Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:00:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IPL Mutual Pool Discussion.  (Read 1879 times)
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3887

Visit: r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2019, 01:16:36 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2020, 09:18:44 PM by Royse777
Merited by teosanru (1), amishmanish (1)

The original proposal was posted in the Test Cricket topic but that makes off topic in that thread so I am moving the contents here:

~snip~

Count me in! I was considering the same thing.. small Fee for participation. 5-20 bucks sounds reasonable to me, will accept whatever community decides. last time you guys had around 10-15ish participants, i wasn't part of it but after World Cup pool experience, i am looking forward for IPL too.
Let me make a list as we progress of the interested users and so far the list have:

Code:
Interested Users - Proposed Entry Fee 
Royse777 - $20+
JSRAW - $5 to $20
akhjob - 15$ to 30$
SaShiRaJaVu - 0.001 BTC
RapTarX - 0.001 BTC
Haunebu - 0.001 to 0.002 BTC(Current price)
teosanru - $5-$10

After having the list we can make a discussion about the entry fee. 5 bucks seems too low to me. 20 bucks is standard of course however this is what I think :-P

We need to find an affordable number for everyone and if we can manage a sponsor then it will be nice. I have cloudbet (not seeing Ronnie from long time though) and Sportsbet.io in mind but anyone is open to come up with an amount and can sponsor the pool.

Edit: I have updated my signature space with the link of this post with the hope of some exposure of this proposal. If we all can try some exposure from our own power then our chances to get more participants will increase of course.
Can we?

Update 04/08/2020
Draft information of possible participants and entry fee: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5209354.msg54933813#msg54933813

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2019, 01:18:43 PM

Reserved

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
akhjob

Activity: 1050
Merit: 416

Buy Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2019, 01:30:37 PM

@Royse, I am more than eager to join the pool Smiley
But I was not active last year, so I am not aware on how exactly this works. Can you point me to the last year's thread or explain how this pool works?
Are you suggesting 20$ for every match  Shocked Or am I missing the main point  Roll Eyes
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2019, 01:52:19 PM

Awesome!

But I was not active last year, so I am not aware on how exactly this works. Can you point me to the last year's thread or explain how this pool works?
Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5114470.msg49926539#msg49926539

Are you suggesting 20$ for every match  Shocked Or am I missing the main point  Roll Eyes

No, it's in total. Once you will understand once you will see the superbru pool format.

Basically for every mach you guess the outcome and there are point for correct guess. After the tournament the user who will score the highest point he will be the pool leader. Then we will have 2nd place and 3rd place etc.

Let me know your proposed entry fee once you have a good grip of the information.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 02:04:03 PM

Seriously guys, it's height of foolishness, it's 4 month away and we are discussing now, why? @Royse777 you can check all cricket schedule for next 1 or more years in cricbuzz or cricinfo. I saw your post in telegram and come here to post this.

There is many important series before that IPL. Even BBL is just from next week, better talk about that.

AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2019, 02:14:03 PM

There is many important series before that IPL. Even BBL is just from next week, better talk about that.
I think there are not many interest for BBL. I even do not have any idea about the teams too. This is why, I think last year we did not go for that too. Currently there are BPL in progress but as usual there are not many people following that, even not me too. IPL is the one which seems everyone is interested in.

Seriously guys, it's height of foolishness, it's 4 month away and we are discussing now, why? @Royse777 you can check all cricket schedule for next 1 or more years in cricbuzz or cricinfo. I saw your post in telegram and come here to post this.
I did not know it's four months yet to go :-P
But trust me the time will fly very quick. I hope it worth the time. If the forum stays then hopefully we will stay too :-D
So if you are interested then let us know your interest and proposed entry fee you thing okay for everyone.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 03:39:41 PM

I think there are not many interest for BBL. I even do not have any idea about the teams too. This is why, I think last year we did not go for that too. Currently there are BPL in progress but as usual there are not many people following that, even not me too. IPL is the one which seems everyone is interested in.
I am not sure about all the different teams that are playing the IPL nor the BPL but i usually watch particular players that are able to perform and since we have a discussion well before the tournament i think i will have a clear picture about the team composition, these tournaments have a transfer window every season right and is that over to know the full members in every team or is it yet to happen.
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2019, 03:55:10 PM

Awesome!

Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5114470.msg49926539#msg49926539

Are you suggesting 20$ for every match  Shocked Or am I missing the main point  Roll Eyes

No, it's in total. Once you will understand once you will see the superbru pool format.

Basically for every mach you guess the outcome and there are point for correct guess. After the tournament the user who will score the highest point he will be the pool leader. Then we will have 2nd place and 3rd place etc.

Let me know your proposed entry fee once you have a good grip of the information.

As i remember this for last year, it was free to join. So why are you asking for the bucks to join this year ? I think you should again start a superbru pool and volunteers will submit thier donations for the pool. This way more people will be able to join and it will be more fun.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 04:18:42 PM

~snip
As i remember this for last year, it was free to join. So why are you asking for the bucks to join this year ? I think you should again start a superbru pool and volunteers will submit thier donations for the pool. This way more people will be able to join and it will be more fun.
There were sponsors and volunteers last year and if you are not able to get the sponsors then what is the point in running a competition and hence a nominal fee does not hurt anyone, even if the joining fee will be 0.001BTC and if we have ten players then it will be a decent amount that goes to the winner and anyone can spare those amounts i guess.
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 05:11:38 PM

Count me in as well.
I'm interested to join in the pool. I guess IPL will be a great one for having a competitive pool. I guess a fee in BTC would be much fair. It can be 1 mBTC, or higher. Lower than 1 mBTC will not make the pool much bigger as you know there are not much people who would be interested in a paid pool.

FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2019, 05:37:24 PM

~snip
There were sponsors and volunteers last year and if you are not able to get the sponsors then what is the point in running a competition and hence a nominal fee does not hurt anyone, even if the joining fee will be 0.001BTC and if we have ten players then it will be a decent amount that goes to the winner and anyone can spare those amounts i guess.

So why didn't you spare the amount and nominate yourself in the pool till now ? Also how can you be so sure that there will be be no sponsor this time around ? In the free pool last year there were around 20 members so i doubt you will make it to ten players with paid pool.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 07:57:31 PM

~snip
So why didn't you spare the amount and nominate yourself in the pool till now ? Also how can you be so sure that there will be be no sponsor this time around ? In the free pool last year there were around 20 members so i doubt you will make it to ten players with paid pool.
Is it not too obvious to understand that i am willing to spare 0.001BTC for the pool, do you really want to have an agreement to understand that . Oh well since some of you have difficulty in understanding things, i am willing to give 0.001BTC as pool entry , hope you are happy now because i made things easier so that even kids would understand Wink.
UmerIdrees

Activity: 2226
Merit: 834

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2019, 05:35:59 AM

Well, big bash league may not be of much interest here. I did not know anyone who is from Australia here ?
But before the IPL, we have the PSL tournament which has two advantages. First most of the people have interest in it and secondly it's duration is shorter as compare to  IPL, so it will be good if we can have a PSL pool before the IPL one. But again it depends upon the Royse and people here who want this pool or not. (sometimes i feel i am too patriotic.. Kiss)

Haunebu

Activity: 3038
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 08:42:30 AM

But trust me the time will fly very quick. I hope it worth the time. If the forum stays then hopefully we will stay too :-D
So if you are interested then let us know your interest and proposed entry fee you thing okay for everyone.
Lol. This thread surprised me too kinda like the Xbox Series X reveal yesterday since there is plenty of time left for the IPL. Anyway, count me in since I had a blast playing in the pool along with you guys the last time around.

joining fee will be 0.001BTC and if we have ten players then it will be a decent amount that goes to the winner and anyone can spare those amounts i guess.
I agree with this amount. Anything from 0.001 to 0.002 BTC(Current price) seems optimal in my opinion.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 08:52:47 AM

Lol. This thread surprised me too kinda like the Xbox Series X reveal yesterday since there is plenty of time left for the IPL. Anyway, count me in since I had a blast playing in the pool along with you guys the last time around.

joining fee will be 0.001BTC and if we have ten players then it will be a decent amount that goes to the winner and anyone can spare those amounts i guess.
I agree with this amount. Anything from 0.001 to 0.002 BTC(Current price) seems optimal in my opinion.

0.001 to 0.002 BTC turns out to be between 7 - 15 dollars. If you are deciding the pool amount, make it count in dollars and not in terms of satoshi.
By the time IPL will start, that is about 3 - 4 months from now, the bitcoin price could be quite high with halving coming in June.  0.001 may well be between 17 -20$ at that time.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 10:12:00 AM

Agree with @deadley and @Haunebu that its bit early to talk about the IPL but IMO its doesn't hurt us to create little hype for IPL pool and its comes handy when there is some sort of participation fees because the last 2 pool (IPL and World Cup) were free to join.

After having the list we can make a discussion about the entry fee. 5 bucks seems too low to me. 20 bucks is standard of course however this is what I think :-P
Yeah you are right on your case but we have to keep our mind open that there might be some users who thinks 20 bucks are big amount to spend in some Inter-web cricket community (putting it respectfully) Grin and rightly so because it depends on the individual budget or pocket. We have tiny community and i personally don't want any good user to left out only because of fees.

But fees are necessary to avoid sig-spam similar to "English Premier league Football"

We need to find an affordable number for everyone
Agreed!

and if we can manage a sponsor then it will be nice. I have cloudbet (not seeing Ronnie from long time though) and Sportsbet.io in mind but anyone is open to come up with an amount and can sponsor the pool.
That would be great, even if its for small amount.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
akhjob

Activity: 1050
Merit: 416

Buy Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2019, 02:49:04 PM

An entry of 15$ to 30$ will be fine for me  Smiley Anything below 10$ will be too low IMHO, but I'll join irrespective of the fees if it's not above 30$.

I guess almost everyone who is active in cricket discussion is in a Signature Campaign, so I think it wouldn't hurt to pay a week's payout as an entry fee for the pool Smiley
Even though my Sig Campaign pay is less, I can afford up to 30$ for the fun
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 03:30:22 PM

Maybe a bit too early to make this thread IPL has more than 6 months but still I would like to join it. I think $5-$10 is enough. Problem is that IPL doesn't actually has that much craze on this forum so more or less we are those same 5-6 people who discuss cricket in ODI, TEST & T20 Threads. It's better to keep it low so other people could also join in.
~snip
Is it not too obvious to understand that i am willing to spare 0.001BTC for the pool, do you really want to have an agreement to understand that . Oh well since some of you have difficulty in understanding things, i am willing to give 0.001BTC as pool entry , hope you are happy now because i made things easier so that even kids would understand Wink.
yeah 0.001 seems quite legit to me. It is around $7 and won't really hurt a lot of people.
Haunebu

Activity: 3038
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 06:56:42 AM

0.001 to 0.002 BTC turns out to be between 7 - 15 dollars. If you are deciding the pool amount, make it count in dollars and not in terms of satoshi.
By the time IPL will start, that is about 3 - 4 months from now, the bitcoin price could be quite high with halving coming in June.  0.001 may well be between 17 -20$ at that time.
Did you read my post properly? I mentioned "Current Price" which is why I was obviously referring to $7 - $15 and that is also why you need to get your eyes checked.

Yeah you are right on your case but we have to keep our mind open that there might be some users who thinks 20 bucks are big amount to spend in some Inter-web cricket community (putting it respectfully) Grin and rightly so because it depends on the individual budget or pocket. We have tiny community and i personally don't want any good user to left out only because of fees.
I agree, but the fact is that many gambling signature campaign members never actually gamble and only pretend to for obvious reasons which is why I think that the entry fee should not be too low. $7 - $15 seems right in my opinion.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2019, 05:34:29 AM

People!
We have 7 members so far who are interested and have a price point in their mind. Bring it more!

@UmerIdrees, for PSL I can help you to get started with the pool if you want. I have seen in another thread you were interested to create a pool and I would like you to do that. Once you do things by yourself you learn the stuffs. Go on bud. I have your back. You have permission to use the format I use or to use any contents from my posts if you want.