as well as solomining guide with correct settings examples Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
niteryder

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:01:42 AM

http://bdc.allpoolz.com
- Always 0% mining fees!
- Miner Notifications
- Port 8080 mining
- VARDIFF
- Stratum
- DDoS Protection
- Database off-loading (faster more reliable)
- Ticket support
- US Server

Sounds like fun!  Pool is up.  You can register and get your miners setup.
Manwe

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:23:24 AM

http://bdc.allpoolz.com
- Always 0% mining fees!
- Miner Notifications
- Port 8080 mining
- VARDIFF
- Stratum
- DDoS Protection
- Database off-loading (faster more reliable)
- Ticket support
- US Server

Sounds like fun!  Pool is up.  You can register and get your miners setup.
Could you please update the Getting Started page? It is still for REGULAR SCRIPT MINER.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: