Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:54:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: High price but no volume  (Read 2051 times)
casperBGD
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2020, 02:57:14 PM

there is a good article on medium regarding this pump and dump strategy, and good price without volume issue
you can make your own token, traded it to reach good price, and become a millionaire on the paper in a matter of fifteen minutes, but is it realistic. i do think that liquidity is important and good step from coinmarketcap is to add liquidity to explain their volumes reported by exchanges, since there is a lot of information there, which cannot represent real value

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 02:59:20 PM

That is a pure manipulation, the price surges but no volume. Its really a shady one though, no one would buy that after such pump. If you are looking for long term hold then the best strategy you can do is to be sure that it have enough volume. Liquidity when you want to exit that coin/token anytime.
right, usually the price spike does not last long, after that it will dump back, we must be careful to deal with it, lest we get into such a trap. how can prices soar without volume, I think manipulation is indeed happening, things like this that will take investors' capital

boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1186

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 05:03:50 PM

I got a friend at work that everytime a coin goes parabolic 500% he comes to me and it shows to me what I've lost ...a great pump with a great price going on. Whenever he comes with this , I tell him to look at 24H Volume and you will see under 5k$ so that means is an organized pump&dump giving false value to the coin and pumping it with money out of thin air ...so that pump&dump is just the BOT who is controlling the market and with 1$ value climbes 10$ because no sell orders are installed.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
secone

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 05:28:32 PM

It's back to square one if you are holding a coin or token for long term and finally altcoin season comes and the token or coin surge in value but has no trading volume on exchange, all your efforts and pain while holding is total waste, do not hold tokens or coins that have no demands, real use cases are what makes them very demanding

Demand depending of the utility of token/coin, if the token useless demand will be stagnant and no more new investor buy it, its really hard to find new ICO coin without utility, in roadmap + whitepaper we will see the utility of token/coin but after ICO some problem come and the utility cannot be implemented like at the roadmap. then the project dead withour volume transaction
Whilemost

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 05:38:38 PM

we should not keep unnecessary tokens with demand and not have much information about them. Keep the tokens really necessary and you care a lot about it. because when you understand it everything gets better.
Longthi_4823_Love

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 05:41:03 PM

A lot of currencies gained value but there were no swaps. then this money is meaningless and can not be used for you anymore. Stop holding them now.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 05:48:07 PM

Trading volume is the essential element needed to determine the true value of any crypto coin. Without good trading volume, that particular crypto coin is worthless even if its value if a million dollar. Trading volume is what is needed to give a crypto coin it's relevance in the crypto market.
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 05:50:52 PM

then how do you hold tokens or coins that have no claims? if you look only at the case it does not guarantee also that you will not be sued for the decisions you have made before, for me personally it is better to choose coins that are definitely listed in the top 10 on CMC, on the other hand I do not like high risk appetite .

KillerInk

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 05:59:27 PM

Try to keep lots of current good coins and sell or trade the current poor ones. Existing bad tokens should be removed.
Apinya_Anong1111

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 06:11:34 PM

Good tokens should be kept and stored for good, and bad tokens should not be invested. Everything is illusion, look for bodily sensation
Xxmodded

Activity: 2254
Merit: 309

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 06:15:12 PM

It's back to square one if you are holding a coin or token for long term and finally altcoin season comes and the token or coin surge in value but has no trading volume on exchange, all your efforts and pain while holding is total waste, do not hold tokens or coins that have no demands, real use cases are what makes them very demanding
Just nothing when finding altcoin have higher price but no volume transaction for buying and selling this coin, maybe just working by some one want to make thsi coin have higher price but difficult when looking for whit investor want to trade whit this coin, have looking coin although whit higher price but other time we can't sell it because no volume transaction.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
PrissMCclen

Activity: 338
Merit: 1

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 06:41:36 PM

That's the result of some senseless pump, have witnessed a lot of token of such without a single buy order though things like this mostly happen on dex exchange

Tachyon Protocol      >      The New Internet in Your Hands
►  IPX is Officially Listed on Bithumb & Bithumb Global  ◄
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 07:45:56 PM

it is one of the saddest lessons learnt in crypto market. Especially new traders invest in the projects that have no background no infrastructure no team nothing, but at the end they stay with their shit tokens and can not even sell them with losses.
vermigerous

Activity: 489
Merit: 16

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 10:13:53 PM

I also experience situation like this. I hodl a token and then got surprised that the price takes a high positive increase, and when i see the volume it is very low. Now i just wanted to keep it and maybe in the near future there would be an enough volume for my good token price.

Hypnosis00

Activity: 2338
Merit: 338

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 10:51:28 PM

I also experience situation like this. I hodl a token and then got surprised that the price takes a high positive increase, and when i see the volume it is very low. Now i just wanted to keep it and maybe in the near future there would be an enough volume for my good token price.
What is the token that you hold? Cause in many instances that a certain token/coin will never grow its volume but the selling price is so high,
  * no buyers/investors
  * abandoned/dead project
 These are the common reason and of course, there is no reason why we should invest this kind of project because we know that we don't get any but just loose ends.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
swivel1983@gmail.com

Activity: 645
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 11:48:32 PM

I had this situation. I had a coin of good value, but I could not sell it. And this is really a big disappointment. But I'm holding this coin, and i hope I may still have a chance to sell it.
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 04:21:52 AM

Most important is not trading volume because this volume can be fake at any time.  I think what you are most interested in right now is liquidity because if it is impossible to sell the coin you have bought, it is just shitcoin and not worth when you hold it long term.

In the past, many coins were very valuable but when investors wanted to sell they could not sell and that's why I was always careful before deciding to invest.
shaheer001

Activity: 1274
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2020, 04:28:10 AM

You are right mate! holding a coin for a long time which has very low potential is totally waste of money and time and at last, it will always heart you.

KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 04:33:50 AM

If there is no volume even if its value si high it can still be called as shitcoins. There are a lot of altcoins that doesn't have volume, we should stay with that kind of altcoins because there is no opportunities there. There are traders who buying low volume coin because they though that it can easily pump, it is not like that they will regret their decisions in the near future. We shouls only buy altcoins that have high volume because it means that there are many traders who are willing to trade that coin.
kolonel_x

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 07:16:52 AM

What is the token that you hold? Cause in many instances that a certain token/coin will never grow its volume but the selling price is so high,
  * no buyers/investors
  * abandoned/dead project
 These are the common reason and of course, there is no reason why we should invest this kind of project because we know that we don't get any but just loose ends.

This is because the project is abandoned, so investors who buy in the token, even though the sale value is high, it will still not be meaningful if there are no buyers from investors.
This project cannot be held because it has let the project die so that the token that you hold will not have any value, even though you will wait a long time if my inactive developer will not rise or live again.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: