Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:05:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 [724] 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260001 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ocojo

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:06:07 PM

Did this company go bankrupt?
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2498

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:05:55 PM

Did this company go bankrupt?
To save a lot of peoples time & effort rehashing their saga -- try Googling them for the details...
or God forbid go back in their threads here and read for yourself.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:53:45 PM

The game of making asic chips is not easy, have to be fast
preshpresh

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:49:02 AM

fired up my dusty rusty sp20 recently after a long holiday, started up just 3 loops @ 865gh but a week of fiddling, dusting and tinkering ive got 1165gh.

its like traveling back in time.

when we hit 10k i might see if the sp30 still lives

▶▶ UR TOKEN ◀◀
═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══
ⓄⓄ UNIVERSAL RECOGNITION TOKEN  ⓄⓄ

【 The first blockchain-based corporate rewards marketplace 】
══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━══
ybcuongdz1

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:04:06 AM

Are you will be selling bare chips for DIY miners?
(I will also drop you email with some exact question on info@)

BTW: Good job with designs and sale!
jekecoin

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 10:47:51 AM

In Ebay you have some chips from Israel

Hard obsoleto                    VPS: Digitalocean                     Cloudmining: Cex.io · EOBOT                    Gambling: Primedice
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2498

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:22:06 PM

Don't you just love how some folks just post idiotic things like this?
Shows a serious lack of brains when they do not even realize that despite it being said many many times in these last few pages: for a few years now Spondoolies is gone. Out of business. Kerput.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:25:51 PM

Don't you just love how some folks just post idiotic things like this?
Shows a serious lack of brains when they do not even realize that despite it being said many many times in these last few pages: for a few years now Spondoolies is gone. Out of business. Kerput.

why get chips...just get an sp20 off ebay for 125 bucks with shipping ..sheesh

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:17:12 PM

Since you guys are all bumping up this thread, and every other post is seemingly off topic, what's the latest miners? My guess is S9? How about for alts? ... @Searing, I know you mine some lite ones, you mentioned. heh.

I plan to set some on the north pole beside Santa's house.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:03:18 AM

Since you guys are all bumping up this thread, and every other post is seemingly off topic, what's the latest miners? My guess is S9? How about for alts? ... @Searing, I know you mine some lite ones, you mentioned. heh.

I plan to set some on the north pole beside Santa's house.

Well, for me at 12c kWh electric it is not flying well...Santa's house or not....for me anyway

My view is (at this time it can change at a whim) is that IF you have ASIC miners of any flavor you should just mine like hell and hold the crypto of your choice...assuming
your alt or crypto of choice ..is linked to BTC pump)

In other words, if you see the coin pumping anyway you should just hodl if that is your only reason to get equip ...less risk hodl'ing long term

IF you have to have equip (ie need the space heater aspects on the north pole and/or a lot cheaper electric then my 12c kwh ave for the year

Then I'd get a Bitmain L3+ as the least offensive asic machine out there..mine like hell and hold it all in LTC

What I'm doing with my 7,500 mh of scrypt pow and my 2 D3's and 1 300 mh baikal cube..all are on prohashing mulitpool and all payouts all in LTC

My view is if BTC is gonna stabilize at say $8k usd or over....then I have a hard time not seeing LTC be at least $100 at the low end...my view is $150 sure thing and/or

maybe $300....so I'm saving LTC on that assumption

you make the same assumption...on a bitmain L3+......and difficulty gets us in trouble...the price pump of LTC may get you out of trouble

IF BTC dumps and the LTC historical linkage remains and you are looking at a BTC and LTC dump..then LTC usually does not fall as far and you can hold

a year, till the next pump....

Myself, I'd just wait and put it in coin...and myself LTC...IF your reason to get a machine is a bet on LTC rising...skip the machine and the other lemmings

at this point in time and just get coin (or in my case LTC) ....  you can always change your mind after the 1st of the year

myself, I havde plenty of equip deductions for the IRS this year in equipment ..so my extra $$$ are going into a solo 401k and LTC to hold from IRS

same benifit as equip write off less risk

thus gonna fill the solo 401k bucket FIRST each year from now on ...then equipment seems more prudent

know guys that used the service below..you run it all you keep your keys you are the account runner....they just help setup/then maintain for a fee afterwards

anyway, its an option also

https://www.checkbookira.com/

IF the game is to fill up as much crypto in a bucket as you can...I think I'm gonna do the solo 401k first.....then dubious equip ...and if I get dubious equip I'll take out

a loan and be more modest/prudent...the days of me using crypto for anything other then elec pay on my current ROI miners may be numbered.....the way the price

of BTC and LTC keeps rising......seems the better path to fill the solo 401k bucket first (as a tax write off like equip) and then equip (with a loan) and if for some reason

I get in trouble with the bank fiat loan...I can always then cash out coin after the fact....to fix such....

no more crypto first and loan paid off next ..the price of any flavor of crypto BTC or LTC or Dash....etc as soon as I did that would explode (how my life works)

anyway, my angle

Also, I would not get any equip till next year to use as a tax write off in 2018...also if LTC pumps to 300 bucks you probably would need the equip write off more in 2018 anyway

I mean it is Nov 21st already...I'd hold off till 2018

the play I'm making and how I'm looking at everything (at this time anyway)

later
brad

edit: re-read above....can I really be OFF_TOPIC on a dead miner thread..? Interesting philosophical question..hmmmmm

anyway as usual, you don't like my ramblings put me on /ignore ...I don't mind

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
rageyuter

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:57:59 AM

Hey guys. Been looking at this long forum thread trying to find answers. I know this is kind of a dead subject of very old mining rigs, so I apologize in advance, but still hope this reaches to someone:

I recently got my hands on a couple of SP30's but they kind of have some issues with them:

The main issue I have with 2 rigs is that I power them up, everything seems fine, all fans speed up and start as they should be. Problem is, both frontal LEDS (Info and Ready leds, NOT the ones that belong to the ethernet cable) remain off and the rig doesn't seem to comunicate with my network (It doesn't show on IP list nor I can enter with any IP to the GUI). I tried to perform an sd recovery as shown in these instructions: https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@theblockhead/spondoolies-sp10-sp2x-and-sp3x-recovery-sd-card-and-boot-sd-card-creation-instructions ;but it doesn't seems to work (I have no way to tell if it even tries to boot from the SD).

The other problem is with another rig; When I plug it in, a red LED shows back in the PSU. Thing is, I tried the same PSU's in another rig and it works just fine. Tried PSU's that work in other rigs and they show the same red LED.

All rigs seem to be fine hardware-wise. (I've even changed around some of the boards, and the problems remain the same).

I feel that it could be related to:

-Some of the rigs could be bricked, and I'm not doing the correct SD recovery procedure.
-Network issues (?)
-Nasty little goblins messing around.

I dont really know if there is any way to communicate with the SP30 other than ethernet-router. I received no usb adapter or whatsoever, and I dont really know if I can connect it directly to a pc or something. Man, any help will be greatly appreciated, yet not expected as this has been a dead forum for a couple of months now.

Gotta keep digging trough all of your posts, hoping for a reply here. See ya around!         
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:49:00 AM

Hey guys. Been looking at this long forum thread trying to find answers. I know this is kind of a dead subject of very old mining rigs, so I apologize in advance, but still hope this reaches to someone:

I recently got my hands on a couple of SP30's but they kind of have some issues with them:

The main issue I have with 2 rigs is that I power them up, everything seems fine, all fans speed up and start as they should be. Problem is, both frontal LEDS (Info and Ready leds, NOT the ones that belong to the ethernet cable) remain off and the rig doesn't seem to comunicate with my network (It doesn't show on IP list nor I can enter with any IP to the GUI). I tried to perform an sd recovery as shown in these instructions: https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@theblockhead/spondoolies-sp10-sp2x-and-sp3x-recovery-sd-card-and-boot-sd-card-creation-instructions ;but it doesn't seems to work (I have no way to tell if it even tries to boot from the SD).

The other problem is with another rig; When I plug it in, a red LED shows back in the PSU. Thing is, I tried the same PSU's in another rig and it works just fine. Tried PSU's that work in other rigs and they show the same red LED.

All rigs seem to be fine hardware-wise. (I've even changed around some of the boards, and the problems remain the same).

I feel that it could be related to:

-Some of the rigs could be bricked, and I'm not doing the correct SD recovery procedure.
-Network issues (?)
-Nasty little goblins messing around.

I dont really know if there is any way to communicate with the SP30 other than ethernet-router. I received no usb adapter or whatsoever, and I dont really know if I can connect it directly to a pc or something. Man, any help will be greatly appreciated, yet not expected as this has been a dead forum for a couple of months now.

Gotta keep digging trough all of your posts, hoping for a reply here. See ya around!        

There are links to several guides in the OP, and I know from personal experience that if you maintain this level of respect, Philipma1957 will likely assist you. I never owned a Spondoolies rig. Was planning to get the SP50, but the company went bust Cheesy But from everything I heard, they were very solid equipment, so the odds are you can salvage something out of this. Good luck to you!
rageyuter

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:06:26 AM

Yeah, hehe. I know they are old rigs. This is me, just trying to entrepreneur into the mining world, and they just happen to fall into my hands so im trying to revive them.

Digging around the forum, I found out that it's probably the control boards (smaller boards attached to the frontal panel and stuff). They seem to be dead and I haven't found any way to revive them. I even tried a hair dryer, as seen in this message: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=872014.msg12069766#msg12069766

I know it says sp20, and my problem is with the sp30's; yet the issue is similar and some of the boards and components could be the same or have the same specifications. Hopefully some of the guys familiar with the "spoons" can give me some advice. I'd really appreciate it!

rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 08:50:05 AM

still mining  Grin

at current price? 1BTC = 1BTC

meh. the old whirly spaceheaters done us well over the winter.
I didn't realise the detailed situation with SP-Tech and it's end, sad to have heard it's no more. Although we don't see the satoshi roll up quite as quickly these days, they were still the best piece of kit. Good luck to Guy and the blockchain evolution.

fond memories.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 06:48:00 PM
Merited by HagssFIN (1), frodocooper (1)

Missed us?

Not a Bitcoin miner (yet), but the world most efficient X11 miner, by a considerable factor.

Since the forum rules prohibit postings about Alts miners, the discussion will be here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5008806.new#new

I hope the mods won't delete this post.

Guy

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
TuffToad

Activity: 29
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:42:34 PM

Welcome back!..  And yes we did miss you and your cutting edge products.

Have Fun and Enjoy The Game.

/s TuffToad
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:38:51 AM

Missed us?

Shocked  Roll Eyes

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 07:52:50 PM

Well hello my old friend  Grin

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 12:36:06 AM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

We don't have a booth in https://www.miningconf.org/ for obvious reasons, but Spondoolies people including Assaf Gilboa the CEO will be in the conference.
If you intend to arrive, approach to say hello.

Guy

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:38:35 PM

That is definitely a good thing. It will be interesting to check these out. Good to have you guys back.

We don't have a booth in https://www.miningconf.org/ for obvious reasons, but Spondoolies people including Assaf Gilboa the CEO will be in the conference.
If you intend to arrive, approach to say hello.

Guy

Pages: « 1 ... 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 [724] 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: