Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:33:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: India's Crypto Scene has a lot going on right now - Tezos  (Read 225 times)
jossiel

Activity: 3024
Merit: 632

View Profile
December 24, 2019, 09:14:31 PM

~snip~

The situation is that we're waiting for the Govt and the Supreme court to rule on this one way or another, but making progress where we can e.g. We're moving forward with P2P exchange plans, but will likely not try to issue a Stablecoin. Just some type of 'common sense' approach to what might get us in trouble I suppose?

The one thing that's super clear is that Banks will not provide services to Crypto exchanges as they have been prohibited from doing so by the Central bank.

The rumored ban was true in the sense that there was in fact a draft bill floating around, but it's just a draft, never got debated and is quite far away from ever becoming a law that I wouldnt worry about it. It will likely get defeated far before it gets there.
We've got plenty of stable coins and I hope that your government wouldn't release yours but, I didn't know that there's a kind of idea that's building up on your country of having one.

Thanks for clearing it, so it's still a draft and not yet a law unless it becomes a law then all of you should be worried about it. I get it now that the banks don't want to entertain exchanges to directly withdraw or deposit or anything that's connected to an exchange serice
CryptoHayek
Copper Member

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 01:41:36 PM

India have never give allowing for crypto become legal transaction payment and become investment assets, their country looks not happy with bitcoin and altcoin as investment, many exchange market have been banned there where Indian people couldn't withdraw their bitcoin to bank account, very sadness if we got country not allowed bitcoin for payment transaction and investment assets.

Sorry man, you seem like a nice guy. But repeat after me: Crypto is not banned in India, Crypto is not banned in India :-)

There were no issues with people withdrawing Bitcoin.

There ARE issues with it being allowed for payment transactions and for Crypto Exchanges to get banking services.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 01:48:26 PM

Of course, India has a lot of resource specially in Information Technology and there are a lot of good programmers there. But the problem is that the government is trying to be aggressive against crypto.

So I wouldn't be surprised that they will enforce a full blanket ban (I hope not), but looking at how the central bank of India stance, maybe just maybe they will hinder the development of crypto in the country.

Hi,
     YieldWallet founder here. we're hoping it does not come to that (blanket ban), but we're prepared to deal with that eventuality by moving jurisdictions, pushing the technology envelope with DEXes, permissionless tech (Staking, Atomic swaps and so on).

--
Gautam

Hi Gautam,

The article posted in the thread, has nothing to do with India specifically. Can you please let us know what do you mean by delegation?

India's crypto scene has definitely evolved to a much advanced state, but the government is pushing us backward. The blanket ban issued by RBI is still in force! So what exactly you are proposing?

If crypto is eventually banned by supreme court, how do you propose to use the banking channel?

CryptoHayek
Copper Member

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 02:02:51 PM

Of course, India has a lot of resource specially in Information Technology and there are a lot of good programmers there. But the problem is that the government is trying to be aggressive against crypto.

So I wouldn't be surprised that they will enforce a full blanket ban (I hope not), but looking at how the central bank of India stance, maybe just maybe they will hinder the development of crypto in the country.

Hi,
     YieldWallet founder here. we're hoping it does not come to that (blanket ban), but we're prepared to deal with that eventuality by moving jurisdictions, pushing the technology envelope with DEXes, permissionless tech (Staking, Atomic swaps and so on).

--
Gautam

Hi Gautam,

The article posted in the thread, has nothing to do with India specifically. Can you please let us know what do you mean by delegation?

India's crypto scene has definitely evolved to a much advanced state, but the government is pushing us backward. The blanket ban issued by RBI is still in force! So what exactly you are proposing?

If crypto is eventually banned by supreme court, how do you propose to use the banking channel?

Hi Avikz,
            We are Indian and based in India and are trying to get out the fact that there are certain types of Crypto startups that can be built while all this uncertainty looms around us.

The government is not pushing us backward. They are doing nothing for now. In a sense yes that will cause us to move backward a bit, I guess as we wait for direction from them.

I split the Crypto space into 2 categories: Fiat->Crypto on ramps, Crypto->Crypto which includes trading, decentralized finance, staking, mining and so on.

The Banking ban issued by RBI is in force which affects only the first category, albeit a very important one. There are ways around this (p2p, otc etc..)

The 2nd category is LARGE and not affected thus far by any of the RBI's diktats. So I propose people do whatever they can with the first category to move from Fiat to Crypto and then focusing on the 2nd category completely, which does not depend on what the RBI says or does.

If crypto is banned by supreme court, a HUGE if and unlikely in my opinion, then I suggest we revisit all of that at that point, but it's not time for that yet and I hope it never will be. You can use banking channel via p2p and otc as your starting point into crypto.

Delegation in the context of Tezos is just the process of pointing your Tezos wallet (kukai, galleon, tezbox and others) to a Baking service like ours (check out yieldwallet.io/tezos for all details), You keep complete control of your Tezos and earn an income (right now 6+% per year). This staking revolution as I call it is moving along full speed and is outside the RBIs purview as a good example of what we can do while we wait for Indian govt direction.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 02:50:22 PM

Being a resident of India, I have to say that India holds a lot of promise for the cryptocurrency sector. A population of 1.4 billion, and the vast local IT/ITES industry should have made India the cryptocurrency capital of the world. But the retarded politicians have made sure that such a scenario never happens. Anyone who deals in cryptocurrency is treated like a petty criminal in India. You can check what happened to Harish BV of Unocoin Technologies, after he tried to install one Bitcoin ATM in India.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: