Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:53:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How merit is acquired  (Read 346 times)
xZork

Activity: 1249
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 03:08:32 AM

There is no standard for a quality post, maybe it's a high-profile post that can be a scam warning. The forum does not rate your post, all smerit owners will evaluate it themselves.
Just post something useful to the community and people will give you merit.
I think the only way to earn merit is to be a helpful person and publish quality articles.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GSpgh

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 02:02:39 PM
Merited by gentlemand (1)

Be yourself. Don't pretend to know something you don't.

This is the only thing that will work in the long run. I'm surprised how many reputable members here are trying to play along with the OP and provide some strategy tips. There is no universal strategy that can make one a better poster, other than just do what you would normally do in a forum and forget aiming for merit.

You do memes well? Can get merit for that if you do it in the right place and time. Know how to swear in 3 different languages? Might work too. Can manually hash a Bitcoin block? Welcome back, Satoshi, here is 100 thousand merits for you. This place is so extremely liberal that you can even get merits by posting about shitcoins which is mindblowing to me but it does happen. And there are many posters who will never get merits no matter how hard they try, that's a fact too.

For example I looked at the few merits I earned and there is no chance I could have predicted that those posts would have earned merits. Except maybe the threads I started. Threads are more likely to earn merits I think maybe because people don't read past the OP. But it would be bad advice to say "create threads to earn merits". Don't do that. Create threads only if you have something to say that is not said in other threads and doesn't fit into other threads.
3 angle

Activity: 32
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 03:46:50 PM

There is no standard for a quality post, maybe it's a high-profile post that can be a scam warning. The forum does not rate your post, all smerit owners will evaluate it themselves.
Just post something useful to the community and people will give you merit.
I think the only way to earn merit is to be a helpful person and publish quality articles.

Quote from @Juggy777:

7) Make sure your posts are constructive and helpful: I can’t stress how important post quality is, but since every guide has covered it in details I’ll keep it short here focus on quality rather than quantity.

I think that's an important point and one of the many suggestions I like about "How merit is acquired".
Visit: Merits Guide based on my personal experience. to read all the guidelines from @Juggy77, he shared his experience of merit acquisition there.
Onuohakk

Activity: 672
Merit: 29

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 07:03:19 PM

Be consistent in the forum, read other people's post before suggesting yours. Post meaningfully without making much grammatical errors. Keep following up your post, don't just post for posting sake to meet up bounty post

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
COCKSMUGGLA69

Activity: 34
Merit: 37

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 10:16:58 PM

I got all my merit from posting in the art contest. Any thread that solicits content creation is a good place to get merits.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: