Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:57:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Automated Trading Challenge - Start 0.015 BTC  (Read 487 times)
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1256

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 06:44:52 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2020, 03:24:05 AM by crwth
Merited by hugeblack (1), nydiacaskey01 (1)

*Disclaimer - This is only one of the exchanges that I’m currently trading. I'm also running a Market Maker Bot and Arbitrage Bot using Gunbot (different strategies in trading). The results may vary depending on the market conditions if you try to run it. There could be profit or losses. Rest assured that Gunbot runs the right way according to your parameters in your Trading Strategy.

*Update - January 9, 2020

I'm crwth and I'm going to try to a live challenge using Gunbot and I will update it daily with current happenings like trades, if it's Short or Long, etc. I will be using Bitmex as my main exchange to take advantage of the leverage on the exchange and with the options of trading on a bear or bull market. You could also take advantage of this if you decided to get your own. Gunbot products are 50% off for Christmas, btw.

I'm trying to show you guys how you could trade using an automatic trading tool and at the same time, you could learn how different indicators work. This would be a conservative setup in which we limit trades to make sure that we entered at the right time and right price.

I'm using Gunbot Ultimate at Bitmex exchange.

Parameters:
Buy Method Bollinger Bands When Ask Price touches Lower BB, it would go Long
Buy Method Bollinger Bands When Ask Price touches Higher BB, it would go Short
Additional Indicator: RSI - for confirmation of the trade
Amount per trade: 10% of total balance
Stop Loss: 10%
Leverage: x10
ROE: 20% and with ROE Trailing with Gunbot, it will check per 0.1 ROE Increase/Decrease to see if it will still rise, making it sure you get a better profit.

Starting Balance: 0.01500000
Current Balance: 0.01482722
Profit: -1.15%

The bot is running 24/7 in a VPS

Gunbot - Automatic Trading Tool
RSI Indicator
Bollinger Bands

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 06:45:24 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2019, 01:35:33 AM by crwth

Summary of Trades:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15TZFTkxUn3qto2Vq99QXiVxCbtAbb-CYFAE1dH2q27A/edit?usp=sharing

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2019, 01:46:16 AM

I have inserted summary of trades since the start in the second post with the spreadsheet. I would be continuously updating it together with posts like this.

It made a couple of trades. I think I need to adjust the ROE per trade, it could've gotten a bigger profit if it haven't exited early. I would adjust it to 0.5 ROE in the program.

You could  see the history of trades also with the arrows and the side bar.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2019, 01:36:29 AM

Another adjustment towards my settings. I have misunderstood the stuff with my ROE settings and I thought it was not yet multiplied by your leverage. I missed that. So right now I got updated settings and currently, with the recent pump, I was at loss today. I'm here for the long run, so let's see so everyone would be part of the ride.

Current Position: Short
ROE: 3.3%
Entry Price: 7167.50

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
iamthewall
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

Blockchain Developer / IT Security

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 02:33:10 AM

I would personally no longer short this after such reversal on daily TF, even the candle close seems in favour of bulls.
I assume this was the so waited bottom. Good luck with your trades tho!
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 03:08:34 AM

What's the pros of using the bots when the result is a loss ? i hope the bots experienced loss only because of this bad weather of crypto market.
And when the market is sideway or calm, it could have more profits than loss. The market is in good condition right now and most of coins are recovering, is it a good time for using the bot ?
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 03:22:14 AM

What's the pros of using the bots when the result is a loss ? i hope the bots experienced loss only because of this bad weather of crypto market.
And when the market is sideway or calm, it could have more profits than loss. The market is in good condition right now and most of coins are recovering, is it a good time for using the bot ?

To execute OP's command even he is out of his desk. Look at his set parameters, it needs a close watch that's why OP considers using a bot.

Nice thread OP. A good watch for those who want to consider using bots.

Hope you will have a good run.
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2019, 05:55:40 AM

I would personally no longer short this after such reversal on daily TF, even the candle close seems in favour of bulls.
I assume this was the so waited bottom. Good luck with your trades tho!
I didn't personally do it, Gunbot did and we will see what happens. I changed my timeframe to 1 hour instead of 15 mins to make sure I have better view in the long run. You will never know once we are there. I didn't expect the fast rise of BTC. I have different accounts for trading and this one is dedicated to automating it. It makes me worry less about thinking if I should go out or not. Whatever happens, I would be transparent.

The market is in good condition right now and most of coins are recovering, is it a good time for using the bot ?
It's always a good time to use a bot especially if you want a 24/7 checking of the market. It would depend on you. You could PM me if you want more info about it.

Nice thread OP. A good watch for those who want to consider using bots.

Hope you will have a good run.
I do hope in the long run, I would be able to show the trades that it had. I am also trading other markets like Arbitraging and Market Making.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2019, 02:50:19 AM

Waiting for trades now. I just got a great trade with the recent short from 7167 to 7100. Now currently waiting for another opportunity. RSI is not yet confirming trades. The price of BTC is not yet touching any of the Bollinger Bands. It's best to be at the right timing when entering trades. Good thing that an automatic bot is not emotional and doesn't feel FOMO.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2019, 12:48:57 AM

A recent trade happened and it turns out it still went up. Stop loss is hit but it's okay. We're in here for the long run. I have updated the trading history.

Recent position:
Short Position
Entry: 7193
Stop loss: 7272

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2019, 01:57:18 AM

I'm happy with the recent trades before. As you can see it made a comeback and we are almost back to where we started. Hopefully more great trades to come. We're in it for the long run. Will continuously document this and maybe people would be more interested.

I have changed the parameters as well with regards to ROE. I like the current settings with the current market.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 09:46:06 AM

Super happy you keep updates even during the holidays. Personally I'd like to read more details, maybe some reasoning why you changing parameters and more statistical data to keep an eye on would be great. Summarizing key infos in the post rather than having to read from screenshot would greatly improve the experience for readers imo.
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2020, 01:11:21 AM

Super happy you keep updates even during the holidays. Personally I'd like to read more details, maybe some reasoning why you changing parameters and more statistical data to keep an eye on would be great. Summarizing key infos in the post rather than having to read from screenshot would greatly improve the experience for readers imo.
That's a piece of helpful advice, maybe more detail so I could share why I chose that type of setting. I'm just not sure what other statistical data you are talking about but if you have other questions, I would be willing to answer them.

Anyways, here's my update.

I didn't change any settings currently and I stayed it as an ROE of 20 so that I could recover my previous losses.

I'm trying to emulate a swing trading type of strategy using a bot to make decisions for me.
  • When to get into a trade
  • When to take profit

Current position:

Long entry @ 7136 - ROE: 6.53

The encircled part is the long position I got, so hoping that it would be the bottom of the week and maybe have a higher price so we could profit? Hopefully a fruitful new year! Happy 2020!

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
pajak666

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 11:37:05 AM

Think I just auto piloted and expected balance/profit update in your last post and not the first one Cheesy all good as it is. What RSI thresholds are you using for signal generation? Did you backtest this strategy or went live straight away? Also did you think of some dynamic stop loss? fixed 5% might be sub optimal in many setups
Not_A_Rocket_Scientist

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

tradingbot.info

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2020, 01:56:23 PM

I am doing the same trading bot challenge with 0.4 BTC invested using the cloud-based bot platform. You can check my performance here: https://tradingbot.info/category/results/

TRADINGBOT.INFO - Everything you need to know about cryptocurrency trading bots [Reviews, Guides, Testings]
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2020, 08:02:11 PM

Think I just auto piloted and expected balance/profit update in your last post and not the first one Cheesy all good as it is.
Maybe it would be helpful for the readers to have an update with the current updated post and not just the first one, no?

What RSI thresholds are you using for signal generation? Did you backtest this strategy or went live straight away? Also did you think of some dynamic stop loss? fixed 5% might be sub optimal in many setups
I'm using 35 and 65 RSI as my buy and sell confluence with the Bollinger bands. I actually just directly input it. I haven't actually backtest it but it is possible in Gunbot in TradingView. You could also utilize TradingView together with Gunbot in trading.

The reason I chose a 5% stop loss is that I wanted to have a low-risk, high reward type of trading. I'm not sure it would work in the long run but I love to see how it goes. I think I would create a new thread and it is with Market Maker mode of Gunbot.

I am doing the same trading bot challenge with 0.4 BTC invested using the cloud-based bot platform. You can check my performance here: https://tradingbot.info/category/results/
Good for you. I don't trust cloud-based type as it may compromise my data like the API Keys and Secrets be used in a malicious way or something. I didn't check your link though.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
pajak666

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 11:43:17 AM

I've been following your progress as well but there hasn't been any update in a while:P Should we expect anything soon?

Maybe it would be helpful for the readers to have an update with the current updated post and not just the first one, no?
Yea I think it has only upsides. The history of screenshots/updates will still be visible in your posts but it will be way easier to navigate the thread when we get to these 100 pages Tongue

Quote from: crwth
I'm using 35 and 65 RSI as my buy and sell confluence with the Bollinger bands. I actually just directly input it. I haven't actually backtest it but it is possible in Gunbot in TradingView. You could also utilize TradingView together with Gunbot in trading.

The reason I chose a 5% stop loss is that I wanted to have a low-risk, high reward type of trading. I'm not sure it would work in the long run but I love to see how it goes. I think I would create a new thread and it is with Market Maker mode of Gunbot.
Think you should try backtesting. It's not only binary test as in working/not working for a strategy but you can simply tweak it easily and increase your edge without risking any capital. When I checked for crossings of moving averages, they worked way better without a stop loss. Also adding RSI filter has lowered the profitability.
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 04:59:46 AM

Yea I think it has only upsides. The history of screenshots/updates will still be visible in your posts but it will be way easier to navigate the thread when we get to these 100 pages Tongue
Thank you for your contribution, maybe, in the long run, there would be a great result. At least it's a humble beginning and transparent.

Think you should try backtesting. It's not only binary test as in working/not working for a strategy but you can simply tweak it easily and increase your edge without risking any capital. When I checked for crossings of moving averages, they worked way better without a stop loss. Also adding RSI filter has lowered the profitability.
I did a couple of backtesting before like this. See the picture below

You could check the profitability, net profit, percent profitability, and anything that you could get in TradingView. It's an additional extension for your Gunbot and you could test out your strategies there easily. I know that I haven't completely backtested it yet but I think it's okay to consider since I'm limiting my trades with RSI. It's better to make sure.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
pajak666

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 10:45:48 AM

You could check the profitability, net profit, percent profitability, and anything that you could get in TradingView. It's an additional extension for your Gunbot and you could test out your strategies there easily. I know that I haven't completely backtested it yet but I think it's okay to consider since I'm limiting my trades with RSI. It's better to make sure.

Have you checked for profitability of your strategy without rsi filter? That's what I'm talking about. I had a strategy that in my mind should perform better with this type of 'insurance' filter but actually it did hurt the performance. F.e. 2 moving averages crossover simply earned more money if i didn't use RSI filter or stop losses. In many markets that is.
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 11:09:19 AM

hmmm, gunbot doesn't seem to be as effective as what people say. I think that the person who executes the trade using the bot still has to make a lot of adjustments. Hopefully, in the coming days, the author will update the trading profit in a week soon and show which trades are most profitable when using which indicators. This will definitely be a good experience for the latecomers like us.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: