Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:56:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Got scammed by e-scrooge.is 1.08eth  (Read 224 times)
BTcSD (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

LoveMe

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 05:23:21 PM

Dear Colleagues

Please stay away from this exchange , Scam alert , Actually it supposed to be a simple transaction from Eth to paypal in due time but E-Scrooge close the order clamming that they can't send paypal amount to the giving address while they transferred received eth to binance acc .

After 22 days with support stopped to reply my messages , i figured that i had been scammed by E-scrooge.is .
Please see attached images and transaction Tx Below :

https://etherscan.io/tx/0x87880434b0c6d896d3404ba56ba14f02813e1b42fc693d76b7df3584ef0c01d2
https://imgur.com/a/vIaOxCo

Scammed order : order #3723247

Thanks

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
BTcSD (OP)

LoveMe

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 05:27:44 PM

Review added in trust-pilot
https://www.trustpilot.com/submitted/review?correlationid=408d385f-af54-4530-819f-4bd2c3725cb5

Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2019, 05:30:06 PM

I wonder how you guys come up with such exchanges. Haven't seen any sort of advertisement of this site or heard from reviews. Always use reputed exchanges. There are lot out there and there are many who may ask for verification or may not but atleast them scamming you is most unlikely.

Kami90kaza
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 06:17:42 PM

im sorry for your lost but im not sure why you used that exchange , you could use many others. even you dont know which one is trusted you could google it. anyway thanks for review
BTcSD (OP)

LoveMe

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 06:46:09 PM

Thank you colleagues i was hyped by the good trust given to the exchange in Trust-pilot and unfortunately some people still believe deposit to their address every day as it is clear in Eth-blockchain , but i switched to old way by using https://localbitcoins.com/ ,, and all went fine.

trapcoder666
Copper Member

Activity: 234
Merit: 135

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 05:50:44 AM

Should have rang some bells when you see a site name with scrooge in it. They're stingy with money so would probably be keeping your funds. 
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1213

Heisenberg

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 08:28:59 AM

Thank you colleagues i was hyped by the good trust given to the exchange in Trust-pilot and unfortunately some people still believe deposit to their address every day as it is clear in Eth-blockchain , but i switched to old way by using https://localbitcoins.com/ ,, and all went fine.
Never base on trust ratings on trust pilot. Anybody can create multiple fake postive reviews. If there is anything you should have done first, it would have been to ask for opinions here. People would have helped you out to figure out if the website is trust worthy.

It's my first time hearing about the scam exchange.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3671

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2019, 09:30:53 AM

Sorry for your loss, but you need to do some research before making any deals with unknown platforms.
Direct exchange from cryptocurrencies to a PayPal account leads to blocking your account (It violates the terms of use of Paypal.) so any platform that offers direct transfer is considered a scam platform.
Scammers seem to be playing on the time factor because this platform has been operating since 2017 without any positive evaluations, "a new negative sign."
freelancers

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 04:30:28 PM

hi if your selling eth or btc i will buy and send by paypal no scam or any cheap i have also been cheated here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5206874.0

if you need legit buyer then i am here so we can start from 1$
e-scrooge

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 08:27:16 PM

Dear Colleagues

Please stay away from this exchange , Scam alert , Actually it supposed to be a simple transaction from Eth to paypal in due time but E-Scrooge close the order clamming that they can't send paypal amount to the giving address while they transferred received eth to binance acc .

After 22 days with support stopped to reply my messages , i figured that i had been scammed by E-scrooge.is .
Please see attached images and transaction Tx Below :

https://etherscan.io/tx/0x87880434b0c6d896d3404ba56ba14f02813e1b42fc693d76b7df3584ef0c01d2
https://imgur.com/a/vIaOxCo

Scammed order : order #3723247

Thanks

Dear, HaloTech

No need to mislead all users and our customers. This whole situation happened solely through your fault. We never deceive our customers and do not steal money. Our reputation is 7 years of our work.
An online chat is available for your questions, which works 7/24 every day. If you do not know how to use online chat, then how should we respond to your fantasies.
You gave us a PayPal account that cannot accept payments and funds were in the hold. We immediately informed you about the situation and said as soon as the hold is over, we will make you a refund in accordance with our refund policy.
If you don’t understand anything in exchanges, then you don’t need to post with your fantasies about our service.
Today we returned the funds and PayPal and made you the return of ethereum.
Please do not place an order in our server anymore, since you have been blacklisted by customers.

Regards, E-Scrooge
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 09:15:54 PM

I wonder how you guys come up with such exchanges. Haven't seen any sort of advertisement of this site or heard from reviews. Always use reputed exchanges. There are lot out there and there are many who may ask for verification or may not but atleast them scamming you is most unlikely.

That's what I always thought when I see scam accusations about exchanges that I am only seeing now. They either just see this as a shared post in social media or they search this in Google along the lines of "best exchange with low rates" or "exchanges with no KYC" or something like that where they only see links of these exchanges on sites which I also don't know, this is the only thing I can imagine why they always stumble upon this kinds of exchanges. Looking for scam reports and reviews for the website doesn't even help since they aren't that big and I don't think their victims have lost a lot where they even care to report something about this. Really the only way to avoid being scammed by this kinds of exchange is not joining them in the first place.
btc_angela

Activity: 2618
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 10:30:00 PM

@BTcSD - can you confirmed if you have received your ETH back?

@e-scrooge - I think you also need to understand that majority of people involving themselves are newbies and not that technical. I know that they need to learn and be knowledgable as to how everything works. But as service provider, you don't need to bad mouth a customer, just saying.

And I think this is a lesson's learned to the the OP.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
AlexSimion

Activity: 1078
Merit: 210

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 01:38:01 PM

I'm assuming since he hasn't posted anything more about it since that he got refunded . 
"Reply from E-Scrooge
18 hours ago
Dear HaloTech
No need to mislead all users and our customers. This whole situation happened solely through your fault. We never deceive our customers and do not steal money. Our reputation is 7 years of our work.
An online chat is available for your questions, which works 7/24 every day. If you do not know how to use online chat, then how should we respond to your fantasies.
You gave us a PayPal account that cannot accept payments and funds were in the hold. We immediately informed you about the situation and said as soon as the hold is over, we will make you a refund in accordance with our refund policy.
If you don’t understand anything in exchanges, then you don’t need to post with your fantasies about our service.
Today we returned the funds and PayPal and made you the return of ethereum.
Please do not place an order in our server anymore, since you have been blacklisted by customers.

Regards, E-Scrooge"
And since he failed to provide this info aswell , it's most likely he forgot to add that it was of his own mistake , and refunding him the Eth would take some time.

BTcSD (OP)

LoveMe

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 01:07:53 PM

Refund has been done and received , the delay in process which was reasonable due to paypal refund procedures let me think that e-scrooge.is is just another scam .
Refund link is here :
https://etherscan.io/tx/0x93540613857a41b4ecfd8c28c52ca3dd63b025dd9e839ee88662c038d4d6bf8c

Thank you team of e-scrooge.is and all the best

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: