Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:17:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Will Not Be a Medium of Exchange  (Read 545 times)
Jiyens3

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 02:52:01 PM

Another person talking shit. I spend bitcoin all the time. Stop lying and spreading misinformation. Which third world countries are you talking about that have money that fluctuates like that?
You say you won't spend bitcoin because it will be worth more in the future? Then convert all your fiat into bitcoin because using fiat to buy something is the same as buying bitcoin with the fiat beforehand the only exception is that you are using a superior payment method instead of crappy fiat.

The fact that BTC can be used as a currency doesn't mean it'll ever be used as a widespread medium of exchange. That is what I took the OP's message as, that it won't catch on and be widespread. Of course BTC could buy 'something'. LTC can buy stuff too, and I expect Doge as well. I recall Beancash could be used to buy stuff if willing to jump through some payment hoops -- but I wouldn't exactly say it's going to be an everyday currency used by most people.

If you feel otherwise, that's fine. I simply don't think the volatility issue will really ever be fixed. BTC as 'digital gold' is still good enough, that's at least a real world use.

As for countries with currency issues, Venuzuela comes to mind.

I can buy almost anything I want in my country with bitcoin aside from pay bills and buy food. I use bitcoin more then I use cash or the bank. It is already widespread. You can pay for many things online from many differnt countries. Everything digital I have paid with crypto. That means it is wide spread. The fact it is in africa being used means it is widespread. I have bought so many things with crypto from seeds and garndeing supplies to entire pc setups tables laptops. Shoes, stuff for the kitchen, curtains, eating utensils and everything in between. So there you go there are thousands of real world uses. So stop talking shit. Look at this web site bidorbuy.co.za eeverything there can be paid with bitcoin. Thats an entire market place like Amazon and you tell me it is not widespread.  Tongue Roll Eyes

I think we have a different definition of 'widespread'. I am not referring to the number or types of items you can buy with BTC. There are plenty. And if we compare BTC to most alts, BTC will be the crypto in widest use as a medium of exchange (at least currently).

But when I state widespread use, I mean it in regard to a large percentage of the general population using BTC as as a medium of exchange.  And that certainly isn't happening. BTC would need to be used in a similar fashion as paypal, for instance, to say it's a common medium of exchange.

I don't see that ever happening due to the volatility issue. Again, if you feel otherwise, that's fine. I'm not here to argue the point or try to put BTC down (as besides owning BTC, I consider store of value a real-world use and good enough).
Actually this Bitcoin became multi Tallent. Because I know, besides Bitcoin investment as well as trading, because with Bitcoin it outperform other coins, making it flexible enough for Bitcoin all the direction he wants to go. For my exchange less so agree, since it is rare for Bitcoin to be redeemed in other forms of coins, more precisely many coins are more used to replace it as Bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆