Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:39:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEVER EVER deal Bitcoins with PAYPAL (F&F too!)  (Read 1075 times)
Asmonist

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 08:43:14 AM

I haven't done it yet with paypal. I think paypal and bitcoin should have agreement regarding payments in order to avoid this kind of mistakes. The friend that you've trusted must also know what happen. You must also confront your friend regarding it to help solve the issue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Questat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 604

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 08:48:38 AM

Sorry for your loss mate, you should have transacted to someone who are trusted here in the forum.

In this board, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0.. you can see some people who are have trust from DT or even DT are trading their bitcoin to paypal and vice versa and there was a warning from Theymos regarding paypal reversal transaction.

jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 08:53:17 AM

I sold my Bitcoins through Paypal Friends and Family payment thinking it would be "safe".
I was TOTALLY wrong.
The scammer issued a chargeback claiming it as "unauthorized purchase".
I sent all the chat logs and the screenshot of the Paypal payment from the buyer and the receipt from Paxful including PGP signature, but I doubt if I will ever win.
Feels so sad that this BS has happened in the end of the year.
I'm stuck between either paying the chargeback or closing my bank account and debit card, never using Paypal again.
That’s why it’s good to check people’s ratings before making a deal with them or you will end up falling for scammers. And PayPal, I don’t recommend that, people can do business with you and then report you as a scam to PayPal just like this guy did to you. Ever since I started making use of Bitcoin I usually do bank transfers.

Once I send the money I request that they make payment to my bank account, though I have been trading with someone who is a close friend. Most times these scammers can easily be identified, but some of us don’t even pay attention to those details.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 09:10:52 AM

Should've gone here first before you made the transaction.
There are a lot of users that uses the method but they are all trusted ones.
As long as you have the money, there are different ways to buy bitcoin.

This should be a lesson learned not just for him but for all of us in the crypto industry.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 12:34:28 PM

This should be a lesson learned not just for him but for all of us in the crypto industry.

It will be a lesson to to be learn for all of us especially to him, yes you are right he should ask here for other persons to guide him or he should ask his crypto friends if they think that it is safe to transact with those kind of persons. So far, thanks for sharing here as many becomes aware with this kind of modus.

Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 649

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 01:14:49 PM

It will be a lesson to to be learn for all of us especially to him, yes you are right he should ask here for other persons to guide him or he should ask his crypto friends if they think that it is safe to transact with those kind of persons. So far, thanks for sharing here as many becomes aware with this kind of modus.
Thing here is that there are people who are really shy nor lazy enough to make out verifications or do ask question regarding into their planned transaction which do result into loss of money yet they do
able to commit mistake on dealing with the wrong person.

It doesnt really require too much time on asking out someone or the community yet this will save up your a** on losing your precious bitcoins and yes there were lots of
methods on buying though and always put up on mind on should dealing with legit people and highly trusted.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Bitcoin_bullish

Activity: 211
Merit: 55

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 10:24:48 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2019, 10:47:12 PM by Bitcoin_bullish

Since paypal treats Bitcoin as virtual good you won't get the chargeback he requested cancelled. Meaning you won't get your money back.
This scam is going on since paypal was launched and you should understand that this service is basically useless.
I don't even understand why people keep trusting it. I don't even trust my bank and I would trust paypal instead?
Anyway the response you will probably get is that they don't accept disputes over chargeback for the sale of virtual goods.
Unless something changed since the last time I used them, five years ago.
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 02:43:28 AM

How long can they charge back for?  I recall it was a set amount.  Also do you know the person's real name who bought btc from you for paypal?  So that paypal is 100% theirs?  Or could it be their paypal was hacked?
Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 05:16:45 AM

I sold my Bitcoins through Paypal Friends and Family payment thinking it would be "safe".
I was TOTALLY wrong.
I sent all the chat logs and the screenshot of the Paypal payment from the buyer and the receipt from Paxful including PGP signature, but I doubt if I will ever win.
I'm stuck between either paying the chargeback or closing my bank account and debit card, never using Paypal again.
It is sorry to hear that. I can't sleep that buddy for a few days.
I'd used PayPal to convert my Bitcoins and it runs smoothly. Maybe at your part, you'll be having a deal to someone you'd never know and totally a scammer. But that is the only and the last time I'd used PayPal, and I'd never used it again. But hearing this one, I found it more careful for the next deal with.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 05:24:37 AM

I was TOTALLY wrong.

Make sure you are using a midman or an escrow if you want to trade bitcoin or other cryptocurrency without using exchanges, the fee of an escrow is not much, fewer than exchanges fee and withdrawal fee. So, it's dangerous if you trade bitcoin or any other currency without an exchange.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 05:59:18 AM

This is the reason why before making any transactions and I mean "anything" as long as it is online, verify the background of who you are dealing with. What happened to you is not only for Paypal, it goes with everything with online. You trusted that person because you think Paypal is safe, you should have searched if its reversible. Anything is possible nowadays with social engineering. Who knows if that person who screwed you is also here in this thread giving you an advise.
KawBet
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 06:03:52 AM

This has been an issue since bitcoin/ cryptocurrency started.
Amel
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 11:57:31 AM

This is the reason why before making any transactions and I mean "anything" as long as it is online, verify the background of who you are dealing with. What happened to you is not only for Paypal, it goes with everything with online. You trusted that person because you think Paypal is safe, you should have searched if its reversible. Anything is possible nowadays with social engineering. Who knows if that person who screwed you is also here in this thread giving you an advise.

But do not rule out the possibility even though we verify who is dealing with us, it will be safe because scammers will always find a gap to scam, sometimes they are smarter. The right solution is to always use a service that is able to make our transactions safe and smooth, essentially a win-win solution. For example escrow, if it's paypal then don't use Paypal Friends and Familiy, or use another system that doesn't harm both of them in the future.
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 02:05:42 PM

This has been an issue since bitcoin/ cryptocurrency started.
Chargebacks are not possible in crypto currencies so what is the issue here is using centralized services which restricted the crypto transaction and trusting the person with no real experience in this field.

Never deal with persons who never know in cryptos or even in fiat,chances of scam and getting traced that scammer is highly not possible.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 02:41:28 PM

A good reminder for anyone who is dealing the same thing. Yes, with Paypal.
They won't be liable with those losses and they wont care even if you put a ticket a million times over.

Now, this had been already a thing before and that is why they don't prefer this kind of method anymore.
I mean, what are exchange for nowadays? Ain't it the same and you are dealing with the exchange and not directly with a human being.
Assface16678

Activity: 1372
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 02:44:34 PM

A good reminder for anyone who is dealing the same thing. Yes, with Paypal.
They won't be liable with those losses and they wont care even if you put a ticket a million times over.

Now, this had been already a thing before and that is why they don't prefer this kind of method anymore.
I mean, what are exchange for nowadays? Ain't it the same and you are dealing with the exchange and not directly with a human being.

One of the excellent payment transaction today is the PayPal this application is a wallet that converted those transferred money depends on the country you are. Many people use this because it's connect connected to bank accounts; that's why many use this to buy things online. To make a transaction with the use of this medium, it depends on both party who is the one who sends the payment first, after sending the verification of the other party for having proof of payment then the other party will do their part too. By this kind of way of the transaction and the use of technology, it is easy now to manipulate the things we see through online, and there are a lot of scammers now doing this kind of activity. To make sure the transaction, it is better to have a meet up with a witness to avoid scam or get a middle man that handles the trade to make it sure.

tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 02:54:24 PM

I was TOTALLY wrong.
I got my Paypal account limited after selling Bitcoin because the buyer requested a dispute. I tried to send all proofs but the buyer won and i lost my money.
d3nz

Activity: 1274
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 03:09:26 PM

I was TOTALLY wrong.
I got my Paypal account limited after selling Bitcoin because the buyer requested a dispute. I tried to send all proofs but the buyer won and i lost my money.
This really a scam to me and Paypal does have this kind of rule if they make a dispute and provide the details if they like have unauthorize transaction that doesn't make any sense if the receiver will lost their money since you've transact a crypto.

And you've your lesson and avoid this transaction in the future because sending a crypto information and providing details is not enough to be valid.
Mia44

Activity: 412
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 03:52:41 PM

I never use paypal to buy or sell cryptocurrencies, the dispute feature is a loophole that crooks can take advantage of. Using OTC on exchanges is much more convenient and secure.

justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 02, 2020, 02:50:06 PM

Paypal is a unethical organization that looks like a legit business. It is simple as that, no company in the whole world could get away with you not getting paid while actually using their payment processor. Think about bitcoin that way and how horrible that sounds, you give someone fiat on paypal, they give you bitcoins, then they make a chargeback and both end up with your fiat and their bitcoins back and on top of that you are charged with a fee for it. You would hate bitcoin if that was the case right?

Well, paypal is doing exactly that and they are not getting any punishment for it. Paypal WAS a good payment processor back in the day, not anymore. People realized how damaged their system is and moving away from it, it is the system of 2000-2013ish years, and have been going down every single year since those days.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: