Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:26:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL HODL portfolio  (Read 2814 times)
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 05:29:22 AM

I hold only several yet lucrative coins such as bitcoin, ethereum, bnb and some newly listed yet rising coins in my portfolio. I exchange mostly instead of keeping them for a long time. Many altcoins have a great potential to go up massively in the future, but instead I prefer to trade them to make short term gains. At this time, Bitcoin is going to go up suggesting that bull market is almost happening and those who have been keeping their Bitcoin since last year will be given the opportunity to take benefit at any moment.

Which is as it should be people concentrate too much on useless coins just because they want to obtain profits and in a way I get it but at the same time while the profits you can get are great the people that get those profits are a minority.

Just look at Bitcoin SV, right now is the best performing coin and many are investing in it when its price is so high and most likely that coin will go down during the next days and weeks leaving a handful of rich investors and the rest will lose their money.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 08:01:30 AM

Just look at Bitcoin SV, right now is the best performing coin and many are investing in it when its price is so high and most likely that coin will go down during the next days and weeks leaving a handful of rich investors and the rest will lose their money.

Exactly! People see what they want to see. Bitcoin SV founder has made so many promises and lies,,, that keep getting shown and yet people forget and choose to believe what cannot be hoped. Then when the price will crash, they will wonder why it happened and blame the whole world around them!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Questat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 604

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 12:07:04 PM

I hold only several yet lucrative coins such as bitcoin, ethereum, bnb and some newly listed yet rising coins in my portfolio. I exchange mostly instead of keeping them for a long time. Many altcoins have a great potential to go up massively in the future, but instead I prefer to trade them to make short term gains. At this time, Bitcoin is going to go up suggesting that bull market is almost happening and those who have been keeping their Bitcoin since last year will be given the opportunity to take benefit at any moment.

Everyone has a different type, sometimes you are suitable for short-term investments by trading daily or investing long-term by buying some potential Altcoin. I also still hold several coins for my long-term investment, such as BNB, LTC and AE. But Bitcoin is also very suitable for long-term investment.
Because if you will only focus on long term trading, you will have to wait longer especially when the market is suffering.
It's advisable to divide our investment into short term and long term and my strategy is I always take capital when i see an opportunity to sell for a profit, then I will invest the rest for long term investment, who knows that long term could be a short term but the opposite could also happen so just have to be ready.

Pelunize12

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 04:07:12 PM

lets post current portfolio, reason, update when it happens and future plans.

my current portfolio:
40% ONT
60% BTMX

reason for ONT:
ROI if ONG keeps this level: 20% in a year

reason for BTMX
ROI right now is 62% per year for locked coins in mining.

future plans:
1/4 BTMX, 1/4 NEO, 1/4 ONT, and the rest spread in 10 other coins?

well, I'd hope that you sold your BTMX and ONT in April last year. bcz in that time, those coin were in high price
if you hold until now, maybe youll lose chance to sell in high price

I think, Bitcoin is one and only one the best coin to be your HODL portofolio
especailly when you decide to HODL for long time. it is suitable for your investment plan.
what i did is irelevant, did catch BTMX, lost on ont stacking, and zec mining, and futures at binance,...now im fully loaded on btmx again (small on neo, eth, xtz, dash) (staying away from high leveraged brokers like bitmex and binance etc...), waiting that bull run in crypto patiently ...anyway i agree on btc, still think it will be alts first then btc like in 2019 Smiley https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/ZqOvnprz-9666-first-then-dip-then-12-6k/

You should buy altcoin just for short term. dont do for long term, it is too risky
taking short term from price action, breaking SnP, retrace, those are short term strategy. Just choose which is suitable for you
or if you wanna invest long term. then Bitcoin is only one you can choose. Hodl and enjoy!!
mercedes321 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 07:10:49 PM

i belive in alts first, then btc, evrything in btmx, will add more for sure, ROI has drasticly droped, bcs price went up, now its aprox 30% in USDT per year if you stacke it...i chekced also zec mining, is good, but problem is that price of machines goes down in terms of crypto price if zec goes up, so in bull market btmx stacked + load them on margin is better by some 20-40%, and interests from those stacked on margin gives extra more ROI...

https://www.tradingview.com/x/HBdzubYg/
nira09

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 11:11:33 PM

Bitcoin is always the best coins for long term investment because we know how bullish it is going to be when the market is in an upward trend. Yes, there are many other potential coins after Bitcoin which we can hold them in the long term, but we have to choose them in a selective manner.

Yeah right, Bitcoin is the best investment, because the world's concern is Bitcoin, when Bitcoin goes down, altcoin also follows, so does when Bitcoin increases. it's better to invest your money in Bitcoin by more than 50%, the rest is up to you.
novaprime

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 10:03:38 AM

Bitcoin is always the best coins for long term investment because we know how bullish it is going to be when the market is in an upward trend. Yes, there are many other potential coins after Bitcoin which we can hold them in the long term, but we have to choose them in a selective manner.

Yeah right, Bitcoin is the best investment, because the world's concern is Bitcoin, when Bitcoin goes down, altcoin also follows, so does when Bitcoin increases. it's better to invest your money in Bitcoin by more than 50%, the rest is up to you.
It seems that only Bitcoin is the safest coin to hold right now because Bitcoin is still the decisive coin for this entire market. I think in the investment list you can choose the coins in top 50 because these are very good coins for your current profit. In addition, if you have decided on a long term investment, it is best not to see the price and keep that coin in a cold wallet.

By all means you must earn a profit this year because this year the market will have a lot of big changes.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 12:09:11 PM

lets post current portfolio, reason, update when it happens and future plans.

my current portfolio:
40% ONT
60% BTMX

reason for ONT:
ROI if ONG keeps this level: 20% in a year

reason for BTMX
ROI right now is 62% per year for locked coins in mining.

future plans:
1/4 BTMX, 1/4 NEO, 1/4 ONT, and the rest spread in 10 other coins?

well, I'd hope that you sold your BTMX and ONT in April last year. bcz in that time, those coin were in high price
if you hold until now, maybe youll lose chance to sell in high price

I think, Bitcoin is one and only one the best coin to be your HODL portofolio
especailly when you decide to HODL for long time. it is suitable for your investment plan.
what i did is irelevant, did catch BTMX, lost on ont stacking, and zec mining, and futures at binance,...now im fully loaded on btmx again (small on neo, eth, xtz, dash) (staying away from high leveraged brokers like bitmex and binance etc...), waiting that bull run in crypto patiently ...anyway i agree on btc, still think it will be alts first then btc like in 2019 Smiley https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/ZqOvnprz-9666-first-then-dip-then-12-6k/

You should buy altcoin just for short term. dont do for long term, it is too risky
taking short term from price action, breaking SnP, retrace, those are short term strategy. Just choose which is suitable for you
or if you wanna invest long term. then Bitcoin is only one you can choose. Hodl and enjoy!!
True maybe buy altcoins in only for short term because we all know that there is no assurance on it especially to those altcoins that new release. Maybe you can hold ether, xrp and some altcoins that have potentials to hold in a long term. So buy a altcoins that you can hold and you can get a good profits in a long term. Just hold and hold and wait for the time that you can sell it.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 02:42:17 AM

Exactly! People see what they want to see. Bitcoin SV founder has made so many promises and lies,,, that keep getting shown and yet people forget and choose to believe what cannot be hoped. Then when the price will crash, they will wonder why it happened and blame the whole world around them!
It seems that most investors do not really get how the market really works, those that sold at the top got their profits out of those that bought their coins because of FOMO, and while it should be nice to wake up one day and see that you have tripled your money only the minority of investors will experiment something like that.

The rest will experiment losses between 20% to 40% and I really think BSV has a lot of room to keep crashing before we see an end to this.
FireBallex

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 05:56:24 AM

Having just two coins in your portfolio limited your chance for high gains in future, a small portfolio consists of 5 different altcoins and i can't see the most powerful coins on your list, where is bitcoin? Where is Ethereum? Where is binance token?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 05:58:59 AM

My portfolio until now is the AE and DTEP that I got from the bounty last year, I will continue to hold until I reach the target price. That is a token / coin from Bounty, not I bought, if I want to buy Crypto for investment, of course Bitcoin is the best choice.

You should always follow your ethics because there are many potential active development coins in the market, based on your investment capacity you can invest in those. Even there are some coins with me which I got through the bounty, but now their prices are very low.
superving

Activity: 938
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 10:49:27 AM

My portfolio until now is the AE and DTEP that I got from the bounty last year, I will continue to hold until I reach the target price. That is a token / coin from Bounty, not I bought, if I want to buy Crypto for investment, of course Bitcoin is the best choice.
remember that holding is somehow risky, if i were you  i wont wait for my target price to come i will sell it as long it has a price cause i only got those coins for free. 

mercedes321 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 04:36:11 PM

Having just two coins in your portfolio limited your chance for high gains in future, a small portfolio consists of 5 different altcoins and i can't see the most powerful coins on your list, where is bitcoin? Where is Ethereum? Where is binance token?
if I believe in something its usually 1 coin only, BTMX is like holding BNB 2 years ago, look what happened with bnb in 2 years. holding any other token on margin or cash positions doesnt give so much dividens (some strange and non usable coins payes better, its only 1 tha get to top 20 or 30 or 40 i dont know, but its basicly shit coin), i could be in ZEC mining good ROI, but terible volatility, double actually, you got hash and price of ZEC moving, so here is more stable returns. Can you imagine that investment of 10K usd, gives 600 buks per month, if you use it with margin, not bad, tell me how much payes if you hold BNB per day, or any other token if you stacke it? ROI is what matters to me
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 10:49:45 PM

HODL only portfolio should consist BTC and USDT only.. Nothing else should be considered a long term investment in this area. IF you get see top5 falling like 90% in a year then cmon, what kind of holding strategy would make sense under these circumstances. All smaller altcoins are basically a gamble. Is 1 or 2 years long term? I wouldn't say so, yet most of seasonal things is out of hype way quicker. To get good profit on BTC even you had to stick to it for 5 years or so
Bitze
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 02:20:35 PM

HODL only portfolio should consist BTC and USDT only.. Nothing else should be considered a long term investment in this area. IF you get see top5 falling like 90% in a year then cmon, what kind of holding strategy would make sense under these circumstances. All smaller altcoins are basically a gamble. Is 1 or 2 years long term? I wouldn't say so, yet most of seasonal things is out of hype way quicker. To get good profit on BTC even you had to stick to it for 5 years or so

USDT I would exclude here but apart from top3 or top5 I would consider longterm for the current long term.
probably you'll get off badly in direct comparison to the BTC with all other projects.
what does this tell us? better keep the majority of the money classic in BTC and wait.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  

Jump to: