Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:15:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Caribbean Pirates had a Better System of Government  (Read 232 times)
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 11:44:23 AM

pirates and ISIS dont have  governments

governments are a national system.
your trying to assume what hostile acts might work out for some in a army camp or a boat can also work nationally for people not interested in screwing each other over, harming others

sorry. but pirate law would work for prison cellmates but not for populations outside of prison.

but enjoy living a life where you think no one should own property and how stealing is the norm.. so how about you live by your mindset and hand over your private keys to scammers.

oh wait, suddenly not willing to give up your property and dont like the idea of taking your property. well well well

You are plenty mistaken. Everybody is a government to himself. A family is a government. Corporation bylaws are a government. Any organization or business is a government. Even wild nature is a government to itself.

You seem to think that I am against private property. What gave you that idea? By supporting a government that taxes people, you are supporting a government that takes private property from the people.

As usual, you have things backward. Makes for a fun talk, though. Cheesy

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 01:12:17 PM

no

their law was for even petty things the got thrown off the ship(death)
it was not solidarity, it was fear of life

other pirates would persuade each other not to break the rules of the boat because one less hand onboard means more work for the others

the only time they kept prisoners was if the prisoner had value back on shore. why feed and hydrate someone with no value, who is not helping out the crew and is just dead weight

it wasnt about brotherhood or companionship. or morals. it was about survival
in many cases once they are heading back to shore after their thievery they would kill off a few crew to reduce the amount of people vs treasure.
there was also a hierachy with the captain being the tyrant

so dont think a pirate is all peace, loving brotherhood of equality

badecker. if you were onboard and said
"nah captain, i feel like taking a rest day today as i have my own freedoms to control my own body"(your usual rhetoric) the captain will say "fine control your body in the water, goodbye"
and no he wont give you food, lifejacket and a lifeboat. he would just feed you to the sharks

Ughh, I think that's the point.
A system that's based on morals, brotherhood or companionship is a shit system because sooner or later someone's not going to be moral or brotherly.

pirates and ISIS dont have  governments

governments are a national system.
your trying to assume what hostile acts might work out for some in a army camp or a boat can also work nationally for people not interested in screwing each other over, harming others

sorry. but pirate law would work for prison cellmates but not for populations outside of prison.

but enjoy living a life where you think no one should own property and how stealing is the norm.. so how about you live by your mindset and hand over your private keys to scammers.

oh wait, suddenly not willing to give up your property and dont like the idea of taking your property. well well well

I'm pretty sure ISIS had a goverment.

Looking for a signature campaign.
josephsonand

Activity: 273
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 02:03:04 PM

While this wouldn't work for nations the size of the major nations of the world, it might work better than having counties in the several States.

Caribbean Pirates had a Better System of Government

Pirates had to work together to successfully plunder and rob.

The average old-timey Caribbean-type pirate ship during the 17th and 18th centuries consisted of 80 pirates, and some pirate crews reached into the hundreds.

But pirates were not known for being the most orderly people.

How did ruffians who thought nothing of murder work together to relieve massive armed merchant vessels of their goods? And how could one pirate be sure his hard work wouldn't simply be stolen by a rival, or expropriated by the Captain?

Caribbean piracy was effective and profitable, in short, because they formed an effective legal system. Pirate ships were like tiny floating governments.

And while pirates were clearly horrible to outsiders, internally, they actually had a fair and efficient system of governance.

Each ship would put together their own set of rules or articles. These essentially formed the government aboard each ship.

Cool

In my view of an ideal society, the whole world consists of city-states. There are small cities (1000-5000 people), but there are also large cities (10-30 million people) and many other cities of different sizes. Each city has its own culture, its own traditions. But at the same time, all the cities around the world are friends with each other. There are no wars in such a world. All people in the world have one path - the path to good, advise and all the very best that is in this world. This is a society of prosperity, spiritual, creative and technological development. People do not poison the earth with pesticides. Do not destroy the environment. Eat healthy food (without GMOs and other). All plants (metallurgy, various chemistry, etc.) are environmentally friendly and do not harm the environment at all.
In such a society, people strive for good. After all, inner true love for everything in this world is the only thing that really unites us.
Therefore, many other people and I have already begun to try to act according to conscience. I think this is the first step anyone can take today.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4489

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 03:41:21 PM

im definetly sure they are just a rebel army without politicians voted in. without actual courts, without actual laws
remember the final S in ISIS = syria
ISIS is not the syrian government. never has been. its just a rebel group that just has "state" in the title, but doesnt have the government power to actually be a 'state' governer

the try to gain power using violence but that does not mean they get power

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 03:55:14 PM

im definetly sure they are just a rebel army without politicians voted in. without actual courts, without actual laws
ISIS is not the syrian government. never has been. its just a rebel group that just has "state" in the title, but doesnt have the government power to actually be a 'state' governer

But they did have provinces and leaders
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_the_Levant#Territorial_control_and_claims

Looking for a signature campaign.
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 08:46:50 PM

Go watch the 1959 movie, Journey to the Center of the Earth. Six went to the "center" of the earth. Two of them were crooks. When the big crook was caught, they held court. They could do this because it needed to be done, and there was nobody else around to do it. They could do it because that's the way British law works, and USA law, as well.

Court is made up of whichever people are forced to take part of it. Certainly pirates could have a court on their ship.

Further. If all the various governments of the world say that you, franky1, must die, but you are so strong that you, personally, conquer all the militaries of the whole world, who really is the government? After you protect yourself from death by conquering all the armies of the world, are you going to turn yourself over to their courts because you think that suddenly they will be nice to you?

Think a little deeper.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: