Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:00:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we giving Red trust feedback too easy?  (Read 466 times)
lulucrypto

Activity: 709
Merit: 335

You need someone to develop your Web project ?

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2019, 10:31:28 PM

I know that trust feedback system is created with good intentions,
but sadly I must say that it has become reason of ridiculous time wasting member arguments.

I think we are all giving red trust feedback to easy without double checking, investigating or talking with other members.

We all make mistakes, and we don't want to listen other side at all.

Please guys, let's not create enemies and clans here.

What options we have:
- Give neutral feedback
- Talk with other member
- Ask advice and consult other members before giving red trust

Um, I think you should not include everyone when you say that.

Personally, I am not a "big user" of the trust system. when I use it, it's because I really know who I'm giving my "point" to.

You can see that for yourself:
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=1305990

Web developer.0x0AB75f882ef60731e02212fFcfBA7C5ce6e0B4F3
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2019, 12:00:21 AM

Recently there isn't much drama on Reputation section, but I understand about what you're talking. Sometimes it's sad to see high ranked reputed members fighting against each other. I know that they have reasons why they hate each other, but I think it's more personal things and it's not a reason to leave negative trust rating. Such feedbacks makel ook trusted people like scammers, despite that they aren't. I believe that's missuse of trust system and leaving neutral feedback and distrusting person would be more appropriate thing. These wars leads nowhere and reminds two kids fighting for a toy in the sandbox.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 07:21:19 AM

I had experience to receive negative trust simple because I was member in some signature campaign
It can happen if someone is advertising scam.
because of some issues long time ago, before 7-8 years and not connected with this forum,  trade or crypto at all.
Trust is not related only to this forum, or to crypto, some users seems don't understand this. For example, if someone scam you on facebook, would you trust that person on bitcointalk or you will warn others?
You mean DT who can't do shit themselves? Doesn't look like a good DT material to start with.

You don’t want to name them, nothing will change. If the red neg isn’t justified, you can always report it to other DTs so they can exclude the user if he is unwilling to correct its feedback.
I reported DT member and they are still DT.

If you have clear evidence of any scamming a flag should be raised. Negative trust is a broken dinosaur that just destroys the forum and the free speech here. It is UNDENIABLE. If there is no direct link to financially motivated wrongdoing there should be no flag or tag obviously. Most red trust i see handed out has ZERO connection to financially motivated wrong doing. More likely is a DT throwing their weight around trying to crush free speech of other members.

Then they perform some mental gymnastics saying eating lemons when you know there are others around who may die because they are allergic to lemons shows you don't care about other people, if you don't care about other people then obviously you will scam them if you get the chance.

CLEAR DIRECT LINK to financially motivated wrongdoing or NO FLAG NO TAG....else you may as well say free speech is dead or that we are pushing to echo chambers of DT and their agendas here.

It is UNDENIABLE. I have seen NO credible defense raised ever. Just a lot of DT's crying trolling because they want to keep their fav weapon that allows them to punish people they don't like and ensure they get the best sig spots. Or in EXTREME cases you will find DT members use red trust to silence people who present observable instances of those DT members prior financially motivated wrong doing. The other DT will support this behavior. The entire thing is currently fucked. Hence the board turning into warzone and the trust system just getting diluted into a mess that soon will provide zero use at all in preventing the real scammers standing out.

Personally,  I really had bad experience with negative trust.
In my case there was no clear evidence for financially motivated wrongdoing as you mentioned but simple fact that one business company collapsed because business was unsucesfull.
As we know,  it happens all the time and all co owners lost money,  including me.
We followed legal procedure for the dissolution of the company,  suggested by authorities, and they didn't find anything wrong with our actions.
But one co owner felt differently and gave me negative trust based on his feelings and opinion  that we should refund him money for the unsucesfull business.
Topic in reputation section or personal messages didn't help so it's obvious how easy negative trust can be used against somebody based on the personal feelings not facts or evidence.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2172

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2019, 07:36:00 AM

Negative feedback should leave when there is appropriate evidence of scam or abuse, just not if I am not agree with someone. But unfortunately sometimes we have seen that kind of case leavening negative feedback's with just opinion. Means sometimes DT's made their feedback's too cheap. But I think current system working fine because other DT members countering and distrusting.

So if you found something unfair feel free to open thread on reputation. So other DT members would check, but it doesn't mean I have to ask other DT members before leave feedback always. But if there is too sensitive case then that is different issue and you might create thread for others opinions. Trust system quite decentralized now, and there is good solution if any DT left retailonary feedback.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 12:08:38 PM

Negative feedback should leave when there is appropriate evidence of scam or abuse, just not if I am not agree with someone. But unfortunately sometimes we have seen that kind of case leavening negative feedback's with just opinion. Means sometimes DT's made their feedback's too cheap. But I think current system working fine because other DT members countering and distrusting.

So if you found something unfair feel free to open thread on reputation. So other DT members would check, but it doesn't mean I have to ask other DT members before leave feedback always. But if there is too sensitive case then that is different issue and you might create thread for others opinions. Trust system quite decentralized now, and there is good solution if any DT left retailonary feedback.

This issue is already solved,  I just shared it here as example how some users giving negative trust to easy,  based on the personal opinion and feelings, not evidence or facts.
This user was DT 2  member and his negative trust was visible to everyone in the  forum.
When I applied for merit source in Meta and received very strong support from my local community this user tried to block my application and started fight against me.
After long public discussion most of the users agreed that negative trust is not justified and finally theymos accepted my application for merit source.
I honestly was schocked because at that moment I still had negative trust from DT 2 member and many members told me that I have no chance to become merit source because of negative trust.
This number is not any more DT 2 member but I don't have negative feelings toward him and forgave him.
I even gave him positive trust.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
The-One-Above-All

Activity: 252
Merit: 56

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 01:33:21 PM

That would be great if DT were not infested with double standards colluding scammers. Since it undeniably is then your solution is garbage. You only claim it is decentralized and working well because you are a beneficiary. There is no denying it is only centralized to a tiny tiny group who collude together to impose double standards and a 2 tier system.

Look at this latest issue with mosprognoz  DT lol

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5207250.0

Anyone else acting like this would be having red trust for sure. I mean nobody has yet even excluded this scammer supporting, self diagnosed scam parternship seeking rodent because the trust system operates to FORCE collusion. You are the first one to demonstrate you will act against a DT as a DT you are clearly a threat.

Red trust is given tooooooooooo easily to non DT and DT pals and NOT given to DT scammers and scammer supporters.

The best part is when DT members give red trust if you present undeniable financially motivated wrong doing on their part.
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 10:32:46 PM

- Give neutral feedback
- Talk with other member

Good advise #bump.

█▀▀▀