Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:21:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 [695] 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260002 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:54:34 PM

http://gavinandresen.ninja/a-guided-tour-of-the-2mb-fork

2mb is not a simple one-line change, and the implementation used for btc/classic is about 900 lines, based largely on coding crafted for XT. A lot of that is simply testing code, but even the core change of 2mb is almost 20 lines:
The first commit is “Minimal consensus/miner changes for 2mb block size bump”, and is small – under twenty lines of new code. You can see the one-line change of MAX_BLOCK_SIZE from 1,000,000 bytes to 2,000,000 bytes; the rest of the changes are needed by miners so they know whether it is safe to produce bigger blocks.

a node can easily do the 1-line change and it will accept and relay blocks <2mb, but most other nodes will see it as invalid and not relay them, hence making mining >2mb infeasible. Thats why it makes sense to include a "trigger" so that the client only accepts <1MB until the 2MB rule change is implemented. Otherwise XT would have made a few dozen 1-2 block chainforks already (before switching back to the main longest chain). The consensus mechanism only ensures that the 2mb fork will be successful when activated 28days after 75% majority.

The rest of 899 lines are just for consensus check and for unit tests, but the actual block size change is still one line if we assume there are exactly 0 bad actors. And in my scenario where everyone gets sick of Core and simply want to fork away with >1MB blocks there are 0 bad players in the ecosystem. At least that's how I see a split would take place.

As for core; I like thier roadmap. segwit has benefits to offer but they may be smaller and further away then currently anticipated, in the face of a growing network. Other improvements of the code that are planned are also generally quite good, but without an actual blocksize scaling event its easy to envision a path where blockstream is dedicated to making bitcoin a high-fee settlement layer with massive segwit sideblocks that power sidechains and lightning. Its a good direction, but I disagree with limiting bitcoin in its infancy to a 1mb limit that has gone without incident for years around improved computing and networking, particularly as it makes blockstream's business model more attractive

I firmly beleive in segwit+2mb and i think theres a developing similar consensus. in fact, segwit could make 2mb blocks much simpler by removing the complex validation needs of a small-but-many-signatures transaction.

If we agree that the segwit brings much more benefits for the long term than a 2MB block then I think that having segwit happen as fast as possible is the correct choice. A 2MB block now would only benefit the block space, while the segwit brings us so much more!

its quite simple, you can identify your client  (such as  classic-0.11.2.b1) and you can view node count at https://coin.dance/nodes  (IIRC they filter out nodes if they detect multiple on a single address (ie: someone pretending to run 10 nodes on one computer)). If you are a miner, you can follow BIP009 to include a modified versionbits, or you could simply include a message or code in the coinbase transaction (almost every miner out there does this already, and many even include BIP100 voting tags)

hashrate is pretty much the most secure method of voting as it requires control over bitcoin mining. Of course, only miners can vote this way.

How do you fraud proof if you identify by client version?
How would votes count? How much weight would miners have? Do they have 1 vote per entity?
There are so many questions that I could raise about this voting system that we can drag this for a very long time. I don't think that you could correctly weight every stakeholder in the ecosystem in order to have a voting mechanism in place. I think that we have so much diversity starting from the average Joe who has no idea about what the system is capable or not to the miners who operate large scale mining operations while running on a very thin margins to businesses who offer various services on the existing network. How do you make the difference between them in order to have a correct voting system?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:08:25 AM

Congratulations to Nimrod Lehavi and Simplex team Smiley

http://www.coindesk.com/israeli-bitcoin-startup-raises-7m-in-series-a-round/

Buying Bitcoins will become much easier. Awesome company.

Any news on the sp-50?
100% dead.  Ain't never coming.  Spondoolies and Guy Corem to get sued by creditors soon.

I really would like to know out of curosity on SP50.  If they are able to do some changing and get a chip that is closer to Bitfury's reported chip.  Or if they really will not release and consider sunk cost.

Only way I see them winning is if they can drastically beat Bitfury on chip price.  And that no one knows, or at least no one without a NDA.  For what it's worth I was hoping they would do consumer ones like SP20 again instead of SP50.  Doubt that changes but seems they would want to do something with the chips they I would guess put a decent amount into R/D.  And I guess we really don't know that either as no demo.

So many good questions, but don't think we will get anwser.  Although eventually we should it is interesting how SP has to release info compared to most privately owned firms that are tight lip'ed.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 11:04:00 AM

Any news on the sp-50?
100% dead.  Ain't never coming.  Spondoolies and Guy Corem to get sued by creditors soon.

I really would like to know out of curosity on SP50.  If they are able to do some changing and get a chip that is closer to Bitfury's reported chip.  Or if they really will not release and consider sunk cost.

Only way I see them winning is if they can drastically beat Bitfury on chip price.  And that no one knows, or at least no one without a NDA.  For what it's worth I was hoping they would do consumer ones like SP20 again instead of SP50.  Doubt that changes but seems they would want to do something with the chips they I would guess put a decent amount into R/D.  And I guess we really don't know that either as no demo.

So many good questions, but don't think we will get anwser.  Although eventually we should it is interesting how SP has to release info compared to most privately owned firms that are tight lip'ed.

If they released SP50 with "current" specs it would be plenty competitive, but fabs need to see money.

Without some sort of pre-order it will be difficult to get this off the ground.

One major worry for anyone selling HW now is that there is a real chance that mining will flatline for a couple of years.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 11:10:47 AM

One major worry for anyone selling HW now is that there is a real chance that mining will flatline for a couple of years.

If it doesn't flat line then someone is doing something wrong.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 11:19:04 AM

Any news on the sp-50?
100% dead.  Ain't never coming.  Spondoolies and Guy Corem to get sued by creditors soon.

I really would like to know out of curosity on SP50.  If they are able to do some changing and get a chip that is closer to Bitfury's reported chip.  Or if they really will not release and consider sunk cost.

Only way I see them winning is if they can drastically beat Bitfury on chip price.  And that no one knows, or at least no one without a NDA.  For what it's worth I was hoping they would do consumer ones like SP20 again instead of SP50.  Doubt that changes but seems they would want to do something with the chips they I would guess put a decent amount into R/D.  And I guess we really don't know that either as no demo.

So many good questions, but don't think we will get anwser.  Although eventually we should it is interesting how SP has to release info compared to most privately owned firms that are tight lip'ed.

If they released SP50 with "current" specs it would be plenty competitive, but fabs need to see money.

That is if they launch now or beat bitfury by a significant amount of time.  Since bitfury has shown demo of chip, and SP has not had anything but rendering publicly I'm not guessing this will happen.

I just see the big operations going to most efficiency with the "big money".   NDA's make it kinda hard to know progress as most are secret on a lot.  But if Bitfury beats SP to launch and has a better efficiency... I don't think it will be competitive.

And that is pure speculation.  We have no idea on SP process on how far they are with chip.  
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:08:16 PM

Any news on the sp-50?
100% dead.  Ain't never coming.  Spondoolies and Guy Corem to get sued by creditors soon.

I really would like to know out of curosity on SP50.  If they are able to do some changing and get a chip that is closer to Bitfury's reported chip.  Or if they really will not release and consider sunk cost.

Only way I see them winning is if they can drastically beat Bitfury on chip price.  And that no one knows, or at least no one without a NDA.  For what it's worth I was hoping they would do consumer ones like SP20 again instead of SP50.  Doubt that changes but seems they would want to do something with the chips they I would guess put a decent amount into R/D.  And I guess we really don't know that either as no demo.

So many good questions, but don't think we will get anwser.  Although eventually we should it is interesting how SP has to release info compared to most privately owned firms that are tight lip'ed.

That is if they launch now or beat bitfury by a significant amount of time.  Since bitfury has shown demo of chip, and SP has not had anything but rendering publicly I'm not guessing this will happen.

I just see the big operations going to most efficiency with the "big money".   NDA's make it kinda hard to know progress as most are secret on a lot.  But if Bitfury beats SP to launch and has a better efficiency... I don't think it will be competitive.

And that is pure speculation.  We have no idea on SP process on how far they are with chip.  

But Bitfury doesn't sell any of their gear. They just maintain higher profits. They're not going to trigger another 51% attack fear wave. I hope.

If it doesn't flat line then someone is doing something wrong.

The major uncertainty is BTC(XBT) price development.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:00:52 PM

Any news on the sp-50?

But Bitfury doesn't sell any of their gear. They just maintain higher profits. They're not going to trigger another 51% attack fear wave. I hope.

In past they have but you have to have substantial order.  Home/hobby miners  are not their customers.   But look at like this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1167388.0  .  They also sold Bit-X 1 PH long ago - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896350.0

In past they have sold to big commercial operations.  So not sure where you got info they don't sell at all.  SP I see as going for same customers as the SP50 was geared twords big operations.  But again still lots of questions few answers.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:09:21 PM

Any news on the sp-50?

In past they have but you have to have substantial order.  Home/hobby miners  are not their customers.   But look at like this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1167388.0  .  They also sold Bit-X 1 PH long ago - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896350.0

In past they have sold to big commercial operations.  So not sure where you got info they don't sell at all.  SP I see as going for same customers as the SP50 was geared twords big operations.  But again still lots of questions few answers.

I sent them an e-mail. They don't sell hw, but they sell "hash capacity" starting at 1PH.

Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:33:27 PM

I sent them an e-mail. They don't sell hw, but they sell "hash capacity" starting at 1PH.

"Cloud mining" only?! And 1PH min orders, please.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:54:03 PM

If you bring enough capital... they do sell .  You can see in past big operations they sold to:  But look at like this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1167388.0

Were talking about a lot of money, and NDA's.  I think you talk to them with substantial capital selling can happen, at least it has in past. But just emailing them for buying no you will not get far at all.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:19:27 PM

If you bring enough capital... they do sell .  You can see in past big operations they sold to:  But look at like this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1167388.0

Were talking about a lot of money, and NDA's.  I think you talk to them with substantial capital selling can happen, at least it has in past. But just emailing them for buying no you will not get far at all.

One link where someone is selling old gear and another where Bitfury explicitly says they're not selling HW. What am I missing? The Bitfury light bulbs?

mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 02:44:58 AM

For the right $$$ they sell anything!

The question is if we, small miners, will be able to buy the new miners with this new asic!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 04:51:43 AM

For the right $$$ they sell anything!

The question is if we, small miners, will be able to buy the new miners with this new asic!

I would agree from past actions from them.  Some random person emailing them is not going to get the options a  big investor does when they show up with 6 figure backing.   So even if they say they only sell cloudmininng only bitfury in email.... show up with big backing in a real meeting in past you can buy miners.  A email does not equal much compared to past history.

And its getting away from the question I had which is what SP does with their gear.  I think the SP50 is beat by bitfury from info so far, and it could be wrong.   But if they only planned to sell to big customers and are beat before it's out... what do they do?  Release for cheaper? Forget it and lose R/D money?  My hope is they sell some home/hobby gear.  But I doubt that happens.
punin

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 07:52:54 AM

In past they have sold to big commercial operations.  So not sure where you got info they don't sell at all.  SP I see as going for same customers as the SP50 was geared twords big operations.  But again still lots of questions few answers.

If you bring enough capital... they do sell .  You can see in past big operations they sold to:  But look at like this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1167388.0

Were talking about a lot of money, and NDA's.  I think you talk to them with substantial capital selling can happen, at least it has in past. But just emailing them for buying no you will not get far at all.

One link where someone is selling old gear and another where Bitfury explicitly says they're not selling HW. What am I missing? The Bitfury light bulbs?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1291890
http://bitfury.com/products

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 08:05:49 AM

In past they have sold to big commercial operations.  So not sure where you got info they don't sell at all.  SP I see as going for same customers as the SP50 was geared twords big operations.  But again still lots of questions few answers.

If you bring enough capital... they do sell .  You can see in past big operations they sold to:  But look at like this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1167388.0

Were talking about a lot of money, and NDA's.  I think you talk to them with substantial capital selling can happen, at least it has in past. But just emailing them for buying no you will not get far at all.

That is genuinely good news!

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 07:42:50 PM

Nice shameless marketing, but you are NOT selling any gear. You are selling only chips!

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 07:47:25 PM

Nice shameless marketing, but you are NOT selling any gear. You are selling only chips!

And Spondoolies is?

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 08:42:09 PM

And Spondoolies is?

Are you bored?

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 10:58:36 PM

Anyone got a spare SP35 PSU they can sell me? SP-tech are out of spares. PM if you do please.

Cheers

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:06:22 AM

Anyone got a spare SP35 PSU they can sell me? SP-tech are out of spares. PM if you do please.

Cheers

I thought on this thread there was a way to 'rig something up' as such already....but could have been another thread

doggie? others with more expertise then myself?

sorry all that comes to mind

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 ... 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 [695] 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: