Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:41:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to gift Bitcoin this Christmas (+cool Bitcoin gift ideas)  (Read 494 times)
ntsdm1

Activity: 394
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 09:32:37 PM

I used the black friday deal that Ledger had to buy a few sets of their Nano hardware wallets as gift to those who already own crypto, but are too much of a cheapskate to buy a harware wallet themselves. This way they can stop leaving their funds on an exchange and thank me later when they aren't victim of a hack or a rogue exchange not allowing them to withdraw.

Gifting Bitcoin to those who aren't into crypto but know that the price tanked hard isn't a good idea. I did it once myself and had to explain constantly why the price kept going down while Bitcoin according to me was so revolutionary. Not doing that again. Common joes are hard to deal with, mainly when they think they know how things work better than anyone else.
Yes, but it's a very original gift.If I give bitcoin to someone for a holiday, I will offer one condition - to open this wallet in 10 years.I am sure that then they will remember me and thank me for the gift.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2019, 05:41:37 AM

Gifting Bitcoin to those who aren't into crypto but know that the price tanked hard isn't a good idea. I did it once myself and had to explain constantly why the price kept going down while Bitcoin according to me was so revolutionary. Not doing that again. Common joes are hard to deal with, mainly when they think they know how things work better than anyone else.

Basically sometimes we need to be the one to initiate an information for them to know bitcoin instead of them just freely knowing it to the social media sites that could turn out to be negative when the information that they could get is based from frauds and scams occurred online. For me, the initiative to gift them even with just a cold bitcoin wallet such as cards that contains bitcoin is already an effective way. Especially if we are to give it to them during Christmas, it will be imparted on their mind that they received something unusual, and because of this, their knowledge about bitcoin scams could be turn out to a nice present and a bright future for bitcoin as well if ever the recipient becomes curious and starts to use bitcoin as well.
EdvinZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 07:30:57 AM

The best way to gift bitcoins is to gift them in a hardware wallet in a festive Christmas package. If the budget is limited, then of course fit stylized Christmas theme paper wallets. Do not pay attention to the fact that someone here writes that a paper wallet is an inappropriate gift. On the contrary, I think it is a very important, valuable and interesting gift. The main thing is to give it with love and correctly explain what it is.

Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 10:26:16 AM

If you'll be gifting to a person without knowledge about bitcoin and you want to introduce it to him/her it's better to give him physical stuff like shirts with bitcoin inspired design. If the person you'll be giving a gift is a crypto man, give him some bitcoin in his wallet, not on separate wallet it will be good for sure Smiley

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2019, 11:52:48 AM

If you'll be gifting to a person without knowledge about bitcoin and you want to introduce it to him/her it's better to give him physical stuff like shirts with bitcoin inspired design. If the person you'll be giving a gift is a crypto man, give him some bitcoin in his wallet, not on separate wallet it will be good for sure Smiley
i agree using paper wallet is not really a good idea for gift especially to those who dont have knowledge in crypto
some crypto user dont even know how to use paper wallet or what is paper wallet
the real best way is to send them coin directly or give them physical stuff with bitcoin design

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18510

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 12:52:39 PM

The best way to gift bitcoins is to gift them in a hardware wallet in a festive Christmas package.
Gifting a hardware wallet with bitcoin already on it is an even worse idea than gifting a paper wallet. The person now needs to trust that you have securely initialized the wallet, correctly and securely copied their seed phrase, gave them the real seed, and aren't keeping a copy of it yourself. You will also be able to derive every address they will ever use. Not only is this a huge privacy and security risk, it also teaches them terrible security practices right from the beginning.

If you must gift them a hardware wallet, gift them it brand new, let them initialize it themselves, and then send them some bitcoin.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 02:43:04 PM

Just like others mentioned. The person receiving the paper wallet has no clue if the private keys of the wallet has been compromised while being delivered  to him. Again, what if the person who you have sent the paper wallet has no clue on how to use it and gets destroyed in the process? There are many other ways to gift bitcoin, but gifting a paper wallet isn't the wisest thing to do to be honest.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: