Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:21:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Death of ICOs  (Read 1773 times)
#Darren

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 12:52:05 PM

I have a feeling, that if such a rapid green raise will continue , ICOs, as well as all other forgotten altcoins will raise from ashes. It is only the matter of time, until people would want to invest in projects that would be able to deliver big profit.

████████████████
   ████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████   ███████████████████
█████████████████        ███████████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████            ████████████
█████████████████             ███████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████            ███████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████      ███████████████
█████████████████ ████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
     █████████████████
          ████
DIA | OPEN ACCESS FINANCIAL DATA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 01:02:31 PM

It is been a long time since the death of the ICOs and there is also a lot of investors that gave up from investing into cryptocurrency because of the scam ICOs back then. The new life of coin offering is called IEO and it is the new trend and people are also jumping into that game. The lesson here is, the system that you are sticking with can lose its value and die and you should not give up and you should learn to be patient to try and try different opportunities until you reach your definition of success.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Maslate

Activity: 2954
Merit: 672

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 02:01:53 PM

I have a feeling, that if such a rapid green raise will continue , ICOs, as well as all other forgotten altcoins will raise from ashes. It is only the matter of time, until people would want to invest in projects that would be able to deliver big profit.
Yes. I also believe that if altcoins will regain their high value, ICOs will be worth participating again. Investors have only stopped investing in ICOs because they get only scammed in the end and lose their money. But if majority of altcoins will be given chances and start making good profits again, then ICOs will surely be worth investing.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 02:32:32 PM

Yes. I also believe that if altcoins will regain their high value, ICOs will be worth participating again. Investors have only stopped investing in ICOs because they get only scammed in the end and lose their money. But if majority of altcoins will be given chances and start making good profits again, then ICOs will surely be worth investing.

I don't think that ICO's will be alive again, but I do believe that the trust of people will again gain from the current market condition and from the fact that it's constantly doing great.  I think that ICO really died since last year and it will be hard to make it alive again, as there's already IEO that will fulfill what it missed.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 02:39:23 PM

I don't think that ICO's will be alive again, but I do believe that the trust of people will again gain from the current market condition and from the fact that it's constantly doing great.  I think that ICO really died since last year and it will be hard to make it alive again, as there's already IEO that will fulfill what it missed.

no  . ieo  cant fulfil what ico have  , but for me ico are still full pack and better than ieo  . ieo for me is like a shortcut but ico start from every/verry small details to planning and then to marketing and so on  .   i still believe that ico can bring back to life once the market recovers because this will give others a chance to look for ico's again as much as they try again investing on cryptos  and also ieo's recently were also suffering and thier performance declined  not just ico , remember that .
Taskford

Activity: 2492
Merit: 779

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 02:42:08 PM

I don't think that ICO's will be alive again, but I do believe that the trust of people will again gain from the current market condition and from the fact that it's constantly doing great.  I think that ICO really died since last year and it will be hard to make it alive again, as there's already IEO that will fulfill what it missed.

Will agree with that since many people are get enough on investing with ICO's but provably there are other will rise up maybe IEO or STO will dominate the market after ICO will be totally faded. But I will never invest on any of those again since for me I settled already on my tradings and maybe will focus on this for long period of time.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 02:43:25 PM

I think 2017 killed the Ico hype because of many people entering the crypto world and with that a lot of scams trying to profit of those people with Ico's.
It used to be the way to launch a project and it worked really good till many scammers came, I was lucky to find some good Ico's back in the day Like Lisk and Waves but that time is over.

Now a days you have the IEO's but im a bit sceptical about them does anyone have some examples of IEO's that worked out well?
I think the Exhanges have a great responsibility to really protect their customers maybe that is a good thing.
But I can also see some negative consequences, lets say Binance lets his customers invest in a Scam, that would be really bad for Binance and for their customers.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 02:47:20 PM

I think 2017 killed the Ico hype because of many people entering the crypto world and with that a lot of scams trying to profit of those people with Ico's.
It used to be the way to launch a project and it worked really good till many scammers came, I was lucky to find some good Ico's back in the day Like Lisk and Waves but that time is over.

Now a days you have the IEO's but im a bit sceptical about them does anyone have some examples of IEO's that worked out well?
I think the Exhanges have a great responsibility to really protect their customers maybe that is a good thing.
But I can also see some negative consequences, lets say Binance lets his customers invest in a Scam, that would be really bad for Binance and for their customers.
The comparison of IEO and ICO will lead to choosing the IEO, there was no such luxury by the investors. The investors have the first priorities as the security and their eligibility criteria are not the same. The smart investors prefer to spend money and time with the reliable projects in IEOs. Binance IEOs can't be a scam, maybe there are other cases that we have not heard about it, in my opinion.
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 02:59:19 PM

ICO terminations in 2019 were unimaginably inadequate contrasted with 2018 August and October both had none, while January 2018 had 160 projects. All things considered, 2019 projects raised additionally funding on average $6.8 million contrasted with 2018 $132,000, still ICOs are losing popularity because of

1. Concerns with funded projects
2. Regulatory hurdles with selling the tokens
3. Crypto bear market

It is worth noting one important factor affecting the ICO and other tools for raising funds for crypto projects. All this is determined by the needs of the market itself. The fact is that the technology of blockchain and cryptocurrencies must be developed, and for this, different types of crypto projects are needed. What tools will be used for this is not particularly important, it is important that this process does not stop and gain momentum. How exactly the funds will be raised is not important whether it is ICO, IEO and others, the main thing is that this process continues. If you see stagnation in this direction, this is a signal that there will be big changes in the crypto sphere.
calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 03:05:26 PM

The comparison of IEO and ICO will lead to choosing the IEO, there was no such luxury by the investors. The investors have the first priorities as the security and their eligibility criteria are not the same. The smart investors prefer to spend money and time with the reliable projects in IEOs. Binance IEOs can't be a scam, maybe there are other cases that we have not heard about it, in my opinion.
of course, investors will be more comfortable using IEO and will recommend projects to use IEO rather than ICO. especially a good project to be listed on a good exchange as well as to sell IEO. Investors will prefer it from ICO, which may not be the attention of investors now.
b1boy

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 03:48:19 PM

I fundamentally think mostvInvestors don't profit by their ventures, so don't be astounded if icos pass on gradually. how is it that ico will keep on living if its quintessence never gets anything similar, that is the genuine issue as I would like to think and with the way IEO is going too these day we are sure most of the IEO are scams too
Taskford

Activity: 2492
Merit: 779

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 01:30:52 AM

of course, investors will be more comfortable using IEO and will recommend projects to use IEO rather than ICO. especially a good project to be listed on a good exchange as well as to sell IEO. Investors will prefer it from ICO, which may not be the attention of investors now.

Yes, because it has a high chance to be listed on exchange that's why this one gather more game but I am more selective and only participating on top tier exchange since it's so risky to join on low level exchange since we don't know if they will became successful or not. And also many investors got traumatize by the scamming effect of ICO's that's why I think the ICO will fade soon.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 03:25:26 AM

Yes, because it has a high chance to be listed on exchange that's why this one gather more game but I am more selective and only participating on top tier exchange since it's so risky to join on low level exchange since we don't know if they will became successful or not. And also many investors got traumatize by the scamming effect of ICO's that's why I think the ICO will fade soon.
by participating in top-level exchanges, we at least reduce our risk for fraudulent projects. indeed in the current situation we must be selective to choose projects, so many fraud projects so projects with listings on large exchanges mean they are serious about developing it, related to the cost that is not small

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 02:53:39 PM

maybe this year ico will rise again, of course, with new strategies such as payment using existing coins such as ETH, XRP, BTC, and others.
I see several projects that want to raise funds and promote their projects to pay using ETH and BTC to their campaign participants.
I hope this will become a trend this year where all ico make payments like that.
even they operate again this year i dont think they can easily  attract investors to invest on thier project because they have already a bad reputation in world of crypto.
That's what will really happen. Investors already have trust issues, so I don't think that ICO's will rise again. Even if something new came out and will make ICO trend again, investors will stay limited as they will try to avoid this thing again.
There is no real ICO project, so it is not profitable. All of their value growth depends on rumors of a "potential" project, hype and leaders promoting the project as an MLM model. And because of these dark sides that caused the SEC to take intense action throughout 2019, the apparent result is that many projects have to appear in court.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 03:57:35 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2020, 04:08:28 PM by cryp24x

These things can be true but there are so many things why investors are afraid to invest to the ICO projects. They have experienced so many fraudulent ICO projects and projects that are really used to scam people. Investors lost their faith and trust to ICO. I don't know if ICO will rise up again but If we will joined together. I think that trust will come back, I am not sure if it is from an ICO or another form of launching a token or a coin.
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1652

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2020, 12:52:56 PM

These things can be true but there are so many things why investors are afraid to invest to the ICO projects. They have experienced so many fraudulent ICO projects and projects that are really used to scam people. Investors lost their faith and trust to ICO. I don't know if ICO will rise up again but If we will joined together. I think that trust will come back, I am not sure if it is from an ICO or another form of launching a token or a coin.
In order for the ICO to regain investor confidence, we need a regulator that will prevent fraud. Investors ' money should be protected and fraud punished. Then the investor can safely invest in the ICO, knowing that if the team stops working, then his money will be returned.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 18, 2020, 08:48:09 PM

It seems to me that the IEO form is more acceptable for investors compared to the ICO.In 2020, I am sure that only IEO will be successful among investors.

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 19, 2020, 03:17:33 AM

If the price begins to skyrocket again then we may see the recovery of many altcoins but I doubt we are going to see the recovery of icos, investors are not dumb they have been burned many times by icos just to trust them again with their money when they have done nothing to deserve to get that trust back, obviously some investors in their desire to make profits will try their luck but after the bad results they will get the rest of the investors will look at that and will once and for all forget about icos forever.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1031

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2020, 03:47:19 AM

~
The three things that you shared are correct but aside from them, there are more popular reasons why ICO is on verge of dying right now.

1. Fake/Plagiarized Whitepaper
2. Fake team/developers
3. Lack of transparency to the investors
4. Lack of communication and the team aren't responding to any of the questions of the investors.

For me, this is the main reasons why ICO is dying right now. In short, ICO's are home of the scammers right now that is why nobody or few are investing right now even though the project is very good and helpful to the people.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 19, 2020, 04:41:31 AM

Since, the whole cryptocurrency marketcap is growing, I expect funding to come in ICO as well. Usually what happens is whenever people make profits out of btc and altcoins, in order to earn more over that people start investing in new projects as their risk appetite increases with increased profits. I am expecting ico market revival to happen soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: