Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:26:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: not a rule! but it's about your common sense to avoid scam projects  (Read 3633 times)
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 04:12:15 AM

Investing what you can afford to lose is not the solution, we all know that scammers are everywhere in crypto space now, if you invest in ten different projects with the amount you can afford to lose and only one or two is successful its still doesn't make sense, its like throwing away money
I completely agree with this, people always talk about the money that you can afford to lose, but that is completely false no one can afford to lose anything, you are not in this market to lose money we are here to earn money and it is simply not acceptable that the majority of the projects in the market are scams or project without any future, as such some time ago I took a decision that doesn't really satisfy me but it is the only way to protect myself fully from scammers and that is to avoid investing in any new project.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 04:39:19 AM

Scam is such a broad term now in crypto, people are calling projects scam even if they are not (per definition of the word), but doing a proper due diligence would indeed weed out most of the actual malicious scam projects, still a reality is that some of them are so elaborate and well put together that it is hard to notice any red flags on the initial sweep, so even with "common sense", you are still exposed to some risk.
Opinion base from anyone's experiences, scammers also updating their skills as they needed to comply with how the market works to attract more investors and still to runaway with their money. I agree that doing your research and yet use the money that you can afford to lose will keep you moving just in case that scammers catch you up with a decent way of creating scam project. Be furious with how will you spend your money from this kind of market.
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 04:51:59 AM

I agree with you 100% never spend more money than you can afford to lose. No one know what will happen with the project that we invest in. If you not have stable economy in real life dont ever play risky just play safe.
Well its our responsibility to research first before putting our hard earned money to any investment. Lots of scam project are existing nowadays in the world of crypto and we cant get rid of them if there's no regulation that can lessen these kind of projects. Conduct an extensive research and dont invest if you have doubt.

HabiebRiziq

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 11:43:48 AM

I don't think anyone would like to participate in a scam project but because they are not telling they are a scam and sometimes it is very hard to recognize, people are falling for them.
Yes, many people are trapped into sweet sayings by the team behind the project, which in turn can attract investors to invest in the project. To avoid this myself, I think it's better to invest in the top coins than to invest in new projects.
memedennis

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 04:04:15 PM

Well common sense might help , but then scammers can do anything to deceive their victims and get their funds. we cant completely avoid it except we want to avoid crypto investment , but we can minimize it by being  more careful about where we invest our monies. we have to investigate more and do more research before investing . This can help us avoid some forms of scammers.
dewin

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 09:03:39 AM

That's right, never spend more money than you can afford to lose. Think carefully before making such a risky decision or you can make a safe investment.

and use verified sources, exchanges, projects, coins.
felissss500@gmail.com

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 11:03:23 AM

It seems to me that quite often scammers do not imitate or fake a project, but really do it. and then when they see real money in their account, they are simply tempted by them, because why work further if the profit is already in hand. Because many times already come across projects that looked very strong and confident and suddenly blown away in one day.

Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 11:10:50 AM

Well common sense might help , but then scammers can do anything to deceive their victims and get their funds. we cant completely avoid it except we want to avoid crypto investment , but we can minimize it by being  more careful about where we invest our monies. we have to investigate more and do more research before investing . This can help us avoid some forms of scammers.
It is the reason why I never get tired on doing my own research before making decision and action, it's a bit laborious but it is worth it because you know that as the day passes by your funds are in a safe place because you have made the right decision. Many of us have experienced getting scammed and that experience taught us some lesson that will guide us and make us wiser. For them, anything is possible when it comes to money and they will take advantage of you if they get the chance that is why we need to prepare ourselves and make sure before making decisions so we will not end up feeling remorse about it.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 11:31:35 AM

It seems to me that quite often scammers do not imitate or fake a project, but really do it. and then when they see real money in their account, they are simply tempted by them, because why work further if the profit is already in hand. Because many times already come across projects that looked very strong and confident and suddenly blown away in one day.

The problem here is they take advantage of other legit profiles on famous ICO and used it as part of their hidden agenda yes this is quite frustrating like what happened on MiracleTele, I feel like they really made it that they are legit but in the end the project shows a dirty tactics and exit the money that already spent.
drachman

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 03:19:15 AM

Nowadays scammer are so skilled that no matter what kind of security you take they will find a way to bypass it. They bring a colorful project forward and new investors put their money into it due to lack of knowledge. There very little you can do about it.
Scammers are very smart individuals they are evolving and they are improving their techniques so they can deceive even more people with their scams, I really do not like that it has come to this but the only way to avoid scammers is to doubt every single project out there that you see because chances are that those projects are scams even if you do not see a single sign that points towards that conclusion, you must assume that the scammers are so good that it's impossible for you to distinguish a scam from a good project.
Bossfidelity
Copper Member

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 03:57:52 AM

In my journey in this space, I've learnt the golden rule of never investing any amount I can't afford to loose. I've discovered that no matter how legit an investment program seems, it could still go wrong. To be on the safer side and save myself more worries, I take every fund invested as charity with the hope of returns when possible.
jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 06:26:57 AM

All we know that scam projects are already have huge cases here in crypto industry. But if we are analizing about every project we can easily define the real project compare to the scam project. Always remember that you need to know if project's offers are feasible to give their offers. If is too good offer just think and analized it more.
boris singer

Activity: 882
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 06:39:19 AM

All we know that scam projects are already have huge cases here in crypto industry. But if we are analizing about every project we can easily define the real project compare to the scam project. Always remember that you need to know if project's offers are feasible to give their offers. If is too good offer just think and analized it more.

the challenge is that scam projects are not the only ones that make a lot of people suffer losses, projects that suddenly fail ICO and only make a false state afterwards are still involved in the same box. All evaluations mentioned are widely understood by potential investors. The expected solutions are not just how we analyze them, but how they guarantee real accountability.
itos84
Copper Member

Activity: 111
Merit: 6

wunbit.com Crypto Gaming Arcade

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2019, 03:00:30 AM

In my journey in this space, I've learnt the golden rule of never investing any amount I can't afford to loose. I've discovered that no matter how legit an investment program seems, it could still go wrong. To be on the safer side and save myself more worries, I take every fund invested as charity with the hope of returns when possible.

This is the best lesson so far. Do not invest what you cannot afford to lose. Do not invest your college fund from your kids, all your savings, retirement funds, etc.

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
huu78

Activity: 1204
Merit: 253

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 04:19:33 AM

Indeed this year is very bad in the eyes of investors from what we expect in Crypto, the many scammers make investors are no longer interested in the help of developers on new projects, the results of a good project just displaced due to shortage of funds or anything. But this has already happened until Altcoin season did not go back then and now it is willing to change years, yeah my hope for next year scammer disappeared and crypto comeback.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
sayaya17

Activity: 1638
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 05:24:58 AM

Actually not all ICO projects are fraudulent, among the many there may be some true and honest projects. yes I know fraud is not only happening in the ICO project, any investment if you do not use common sense as you say, then the risk will be exposed to scammers. But this is difficult because scammers are everywhere. Especially in the crypto room, scammers are more free to act. So choose and think about a good investment in your opinion.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
drachman

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 02:47:22 AM

Actually not all ICO projects are fraudulent, among the many there may be some true and honest projects. yes I know fraud is not only happening in the ICO project, any investment if you do not use common sense as you say, then the risk will be exposed to scammers. But this is difficult because scammers are everywhere. Especially in the crypto room, scammers are more free to act. So choose and think about a good investment in your opinion.
We all know that not all ico projects are fraudulent but at the same time we know that the majority of them are scams and as such we do not really have a lot of options as investors, since my capital is not unlimited then that means that I cannot really afford to invest in icos because there is a very high chance that I will lose it and I do not want to go through it because I really believe there is a high chance the market of cryptocurrencies will go up during the next years and I want to be part of that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: