Bitcoin Forum
January 26, 2020, 09:13:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.0.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can't change data directory bitcoin-core 0.19.0.1 ubuntu 19.10  (Read 249 times)
ETFbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 2168

Use SegWit and enjoy lower fees.

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 09:58:20 AM

I can't believe no one ask OP to share his/her debug.log file, it might contain hint to solve the problem.

Sorry for off-topic, but i see your HDD have tons of bad sector, have you checked the health of your HDD? See https://superuser.com/q/171195

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minertalk

Activity: 30
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 08:20:32 PM

I can't believe no one ask OP to share his/her debug.log file, it might contain hint to solve the problem.

Sorry for off-topic, but i see your HDD have tons of bad sector, have you checked the health of your HDD? See https://superuser.com/q/171195

the bad sectors are not the problem  that's 100% sure
I use spinrite , HDD Regenerator , the hdd is  fine now
HCP
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 2171

<insert witty quote here>

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 08:35:31 PM

As ETFbitcoin stated... have you actually checked what is in your debug.log after you try to set the directory and Bitcoin Core shuts down with the error? Huh

ETFbitcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 06:35:31 PM

It might be fine for now because HDD have reserved sector in case bad sector happen, but that also indicator your remaining HDD lifespan is short.

Please check your debug.log file (which located on Bitcoin Core directory), it might contain hint to solve the problem. If you don't understand what you read, share it so we can help.

minertalk

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 09:53:41 PM

guys I install samourai dojo and work fine!

at this point I try it in 3 computers and each time  I get that same stuff,  I can't choose a different directory for the blockchain!
is a bitcoinQT wallet problem that's for sure!!

ETFbitcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2020, 09:09:30 AM

at this point I try it in 3 computers and each time  I get that same stuff,  I can't choose a different directory for the blockchain!

Glad to see the problem resolved (in unexpected way), but i doubt Bitcoin Core is the problem since i don't see other user make report and i can change directory using Bitcoin Core 0.19.0.1

P.S. i see samourai dojo enforce Tor connection, hopefully you can be patient with slower connection

minertalk

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 12:03:11 AM

Glad to see the problem resolved (in unexpected way), but i doubt Bitcoin Core is the problem since i don't see other user make report and i can change directory using Bitcoin Core 0.19.0.1

P.S. i see samourai dojo enforce Tor connection, hopefully you can be patient with slower connection

the problem is  NOT SOLVED  I just abandon it!  I think is a bitcoinQT issue

dojo is via TOR but I get the full block in sync  in one day and half , download/upload speed was ~ 8-15 MB/s , I was thinking that will be slow but was not (and I download the bitcoin blockchain twice cause I fuck it up when I install ubuntu , first time I choose to have it encrypted and that's not a good idea cause I was force to write the password every time I restart )
ETFbitcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2020, 09:47:28 AM

At this point, i only could suggest :
1. Downgrade to Core 0.18.1
2. Compile Bitcoin Core from source code (perhaps the bug was found and fixed, even though i can't find anything on GitHub issue page)
3. Use another Bitcoin full node client such as Bitcoin Knots

minertalk

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 07:55:19 PM

At this point, i only could suggest :
1. Downgrade to Core 0.18.1
2. Compile Bitcoin Core from source code (perhaps the bug was found and fixed, even though i can't find anything on GitHub issue page)
3. Use another Bitcoin full node client such as Bitcoin Knots

thank you for your suggestion but now I run samourai Dojo, is working pretty  nice so far
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.