Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:57:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account Ozymandias Hacked  (Read 668 times)
Ozymandias2 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:02:17 AM

Hello all,

I wasn't sure where to post this, but under the advice of a mod, I'm making an announcement to ask everyone to not trade with 'Ozymandias'. Until earlier today (though I believe the account was compromised as long as 2-3 days ago) that account has been under my control but since then the email with which I registered the account the account has been removed and the answer to my security question has been changed (thus I am unable to regain control of the account).

The abrupt change from frank discussion to scammish requests for trades in the alt coin forum should be a massive red flag to everyone (though I don't know how many people check posting histories as a way to tell if one is trustworthy) as well as the negative trust rating that Malevolent was kind enough to leave after I alerted them of the account's compromise.

I will attempt to prove ownership of the account to the mods with the sole intention of being able to end/delete the account as since it was already compromised I do not personally trust anything pertaining to that account and will likely make this my new account.

Anyway, just wanted to put up a warning to everyone as there are at least two people that I'm aware of that may have nearly traded and subsequently been scammed.

Cheers.

The Real Ozymandias
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blaater

Activity: 462
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:32:30 PM

I was in a trade with the Ozymandias, the hacked account, he wanted to escrow through starsoccer9.

I am unknown with starsoccer9, so I did not proceed/agree with it. I don't want to point fingers @ starsoccer9, or raise suspicion, but his account looks well respected, he might want to look after his security aswell.

I cannot understand why a scammer would want to use a genuine escrow otherwise?

--edit-

I gave starsoccer9 a pm about this message to inform him.
Ozymandias2 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:40:17 AM

I was in a trade with the Ozymandias, the hacked account, he wanted to escrow through starsoccer9.

I am unknown with starsoccer9, so I did not proceed/agree with it. I don't want to point fingers @ starsoccer9, or raise suspicion, but his account looks well respected, he might want to look after his security aswell.

I cannot understand why a scammer would want to use a genuine escrow otherwise?

--edit-

I gave starsoccer9 a pm about this message to inform him.

I recall seeing starsoccer9 posts and do not recall any red flags. To the best of my knowledge, there were two others besides you that may have traded or been in the process of trading with the hacked account. One of them is Moebius327 (whom I think wisely backed out of the trade) and the other is Buybtc4PP who responded to a scam trade offer in the alt coin forum but who noticed my warning before actually going through with the trade.

Thanks for letting him know so that he can prevent other scam attempts until I recover and ultimately delete the account.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:19:31 PM

hello guys, I want to apploud you for your safety in the matter.

My account was indeed hacked and I have been working to regain control for quite a while. I just got access today and want to apolgize for anyones troubles.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: