Bitcoin Forum
April 03, 2020, 08:59:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who are Bitcoin's Unsung Heroes?  (Read 354 times)
cynical

Activity: 448
Merit: 128

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 10:15:49 AM

I wonder if these unsung heroes in bitcoin's era are also given their proper reward for their contribution to the development of bitcoin. Way back before, I highly think that satoshi alone created bitcoin, thinking that blockchain already exists but no, Satoshi together with these people helped the whole world to have a currency that solves most of the problem and inconveniency that fiat currency is providing people for a long time. I believe, they still continue working in relation to how to better increase the efficiency of bitcoin and I hope soon, I could also contribute to its growth.

of course there were other developers who created a platform for Satoshi to create Bitcoin, Hal Finney and Nick Szabo, obviously they contributed to Bitcoin as well as being involved in developing a digital currency on the lead up to Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Best ratesfor crypto
EXCHANGE
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
podpaymentcoin
Copper Member

Activity: 256
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2020, 10:23:26 PM

Agreed. While not code, would add bitboy. The logo was a fundamental marketing masterpiece for Bitcoin adoption.

█████████   PAYMENT COIN [POD]          ████████████████████████████     Welcome to our crypto ecosystem   ██████████
█████████   虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず  ██████████████████████████████     Namaste  Дoбpo пoжaлoвaть!   ███████████
█████████   www.PODBITCOIN.com   ████████████████████████████████  ようこそ   歡迎光臨   أهلاً و سهل  ████████████
Artemis3

Activity: 602
Merit: 838

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 10:53:23 PM

Agreed. While not code, would add bitboy. The logo was a fundamental marketing masterpiece for Bitcoin adoption.

This logo went into unicode in 2017, quite the achievement! I don't think any altcoin managed to push theirs there.

Speaking of which, if you still cannot see it, you have to update your unicode fonts (Try Google's NOTO): ₿

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
dimastegar

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

The Power of SegWit is Limitless

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 11:37:54 PM

im breaking the rules.im just mentioning one name. and not explaining why. because the name itself should make it obvious of their involvement

hal finney
Hal Finney was one of the first ever people to show genuine interest in Satoshi Nakamoto’s peer-to-peer cash proposal, noting that “When Satoshi announced Bitcoin on the cryptography mailing list, he got a skeptical reception at best. Cryptographers have seen too many grand schemes by clueless noobs. I was more positive.” He was also probably the first person other than Satoshi to run bitcoin. Real-life distance runner Hal tweeted famously all the way back in January 2009: “Running bitcoin
Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/the-many-facts-pointing-to-hal-finney-being-satoshi/

I have heard his name several times, but I just understood that he is very meritorious in the world of Bitcoin. He was truly the first unsung hero to believe in Satoshi's technology. What is clear is that this man is extraordinary in the eyes of many crypto people.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
PLATINUM STABLECOINS
USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ

───────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK         TWITTER         TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carlzec

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

"BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace"

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 09:46:54 AM

Being an early investor is an opportunity. Those living in this situation may have become very rich now. But there is more. Bitcoin price was evaluated 1000 times. When it increases 10 times, it wants a great foresight not to sell.

aoluain

Activity: 910
Merit: 400

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 08:02:40 PM

im breaking the rules.im just mentioning one name. and not explaining why. because the name itself should make it obvious of their involvement

hal finney
Hal Finney was one of the first ever people to show genuine interest in Satoshi Nakamoto’s peer-to-peer cash proposal, noting that “When Satoshi announced Bitcoin on the cryptography mailing list, he got a skeptical reception at best. Cryptographers have seen too many grand schemes by clueless noobs. I was more positive.” He was also probably the first person other than Satoshi to run bitcoin. Real-life distance runner Hal tweeted famously all the way back in January 2009: “Running bitcoin
Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/the-many-facts-pointing-to-hal-finney-being-satoshi/

I have heard his name several times, but I just understood that he is very meritorious in the world of Bitcoin. He was truly the first unsung hero to believe in Satoshi's technology. What is clear is that this man is extraordinary in the eyes of many crypto people.

and notably the first person to receive Bitcoins from Satoshi!
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1897

https://fittotalk.com/english-talk/

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2020, 09:03:12 PM

Napoleon - he invented central bank to finance the Napoleonic wars. Without central banks, there wouldn't be fiat currencies, and without fiat currencies, there wouldn't be Bitcoin.

The Fit to Talk English project is peaking at over 1,000 views in a four hour period - are you one of those guests.
If English is not your first language, then we can help you with your posting on Bitcoin Talk.
- PM me to join if you aren't a member. If you are a member, then we would love you to help other members.
Xxmodded

Activity: 1022
Merit: 266

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 12:45:46 PM

Being an early investor is an opportunity. Those living in this situation may have become very rich now. But there is more. Bitcoin price was evaluated 1000 times. When it increases 10 times, it wants a great foresight not to sell.
Many time after investing with bitcoin price increase down more than 10% from bitcoin price usually, never use your world for new investor with bitcoin and altcoin could increase their investing faster because we not prediction when bitcoin have higher and cheap price, but just said the real situation with bitcoin price where been in higher and lower price.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Aricoin

Activity: 130
Merit: 22

aricoin.org

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2020, 06:34:57 AM

We are finding some great people reading these messages. Thanks to everyone for their contributions thus far!

I am glad someone has taken the time to acknowledge some folks who really help in the growth and development of bitcoin. For instance there was this guy who discovered the first bitcoin hack which led to they having a another chain. If not for this guy i believe this huge dream of Satoshi Nakamoto might have never been a reality.

Exactly! Who specifically are you referring too?

(₳)  Aricoin - "The first easy-to-use cryptocurrency "  | Twitter - Discord - 25 Test Coins - Bitcointalk
bounceback

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 08:25:44 AM

+1 with Hal Finney.

https://twitter.com/halfin/status/1110302988

The very first tweet about Bitcoin.

I also chose finney because he was one of the first people to show genuine interest in Satoshi Nakamoto's cash proposal, and Finney is also very likely to be the first person besides Satoshi to run bitcoin if we look at the contents of his Twitter tweets.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Warkop

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 10:11:12 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2020, 11:42:18 AM by Warkop

I wonder if these unsung heroes in bitcoin's era are also given their proper reward for their contribution to the development of bitcoin. Way back before, I highly think that satoshi alone created bitcoin, thinking that blockchain already exists but no, Satoshi together with these people helped the whole world to have a currency that solves most of the problem and inconveniency that fiat currency is providing people for a long time. I believe, they still continue working in relation to how to better increase the efficiency of bitcoin and I hope soon, I could also contribute to its growth.

of course there were other developers who created a platform for Satoshi to create Bitcoin, Hal Finney and Nick Szabo, obviously they contributed to Bitcoin as well as being involved in developing a digital currency on the lead up to Bitcoin.
I think maybe Satoshi Nakamoto is not the name of one person, but that is the nickname of their group consisting of only a few people, such as Finney and Nick Szobo, and they might deliberately hide this so that not everyone knows about their identity to make digital currencies namely Bitcoin.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2513

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 04:40:19 PM

Napoleon - he invented central bank to finance the Napoleonic wars.
That's highly oversimplified, to the extent where it gets misleading.
Fiat money, like many innovative concepts, has no single, definitive inventor and/or starting point.
There's a continuum of innovation from IOUs over paper money to modern fiat.
Wikipedia lists ca. 10th to 11th century china's paper money as a starting point, but even that's a little arbitrary, of course.

So, with all due respect, Napoleon deserves no merit as an unsung hero of Bitcoin Wink

All free men, wherever they may live, can use Bitcoin, and, therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the words "Ich bin ein Bitcoiner!"
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.