Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:31:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is This Why Bitcoin Suddenly Rebounded Yesterday?  (Read 389 times)
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 12:32:11 PM

Do you mind pasting the Forbes article? I don't think that the mining price is only that - some friend said that it is currently around $9k for chinese miners. However I wouldn't attribute price rises to miners, but to the imbalance between buyers and sellers.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 12:54:16 PM

Coin Shares researchers found the average cost of mining a Bitcoin is approximate $6,300. So, the price jumped to $7,300 yesterday. And it’s profitable for the miners Forbes report said. What do you think?
Like how are you linking the cost of mining with the price if bitcoin? I don't see any relation over here. Just because the average cost of mining is $6,300, the price jumped above $7,300? This makes no sense at all. Its like you are trying to say that the higher the cost of mining will be, the higher the price is going to be. I don't think this is how the market actually works. The mining cost doesn't really affect the price of the coins.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 01:19:24 PM

Price spikes because traders realized its over sold so they quickly buy at a low price thinking they're getting in for cheaper price. Holder who panicked now has to buy at higher price, that's a sanction for trying to join the manipulation of the market.

If in days the price will once again dip, the weak hands will just get out to save their money. I guess they are too impatient to wait for months before price favors them so they are going to get out. Their sell order will be picked by those who wants to invest more that will lead to sudden price spike again.

killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2019, 03:27:49 PM

Coin Shares researchers found the average cost of mining a Bitcoin is approximate $6,300. So, the price jumped to $7,300 yesterday. And it’s profitable for the miners Forbes report said. What do you think?
According to the miners' calculations, the average cost of mining 1 Bitcoin ranges from 4500-5000$ so the price could even drop further than 6400$. The previous day's recovery was for no reason true, but it is likely that Bitcoin has hit a hard support at 6400$ and thus its price has quickly come back up in a matter of hours.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
jsizar

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 03:58:34 PM

Almost after every drop people are trying to find reason of this drop.
The truth is simple. Nobody will now real reason. Crypto market is very chaotic
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 04:04:27 PM

According to the miners' calculations, the average cost of mining 1 Bitcoin ranges from 4500-5000$ so the price could even drop further than 6400$. The previous day's recovery was for no reason true, but it is likely that Bitcoin has hit a hard support at 6400$ and thus its price has quickly come back up in a matter of hours.
I think someone really need an explanation to everything that's going to happen in Bitcoin even if this is just a quick bounce. I think someone is not too familiar with the bounces that usually occurs in Bitcoin when it is almost breaking down the support. The cost of mining has nothing to do with this bounce, it just so happens that there are traders.

Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 04:10:33 PM

when prices go down I'm sure there will be a rebound in prices, because when bitcoin reaches their support people will automatically buy it and create price reflections. and I think the price reflection some time ago provided quite a lot of advantages especially for those who took place at that time
Yeah, it seems that after bitcoin price get crushed and decrease to 6700$, a lot of people tried to buy more bitcoin to support it and make it increase and that's why the price is renounced again to the 7200$ in just few days.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 04:16:01 PM

Maybe you're talking about the average cost of mining because in China it's easily below 6k. I once read an article, maybe a month ago, that said Chinese miners would need the price to go below 5000 USD to start capitulating, while in the US the ultimate level is 6500. Of course this would not have to be a spike. to liquidate a farm you need the price to be at a certain level for at least a couple weeks. It's not like these people can't go to a -5% loss for a few weeks, or even months. The workforce needed to shut down a big farm will cost more than 5% of their monthly profit, so they will be reluctant to push the button.

Don't be naive that mining price will stop a bear market. In 2016 it did not and the price went way below mining profitability for months.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 04:31:55 PM

Do you mind pasting the Forbes article? I don't think that the mining price is only that - some friend said that it is currently around $9k for chinese miners. However I wouldn't attribute price rises to miners, but to the imbalance between buyers and sellers.
I think this is the link of the article.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2019/12/19/is-this-why-bitcoin-suddenly-rebounded-yesterday/amp/

And from what i understand,  bitcoin won't fall in 6,300$ so that some investor buy back again bitcoin because they read this article. 
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 06:13:05 PM

I just gave up worrying about the price and trying to keep up. You never will. You will never know what caused any of this, only speculate after the fact which means you get nothing out and waste your time. If people really knew these things they would be rich. However, I do think you can play on peoples emotions sometimes. Those are normally hit and miss though. Just try to earn as many coins as you can right now before they go up lots and lots in the future.

DreamStage

Activity: 625
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 06:25:13 PM

I it will always be worth for miners as transactions can not be done without them.

You need addresses to keep transactions active on the network. They also define their own price including exchangers that use their services.

It makes no sense at all of you comparing Bitcoin's price volatility with miners costs. It's not linked to each other.

What's linked is the amount of effort miners take to generate a new block.

Nothing to see here
jets567

Activity: 1008
Merit: 511

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 06:37:46 PM

There are lot of factors that can affect the price surge of Bitcoin like some whales trying to acquire more Bitcoin or there are new investors that take the dump as an opportunity so its not just about the mining cost. Remember that the Bitcoin halving is coming so I'm guessing that a lot of things will happen and Bitcoin will become more volatile until the halving.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 09:58:00 PM

Positive news and Demand over Bitcoin was likely why the price increase happens but I don't have any idea why a sudden change with the price now, and it is not unlikely because of the cost of some mining that it may increase that much, another point Bitcoin will still increase this much because it is volatile and it is not new for it to take a leap like this because of the upcoming year-end and it is predicted that the price will surely return back to $7000 USD so it is not surprising to really return in this price mark.
joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 12:08:25 AM

Why do we have the habit of always finding anything to blame (in case of a dump) and to appreciate (in case of a pump) whenever there is a significant movement in the price of Bitcoin? Plain and simple, this is all about the existing supply and demand thing, nothing more nothing less. As to what spurred the demand, that can be a subject of many debates. Anyway, it is still good to see people and the media talking about Bitcoin and the many things happening affecting the whole ecosystem, that can mean that Bitcoin after all these years is still very relevant.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 12:11:40 AM

No, that isn't why.  Bitcoin miners don't need a news report to tell them whether mining is profitable or not.  They're not stupid, you know.

The market rebounded just a little, by the way.  I don't have any clue why it happened, just like I have no idea why bitcoin had crashed to around $6600 before coming back to life.  That just happens in the market, because bitcoin is one of the most volatile things you'll ever see.  Most of the time there's no news whatsoever that would account for any particular movement.

Why do we have the habit of always finding anything to blame (in case of a dump) and to appreciate (in case of a pump) whenever there is a significant movement in the price of Bitcoin?
I wonder the same thing, and I've long since stopped trying to find explanations for every little movement.  Things just happen.  Supply and demand, as you said.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 03:07:17 AM

That is not the reason, the price needed for the miners to be profitable has no effect at all in the price of bitcoin, why should it? Do you think that traders or investors care about the profitability of miners? They only care about their own profitability and the price recovered simply because they saw a big opportunity to buy bitcoin for a cheap price and they took it, that is it, any miner that at some point stops being profitable has two choices to keep mining or to stop but whatever they choose the market most likely will not react to it.
Reatim

Activity: 2814
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 03:27:32 AM

everything that has positive mean can be the reason of Bitcoin Pumping because we are at bearish market as we can see Bitcoin price is trying to stay in $7k level and that brings burden to the investors that who's looking for some profit this December before the end of the year and also before we enter the halving season next year.and let us hope that at least before we say goodbye this 2019 market goes 9k$ .

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Murat

Activity: 2156
Merit: 711

Telegram @tokensfund

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 03:59:51 AM

Is it really? I don't think so, last 2/1 days, I have seen a lot of people are talking about this issue, I think there is no relationship between these two events, Mining cost is not responsible to get high the price of Bitcoin in recent time, I think Hashrate is the most responsive to this price up and down, It's a common scenario that when the price goes up then the hash rate also goes up and similarly when the price goes down then Hash rate also goes down, That is why Mining cost is not the vital factor to this issue, the most important thing is that Bitcoin price is being manipulated by something.

pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 10498

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 04:16:02 AM

Coin Shares researchers found the average cost of mining a Bitcoin is approximate $6,300.
what you have to realize is that it is a "guess" of "average" cost of mining.
there are two things wrong in this number. first is that it is purely a guess because there is no way you can find the cost of mining since there are dozens of different factors involved from cost of electricity to labor cost, maintenance and access to new equipment. so if we assume the cost is 1000 then it is the average of from 100 to 3000 (just an example to show the range).
and that means the number is a pure guess and completely wrong. usually those who come up with these numbers are using bitcoin's current price with the difficulty to quickly come up with a random number!

So, the price jumped to $7,300 yesterday.
there has never been a single case of price being affected by whatever it costs to mine bitcoin and it won't start now either.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
FanEagle
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1113

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 05:38:38 AM

I don't really get this, can you link me to the article? I don't really see how the mining fee has anything to do with Bitcoin price rebound. I have been following up with analysis from top analysts, like Dave that predicted last five months that the price was going to drop to $6000 and his prediction is accurate.

He came back recently and said that there is going to be an increase and that bitcoin will be going for a wild run, though some analysts have said it's not true, but I still believe he's right. He also tried to back his analysis with factors that weekly Gaussian channel indicator is bullish and that crypto bounced off the 0.5 Fibonacci retracement level of $3.2k to $13.8k range, which hints at bottoming price activity.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄