Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:43:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LNSMS.World  (Read 233 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 12:23:39 PM
Merited by SFR10 (1)

I was looking for some services that accept LN to experiment a little bit until I came across LNSMS. It's a website that allows you to send a SMS anywhere using LN.

I've tried it and it's working smoothly and since I didn't find any discussion about it on the forums, I thought about sharing it here. (Some of you may not like the fact that the IP addresses are logged but you can use a proxy/VPN for that).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
coupable

Activity: 2352
Merit: 757

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 08:19:58 PM

This is great to see more companies using the Lightening Network .
Honestly , i haven't yet tried it , but by large adoption i will surely need it .
I visited the website and try to send a message to myself , the window of paiement shows the address and the amount to send . I was surprised to see that one sms costs 1200 satoshi using LN which is equal to 0,08528$. In LN it is even possible to send a fraction of a single satoshi , so why sms are expensive like this ?  In homepage , there is no mention about the price or the (un)supported countries.
tinyteapot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 06:38:36 AM

https://lnsms.world is a simple interface and easy to operate, the sending rates is quite competitive.

I will like the admin to include FAQ section and implement bulk messages sending.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 3441

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2019, 07:13:24 AM

I was surprised to see that one sms costs 1200 satoshi using LN which is equal to 0,08528$.
Take note that the following things directly affects its prices:

• The country in which you'll be sending to [e.g. for Canadian numbers, it starts at 200 satoshis].
  • Length of the message.

so why sms are expensive like this ?
AFAICR, the cost for such services has always been higher than the normal rates.

In homepage , there is no mention about the price or the (un)supported countries.
It appears they don't have any restrictions.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 05:24:08 PM

I will like the admin to include FAQ section and implement bulk messages sending.

There is an API so you could easily implement that programmatically. If you have suggestions for the developer, you can reach out to him through Twitter or Telegram.

AFAICR, the cost for such services has always been higher than the normal rates.

In homepage , there is no mention about the price or the (un)supported countries.

They're probably using a third-party service for that. I've checked the prices for some countries and compared them with Twilio's, and they look similar.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2019, 07:18:04 PM

It is quite new to me, it seems to be a service that some websites need to verify a user's phone number. I just wanted to try it's effect, but I got an error here and it didn't seem like I could fix it:
Code:
Invalid
Invalid number format – Please check the number (code 10000)

Anyone have any suggestions about this error?  I am unable to use this service, so I do not know how much I need to pay. I hope it's cheap in my country. A good service to recommend to friends but getting an error here  Roll Eyes

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
coupable

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 07:33:35 PM

They're probably using a third-party service for that. I've checked the prices for some countries and compared them with Twilio's, and they look similar.
As the website doesn't support sending messages in bulk and only allows one message for each paiement, i think it's normal to require this expensive price like other services you have checked. However, it's quite simple to use the service in classic way without the need of looking for the one who use LN. 1200 Satoshi is the price of one "mobile sms" multiplied by 6 , and by considering paying a third party i think this complicates the whole process. I think i will look for a service to make deposit to my sim mobile then send wanted message , rather than looking for an sms providing service. In simple terms, if the service has to use/pay third party and require LN for a paiement of 0,085$ just to send one single sms, i would like to know why should i use it and for what need ? Any user doesn't prefer complicated processes just to send a message, imo.
I would like to mention again that small value transactions are easy to be maintained using LN and can garante low prices as it's even possible to split one Satoshi. This should perfectly work with a company that broadcast messages by itself without the need for third parts.
jogco

Activity: 3
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 11:05:10 AM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (3)

It is quite new to me, it seems to be a service that some websites need to verify a user's phone number. I just wanted to try it's effect, but I got an error here and it didn't seem like I could fix it:
Code:
Invalid
Invalid number format – Please check the number (code 10000)

Anyone have any suggestions about this error?  I am unable to use this service, so I do not know how much I need to pay. I hope it's cheap in my country. A good service to recommend to friends but getting an error here  Roll Eyes

Hello! I'm the owner of lnsms. When you put in a number you should either select the country in the list by clicking the flag and then put the number in local format or manually put the whole number in international format, starting with a plus sign and no leading zeroes (ex: +1234567890 for a US number). If the number was indeed correct it means the country is not supported, which is very unlikely, or there is a bug. Would you be willing to PM me the number so I can look into it?
jogco

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 11:28:09 AM

As the website doesn't support sending messages in bulk and only allows one message for each paiement, i think it's normal to require this expensive price like other services you have checked. However, it's quite simple to use the service in classic way without the need of looking for the one who use LN. 1200 Satoshi is the price of one "mobile sms" multiplied by 6 , and by considering paying a third party i think this complicates the whole process. I think i will look for a service to make deposit to my sim mobile then send wanted message , rather than looking for an sms providing service. In simple terms, if the service has to use/pay third party and require LN for a paiement of 0,085$ just to send one single sms, i would like to know why should i use it and for what need ? Any user doesn't prefer complicated processes just to send a message, imo.
I would like to mention again that small value transactions are easy to be maintained using LN and can garante low prices as it's even possible to split one Satoshi. This should perfectly work with a company that broadcast messages by itself without the need for third parts.

Hello! The prices are based on what my provider charges me for delivering the messages. I choose provider based on reliability and not solely on price. That said, since I read this I looked into it a bit closer and it seems my provider has comparably higher prices for east european countries than other providers. Average seems to be around 50% higher, sometimes up to 100%. Do you happen to live there? I might look into it a bit more and there is a possibility I could create a different site that focuses solely on price by using a cheap provider. Please PM.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 04:39:48 PM

Hello! I'm the owner of lnsms. When you put in a number you should either select the country in the list by clicking the flag and then put the number in local format or manually put the whole number in international format, starting with a plus sign and no leading zeroes (ex: +1234567890 for a US number). If the number was indeed correct it means the country is not supported, which is very unlikely, or there is a bug. Would you be willing to PM me the number so I can look into it?
I did all the operations manually, but it still failed. I think in this case, my country was not supported. I just wanted to try to understand this service better, so don't be too bothered if I couldn't use this service. In case you want to support my country, I can PM you for information.  Cheesy

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
jogco

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 01:57:41 AM

I did all the operations manually, but it still failed. I think in this case, my country was not supported. I just wanted to try to understand this service better, so don't be too bothered if I couldn't use this service. In case you want to support my country, I can PM you for information.  Cheesy
Yes please PM me
coupable

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 09:16:25 PM

<cut> it seems my provider has comparably higher prices for east european countries than other providers. Average seems to be around 50% higher, sometimes up to 100%. Do you happen to live there?
I think you had to analysis the prices of your provider before to choose one as you are promising to be a service provider for the majority of countries around the world. Am i the one who see that 1200 satoshi for one message? Is it based on user location ?
Am not from east european countries, am from Africa (Tunisia) and am really wonder why your provider set higher prices for those countries in East europe despite they are not that rich and not considered as well Developed countries.

<cut> I might look into it a bit more and there is a possibility I could create a different site that focuses solely on price by using a cheap provider.
This is a good idea .
coupable

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 01:25:32 PM

Today, i have tried the service again using bluewallet for LN. Sorry to say this but am not satisfied at all for two main reasons:
First, it is not allowed to type the message in my local language [arabic] and only get the warning after writing it, means there is no hint about character's type to be used for typing the message and you will only get the error window once you want to proceed for paiement.
Second, i had to pay 2200 Sat for a message of less than 80 characters, which is extremely high even compared to the standard 1200 Sat discussed above. Knowing that my country [Tunisia] is supported by LNSMS.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 01:15:10 PM

I can confirm that there is a problem sending messages in Arabic as well.

Code:
Invalid message – Message contains unicode characters and those are unsupported for the selected destination (code 1002)

I'm sending the message to arabic speaking countries so not sure what does "unsupported for the selected destination" means here.

I've also tried Russian, Hebrew and some other languages that don't use Latin alphabets, but all of them worked fine.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████