Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:06:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts about Bitcoin adoption  (Read 728 times)
Cimmy_revenger

Activity: 1106
Merit: 252

Dextrust.org #Defi

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 01:06:28 PM

In order for Bitcoin to achieve mass adoption, there should be a system that binds fiats to bitcoin. With this, people will understand the true purpose of bitcoin and how is can easily provide financial freedom. Having a system and a platform that binds bitcoin to fiat will easily explain to ignorant people what bitcoin is and also help them understand it...
in the country where I used to live there was a payment service using bitcoin which was directly converted to FIAT in real-time, on the island of Bali we used to pay for hotels, drink in bars, clothing stores can use bitcoin payments.
 but its existence created controversy and was dismissed by the government.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
3la9l_kolbaCa

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 01:18:34 PM

In order for Bitcoin to achieve mass adoption, there should be a system that binds fiats to bitcoin. With this, people will understand the true purpose of bitcoin and how is can easily provide financial freedom. Having a system and a platform that binds bitcoin to fiat will easily explain to ignorant people what bitcoin is and also help them understand it...
in the country where I used to live there was a payment service using bitcoin which was directly converted to FIAT in real-time, on the island of Bali we used to pay for hotels, drink in bars, clothing stores can use bitcoin payments.
 but its existence created controversy and was dismissed by the government.

On that point, the implementation of bitcoin on payment system has been doing successful results and yet government took over behind the issues. I wiss to see that there will be more countries from any parts of the world would think this way in possession, and will adopt bitcoin. We only need to increase in numbers so that circulation will somehow benefit many people who loved to spend and hold btc as general purpose whether it's for investments or spending virtualization.
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 01:26:08 PM

Too many investors who understand the purpose of Bitcoin. Bitcoin offers a very good solution to transfer a tangible value to a remote location. I think this is the best feature for Bitcoin. Blockchain's best ad was bitcoin. Bitcoin will become more and more common.

This is so but for remote locations, it might meet some tough challenges, from illiteracy to operate on it or lack of internet connection in such areas. If there is to be a non internet use of bitcoin transactions, then it will be an all inclusive system.
viennemariela

Activity: 21
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 02:49:51 PM

I was actually shocked to know that you can use Bitcoin in stores. And you also mentioned that the transaction takes a bit of a long time. However, it must be noted that not all people have the resources to have Bitcoin in their hands. In some countries just like mine, I think using Bitcoin to pay for groceries or small items is not yet possible. This is due to the lack of access of people to have Bitcoin within their grasp because most Filipinos belong to lower classes. So I think shopping centers, malls, or stores would lose profit if they would rely on Bitcoin used by only few people. Another thing is that, despite of the fame Bitcoin is earning among people, few believes its genuineness.
Cimmy_revenger

Activity: 1106
Merit: 252

Dextrust.org #Defi

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 04:38:30 PM

We only need to increase in numbers so that circulation  will somehow benefit many people who loved to spend and hold btc as general purpose whether it's for investments or spending virtualization.
Do you mean to increase the total supply of bitcoin in circulation ?
If yess , It's impossible to do that. bitcoin's total supply is only 21 million and is unlikely to increase.
except by other means of payment not using bitcoin but tokens issued by financial institutions and can be controlled.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: