Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:01:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1259999 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:17:55 PM

Wow - lots of fun I missed today but some good dialogue as well...

The SP30 should be in a 4U form factor...

Why?

No reason, just because he like big size..... after being fcked by BFL, his ass is loose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:18:53 PM

I am not a fan of preorders, but i can never access your website to even be tempted to buy anything, so i would like to thank you for the inaccessibility of your website.

Please check if your IP is blacklisted via the following tool (Shopify uses these lists to protect itself against spamming and bot-nets):
http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist

If it is, consider rebooting your router to get a new dynamic IP, otherwise please PM me for further resolution.

Anyone else having trouble to access our site, are welcome to do this as well.
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:21:07 PM

Anybody received and is mining with a Spondoolier already??

Plenty of users have received and responded in this thread, moreover you are welcome to check some of the following professional reviews:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525469
http://mineforeman.com/2014/03/28/review-spondoolies-tech-sp10-dawson-part-one/
http://mineforeman.com/2014/04/01/review-spondoolies-tech-sp10-dawson-part-two/
seriouscoin

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:22:20 PM

I may have been quoted on the BFL sales page, but I have not pre-ordered anything from BFL since I received my last order, monarch or otherwise.

I don't believe any hardware manufacturer should be in the 100% paid upfront pre-order business. If they are, I am not doing business with them.

If I am shilling for anyone, it would be Bitmain!  Wink

Nice arrangement of words. Tard Josh did his job good. You didn't pre-ordered anything from BFL since you receiver your last order(read "last pre-order). Ok, but you DID pre-order stuff in your lifetime. What's different now? Why was ok last time and it's not ok now?

Quote taken from http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/ by gigavps(quoted for tardness) :
means that they will be hard to beat moving forward

Yes missing their own deadline by 7 months(now) makes them so hard to beat... (source: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/4414-monarch-information.html)

To anyone new here, Giga and Joshie(BFL_Josh) are much closer. Too close that when BFL started shipping Singles, Giga got his rigs shipped first and he could still make new orders and got ahead of anyone in the queue.

Its fcking sick that hes pretending to be against pre-order and all..... as long as hes not getting special treatment.

Fuck you Gigavps. What makes you shown up in "Hardware" all the sudden?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:23:06 PM

What's different now? Why was ok last time and it's not ok now?

gig, hope you dont mind if i take this one.

what is different now?

1.  We have been through HF, CoinTerra, KNC
2.  Bitmain has miners in stock!!!

Are you 100% sure that Bitmain has miners in stock? It seems that they don't have it right now.

Yes! dogie has a review, also Meni Rosenfeld has one and also i have one SP10.

seriouscoin

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:27:41 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 10:38:39 PM by seriouscoin

gig, hope you dont mind if i take this one.

what is different now?

1.  We have been through HF, CoinTerra, KNC
2.  Bitmain has miners in stock!!!

Are you 100% sure that Bitmain has miners in stock? It seems that they don't have it right now.

Yes! dogie has a review, also Meni Rosenfeld has one and also i have one SP10.

Not to mention S2 is a joke in build quality compared to the SP10.

Lots of ppl also miss the fact that China is the SOURCE of electronic components..... hence they can run a production much quicker without carrying inventory. Something BFL use as an excuse all the time.... Chinese New Year bs.

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:38:50 PM

What is different now is that I've been though the 9 months of waiting and almost started doing it again. Then, I took a break and realized my error. Giving your BTC/$$$ up to pre-orders only does one party any favors, and that is the hardware manufacturer. They give you all the risk and you take it in the ass when they miss their deadlines.

As for my last BFL order, it was a pre-order for more $$$ than I'd ever spent in my life on a single purchase. Being the second customer to order meant I got to spend three months away from my family in Kansas waiting to receive equipment and set it up. Tons of fun.

I've spoken with Gadi about this pre-order mess and said I would not participate.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:53:02 PM

to summise - people; you keep mentioning other hardware manufacturers and prodding sp with a pointy stick.
Please can you take those conversations to the relevant threads.

thanks.

WTF? All YOU have been doing lately is going around into other hardware threads and spamming Spondoolies-Tech.

Hashfast Thread:
for those of us who have cash tied up in preorders, including hashfast, spondoolies-tech are offering 10% discount.
i've ordered a small rig from them and just needed to send them proof of my refund request.
my babyjet should have been hashing by now, just glad to have another option to allow me to keep mining.

Blackarrow Thread:
guys, our x3's aren't gonna be worth 0.01btc per week...
http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/3-x-sp30-yukon-august-batch

just saying.  Lips sealed

KnC Thread:
forget KnC hardware and forget the datorhall... WTF?...
YOU CAN HAVE YOUR OWN FARM
astounding... to think, if enough people buy into this, hashrate is gonna spread. collectively we could put that knc d/c in the lower echelons of mining farms.
i'm off to the bank, it's my duty.

Interent Formus: a disease of the fingers where the brain is so preoccupied with the investigations of something which is totally irrelevant to your real life that the 'interent formus' becomes a "proper pain in the arse" - relevant to only yourself, so much that nobody gives a flying fuck about your 'investigations and your opinions. elaboration: opinons are like assholes.

BIFFA. you have Interent Formus. please seek professional help.

ps. thanks for sharing your problems, i am sure that you feel better.

ADD: I am going to defend this company tothe hilt because I know for a fact that they are the best that we have, and will ever see.
a lot of us have been screwed over with preorders (myself included) but I am not going to hold it against a viable company because of others past mistakes.
ELA: I have made mistakes to the tune of tens of thousands of pounds - to hold it against a new company trying to do their best in this industry is just vile and vindictive. Some folks won't ever see a good thing, because of their own mistakes, and blame others. Spondoolies-tech had no play in your order from Hashfast, or your order from KnC, Cointerra or the shite rigs you received from bitmain recently, but now they come along and offer your some compensation (which your own purchase company has never).. you begin a tirade of poison against them.

hey, it's your loss. I'm gonna keep mining, with stable rigs from a viable company,

LOL struck a nerve did I?  Tongue

Where have I begun a tirade of poison against them? I've been nothing but courteous and civil towards them as a company.

I think their gear is overpriced, expensive to import, too noisy and too "focused" and designed for big farms, and I don't think its a good idea to pre-order for August now. But thats just my opinion. I'd buy from them if they produced something roomier, cooler and in stock for a decent price.

Even if they don't currently mine for themselves, this isn't a product designed for distributing the hashing, this is a product designed for one thing, massive farms with enormous hash-per-U footprints.

I don't know who or what you are talking about with regards to the foaming-at-the-mouth-a-thon about orders from other companies, I never paid for orders of anything from Hashfast or Cointerra, although even if I had I don't know what point you were trying to make.

I'm actually hardware agnostic, I've mined on GPU's, USB ASICminers, BFL Singles, KnC Jupiters, Antiminers; S1's & an S2 on its way, I have had hosted dragonminers and one winging its way to me right now so I can have a play with it. I've also got a Neptune on preorder, last preorder I ever did. Again I'm hanging onto it because I have an interest in the technology and I like to mine.

What compensation are they offering you that you've suddenly become evangelical about them? I thought you were supposed to be an impartial journalist, honestly, right now, you sound like a rabid fan-girl.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 10:59:55 PM

Guys,
Let's keep the discussion civilized please.

We're committed to distribute the hash-rate. It will become evident very soon.
The days of small DYI miners are almost over. We're preparing for the next phase of mining while taking utmost care to distribute the hash-rate.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:00:47 PM

Guys,
Let's keep the discussion civilized please.

We're committed to distribute the hash-rate. It will become evident very soon.
The days of small DYI miners are almost over. We're preparing for the next phase of mining while taking utmost care to distribute the hash-rate.

Agreed.

General question on forum / thread etiquette. It's new to me, so I'm asking.
Let's say some users are clearly competitors trolls. Should I call them out or not ?

The question doesn't refer to the post above

This is your thread, feel free to do as you wish. It would be interesting to see what methodology you use to find them out. Phinn would probably want to add it to his arsenal of investigative tools Smiley

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 11:03:33 PM

This is your thread, feel free to do as you wish. It would be interesting to see what methodology you use to find them out. Phinn would probably want to add it to his arsenal of investigative tools Smiley
Well, I'm new to all this. So it might seems trivial: Check user creation date, check last posts.
Trolls are usually con the manufacturer they're trolling while pro for a third manufacturer.

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:04:27 PM

What Bitmain product that can compete with this is in stock and shipping today?  S2 has no info on a batch 3 as to when they will be able to be bought or shipped.  There are MANY who have had problems out of the box that were not the result to shipping damage.  Hopefully the batch 2 customers are on a better boat.

They have plenty to fix before the S2 past batch 2 will be flooding the market.  So please STFU!

Neither company has anything available to ship at the moment. One company is accepting customer money for products they don't have, and the other company is not. See the difference?

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:11:05 PM

Well, I'm new to all this. So it might seems trivial: Check user creation date, check last posts.
Trolls are usually con the manufacturer they're trolling while pro for a third manufacturer.

Yes that's the usual way. You have to be careful though, and usually the are shills not trolls. Often a newly created account that just posts in a forum with a negative response about a competitor or a positive response about a badly performing manufacturer is sometimes a shill/troll. But not always.

Sometimes people turn from one outlook to another really fast, sometimes its just human nature and getting excited about a product and sometimes there is a hidden agenda like offers made behind the scenes etc. But I hesitate to out and out accuse people because there is often an element of doubt and there are many more "brave" people like Phinn who use a scattergun approach to weed out the bad'uns.. he does catch some innocents along the way though  Undecided

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 11:27:11 PM

I've spoken with Gadi about this pre-order mess and said I would not participate.
We'll be happy to sell you SP30 Yukons come August from stock. I don't believe that we'll have any left, though.

Seriously, the customers of this industry were hurt multiple times.
We understand that it will take time until people will trust us. We don't expect it will be an easy transition.

We're offering what we believe is a compelling product. We're certain that we'll deliver it according to spec on the defined schedule.
This is not wishful thinking or overselling. This is based on the exact status of our 2nd gen project.

Participate or not, it's your choice.

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:01:16 AM

We'll be happy to sell you SP30 Yukons come August from stock. I don't believe that we'll have any left, though.

Seriously, the customers of this industry were hurt multiple times.
We understand that it will take time until people will trust us. We don't expect it will be an easy transition.

We're offering what we believe is a compelling product. We're certain that we'll deliver it according to spec on the defined schedule.
This is not wishful thinking or overselling. This is based on the exact status of our 2nd gen project.

Participate or not, it's your choice.

Please share your exact timelines along with where you have planned for contingency of what can go wrong. What is your plan to fix a chip design flaw? Does that push out your delivery dates if it occurs? How much time do you have to design / build / test PCBs?

If you want to be transparent, I think sharing your plan of how you are going to mitigate ALL of the pitfalls that come with the industry you are in.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:07:16 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 12:19:18 AM by gigavps

To anyone new here, Giga and Joshie(BFL_Josh) are much closer. Too close that when BFL started shipping Singles, Giga got his rigs shipped first and he could still make new orders and got ahead of anyone in the queue.

Its fcking sick that hes pretending to be against pre-order and all..... as long as hes not getting special treatment.

I'm glad you know everything that has happened between BFL and myself. Want to tell me my shoe size as well.  Roll Eyes

FYI, I got the first mini rigs because I was the first customer to purchase them. I was the first customer to purchase FPGA mini rigs. I was one of the first to purchase FPGA singles.

I waited the entire 9 month delay just like everyone else and was even denied my entire order having to spend multiple months in BFL land waiting for drippings of equipment.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:08:21 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 04:34:49 AM by smooth

We're certain that we'll deliver it according to spec on the defined schedule.

Then you should have no problem offering refunds if you miss, correct?
seriouscoin

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:25:47 AM

I'm glad you know everything that has happened between BFL and myself. Want to tell me my shoe size as well.  Roll Eyes

FYI, I got the first mini rigs because I was the first customer to purchase them. I was the first customer to purchase FPGA mini rigs. I was one of the first to purchase FPGA singles.

I waited the entire 9 month delay just like everyone else and was even denied my entire order having to spend multiple months in BFL land waiting for drippings of equipment.

FYI, you didnt need to use first order excuse because nobody could ever know and BFL's BS 1/3 shipping plan. Deny all your want buddy.

With respect to Spondooliestech. I'm done with you
seriouscoin

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:30:00 AM

Regarding pre-orders, let the free market runs its course.

Pre-order or not, we need to support new miners manufacture. More competition means less monopoly. Otherwise, mining belongs to a few vendors when they build their own farm .ie KNC.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 12:46:09 AM

I may have been quoted on the BFL sales page, but I have not pre-ordered anything from BFL since I received my last order, monarch or otherwise.

I don't believe any hardware manufacturer should be in the 100% paid upfront pre-order business. If they are, I am not doing business with them.

If I am shilling for anyone, it would be Bitmain!  Wink

Nice arrangement of words. Tard Josh did his job good. You didn't pre-ordered anything from BFL since you receiver your last order(read "last pre-order). Ok, but you DID pre-order stuff in your lifetime. What's different now? Why was ok last time and it's not ok now?

Quote taken from http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/ by gigavps(quoted for tardness) :
means that they will be hard to beat moving forward

Yes missing their own deadline by 7 months(now) makes them so hard to beat... (source: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/4414-monarch-information.html)

James Gibson was CMO of HashTrade when that infamous $1M down payment pre-order through BitPay was transacted, of which was a multi-million dollar Monarch order that they should be in toward the end of the line in receiving, but the scuttlebutt is that they were the main order and will get theirs before individual orders.

Interesting! Three hours prior to the $1M USD transaction, this...

Re: Gigamining: Request for claims
October 21, 2013, 02:55:47 PM
Claims are now closed.

The law officer is the same used by the HashTrade two main principles going back several years: https://virtualprocessingsolutions.com/claims

qpage at mylawyr dot com

or

Law Offices of Carlos M. Fleites
ATTN: Quentin A. Page
407 Lincoln Road, Suite 12-E
Miami Beach, FL 33139
USA

True. And also interesting is that Gigavps is the CMO for HashTrade Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: