Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:47:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1259993 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:11:12 PM

@spondoolies

Will there be some kind of bonus for the guys who bought the first sp10/sp30 bundle? They payed around 9000$ per sp30 and those are now only 4500$.

These are your most loyal customers, who trusted you from the start and put their money where their mouth was.

Essentially they payed double the amount for only 2 weeks earlier delivery....

rule n°1: never rush in when it comes to buy mining gear. Tongue

true, that.

I thought rule n°1 was Never buy from BFL?
Followed closely behind by Never get involved in a land-war in Asia.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:12:53 PM

@spondoolies

Will there be some kind of bonus for the guys who bought the first sp10/sp30 bundle? They payed around 9000$ per sp30 and those are now only 4500$.

These are your most loyal customers, who trusted you from the start and put their money where their mouth was.

I like steep discounts like the next guy but you also need to think about existing customers.

These are the most loyal customers who bought a bundle because it seemed like the best deal. I hope spondoolies give them some kind of bonus or coupon, otherwise they would punish their earliest adopters.

Remember, these are the very first customers who preordered further into the future than anyone here.
Making them pay double for the sp30 delivered only two weeks early seems excessive.

They took the biggest risk and they should receive at least equal the hashpower as customers who buy gear just now.

Customers would not buy mining equipment if they knew that after 14 days spondoolies will give everyone a huge amount off, more than can be achieved by mining with your gear in that timeframe.

raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:16:25 PM

@spondoolies

I like steep discounts like the next guy but you also need to think about existing customers.

These are the most loyal customers who bought a bundle because it seemed like the best deal. I hope spondoolies give them some kind of bonus or coupon, otherwise they would punish their earliest adopters.

Remember, these are the very first customers who preordered further into the future than anyone here.

They took the biggest risk and they should receive at least equal the hashpower as customers who buy gear just now.

i disagree, when you make a purchase, you read the fine print, you weigh it up and you pull the trigger... you go into every transaction knowing what you are getting. The group buy was only offered at the price it achieved because of the volume being ordered in one single order (the single order being made by Roadstress on behalf of the community) - If the group buy was for an SP10 / SP30 bundle x 1 then the price would have been the same as that displayed on the website.

Volume = Discount.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:16:34 PM

@spondoolies

I'm sure Spondoolies would have given you similar discount if you bought 250 SP30's, or organized a group buy and sold 250 minimum.

you still have time to buy more by joining in current group buy sale before it closes in 3 hours.  
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:17:11 PM

@spondoolies

I'm sure Spondoolies would have given you similar discount if you bought 250 SP30's, or organized a group buy and sold 250 minimum.

you still have time to buy more by joining in current group buy sale before it closes in 3 hours.  

This.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Collider

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:23:19 PM

@spondoolies

This would be true if all units went to one customer.
However spondoolies has to manage shipping and payment on a per-customer basis.

I don´t demand anything, i would just like to hear from spondoolies regarding the topic.

These are the most loyal customers who bought their sp30 at~9000$ as part of a bundle.
Early adopters should be rewarded and not punished for making an order.
This is why i ask wether there will be any kind of bonus for these most loyal customers, who trusted spondoolies when they hadn´t shipped anything yet.
There wasn´t even the 10% off chance etc. at the beginning.

While i value the input from every community member regarding this topic, i actually just want a short statement from spondoolies.
I only posted it on the forums because i think many early adopters are wondering the same thing, and i value spondoolies as a company with great integrety.

I know of one community member who bought more than 10 of these bundles, and if i were him, this would be one of the most urgent questions for spondoolies, as without any offer, he would have overpayed by more than 45000$ on a bulk order, while every single customer buying just one unit only has to pay half the price now.
Collider

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:31:41 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 06:43:32 PM by Collider

While that is a great sales pitch, in reality every customer only has limited funds available, and unless he bought 50 units now, which would make overpaying by 4,5k on one unit a very minor disadvantage, he is still at a huge loss compared to every other customer as of now.

What do you recommend to community member "anarchy" who bought 22 of these bundles?
Place another 220 orders?

Again, the first customers also "payed" with more trust and punishing them for believing in a company wouldn´t be the right move in my opinion.

I am not demanding anything, i just hope that spondoolies will decide on offering these customers something to make them equally likely to ROI on their investment like everyone else.

frisco

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:38:39 PM

@spondoolies

I don´t demand anything, i would just like to hear from spondoolies regarding the topic.

These are the most loyal customers who bought their sp30 at~9000$ as part of a bundle.
This is why i ask wether there will be any kind of bonus for these most loyal customers, who trusted spondoolies when they hadn´t shipped anything yet.

While i value the input from every community member regarding this topic, i actually just want a short statement from spondoolies.
I only posted it on the forums because i think many early adopters are wondering the same thing, and i value spondoolies as a company with great integrety.

I must agree that group buy is a bit different, but we are talking about a 50% discount for people buying single orders.
Even if you compare with the SP10+SP30 in store right now you get a 3.300$ discount (or 22%) + one extra hosting month on each machine, even at 3 month contracts thats another 600$. So even with in store prices that's a 3900$ discount.

Even the evil apple usually offers something to the people that bought old generation items when a new one arrives or there is a price reduction.

Also take into account that most of us bought even before the test units arrived, we believed in SP and when the units arrived confirmed they were 100% legit, that group buy would be impossible without us taking the lead and adding trust to SP.

But as said, no one forced us to buy and we did on our own, so I don't demand anything.
wanna4fun

Activity: 119

noobie

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:46:45 PM

FYI, I noticed a drop in hashrate. Thought it was bad luck but the hash rate dropped a bit everyday. After a reboot, I'm back with fantastic hashrate : quiet mode runing @ 1.4+ TH/s and normal mode @1.55+ TH/s (one hour stats).
I advice a reboot -done in 60s- everyday for optimal hash rate.
Running version 1.2.35

I didn't see such system behaviour. It can be related to the way the pool computes hash-rate. Can you send me image of your hash graph to zvi@spondoolies-tech.com?

Regards`

Biffa was right, i have bad stats again on the pool...
the graph on miners show that the units are definitely stable and there is just a variation of few GH... I'm waiting for the power consumption graph from the DC tech team to confirm but I'm pretty sure that I'll switch pool.
However I'm currently mining on ghash.io and I tcp ping @ 100-170ms. On eligius I tcp ping @80-90ms. I'm gonna try eligius and confirm to you.

Wesly

Activity: 185

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 07:05:31 PM

@spondoolies

I know of one community member who bought more than 10 of these bundles, and if i were him, this would be one of the most urgent questions for spondoolies, as without any offer, he would have overpayed by more than 45000$ on a bulk order, while every single customer buying just one unit only has to pay half the price now.

Actually you guys had it backward, early adopters always paid more, because they have the privilege and distinction of receiving something new before everybody else ($5,000 Gold iPhone 5S).  So I am not sure why you guys would believe bitcoin miners behave any differently now that mining is becoming more mature and competitive (as opposed to the day when Avalon first arrived).

You paid more because it is the latest and greatest (for now), it will mine more coins, development/manufacturer cost need to be paid for.  And quite frankly, they are charging as much as their competitors and people are willing to pay at that time.  And guess what, if you think the price they charge is high, you can wait for the better deal.  Let some other suckers overpay or maybe there is none so the manufacturer will be forced to lower their prices, so you win in either case.

In the end, it doesn't really matter, with all of the new miners coming online.  KnC building as much Neptune for self-mining.  ASICMiner selling 100's of PH of chips.  Spondoolies-Tech will have no choice but to self-mine as margin is cutting to razor-thin level in a matter of months.  None of the current pre-orders will be closed to ROI.  There will be much better deals to be had by the end of the year if you are patient.
wanna4fun

Activity: 119

noobie

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:51:11 PM

FYI, I noticed a drop in hashrate. Thought it was bad luck but the hash rate dropped a bit everyday. After a reboot, I'm back with fantastic hashrate : quiet mode runing @ 1.4+ TH/s and normal mode @1.55+ TH/s (one hour stats).
I advice a reboot -done in 60s- everyday for optimal hash rate.
Running version 1.2.35

I didn't see such system behaviour. It can be related to the way the pool computes hash-rate. Can you send me image of your hash graph to zvi@spondoolies-tech.com?

Regards`

the graph on miners show that the units are definitely stable and there is just a variation of few GH... I'm waiting for the power consumption graph from the DC tech team to confirm but I'm pretty sure that I'll switch pool.
However I'm currently mining on ghash.io and I tcp ping @ 100-170ms. On eligius I tcp ping @80-90ms. I'm gonna try eligius and confirm to you.

for now, much much better : http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/13NWuCfiWzNxku12tJ2z6hRWVW2pZhUBpZ

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 08:05:35 PM

While that is a great sales pitch, in reality every customer only has limited funds available, and unless he bought 50 units now, which would make overpaying by 4,5k on one unit a very minor disadvantage, he is still at a huge loss compared to every other customer as of now.

What do you recommend to community member "anarchy" who bought 22 of these bundles?

Again, the first customers also "payed" with more trust and punishing them for believing in a company wouldn´t be the right move in my opinion.

I am not demanding anything, i just hope that spondoolies will decide on offering these customers something to make them equally likely to ROI on their investment like everyone else.

March SP10 + July SP30 are completely different products from May SP10 + August SP30, with or without group buy prices (which won't return)
Having said that, if you're unsatisfied, please contact sales@

Anarchy already did quite a lot BTCs from his March units. Hashing happily in a DC in Europe.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 08:32:28 PM

What is the warranty period you offer on new miners?
What is the process to return the miner back to you to fix it?
Do you send spare parts with instructions on self-fix or everything has to be done by you?

Our TOS: http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/pages/terms-of-sale

90 Days warranty.
We'll do cross shipment.
We'll do the fixing our self. In case of highly technical customer, we might guide him/her.

Until today, we didn't have to recall any miner. There were some minor issues we were able to solve remotely.
The system has a lot of redundancy built in, which allow compensation for problems like problematic ASIC(s).

For bulk customers, we did ship spare parts (like PSU, or even a miner if the order is large enough > 100)
The PSU MTBF is 5 years...

Hosting:
Have you thought about providing extended warranty for your hosted miners?
If I start with a hosting plan - I can just stop it whenver I want - pay you for shipping and send it out to me?

Interesting idea. We'll think about it for August time frame (SP30 in WA DC). Probably for additional cost.
The WA DC deal has 6 months minimum. For the Israeli DC - yes, you can stop hosting, pay for shipping and we'll ship it to wherever you'll choose.

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:50:10 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 11:13:52 PM by Biffa

for now, much much better : http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/13NWuCfiWzNxku12tJ2z6hRWVW2pZhUBpZ

Unfortunately none of the pools are immune, Eligius has been the recipient of a very nasty ddos almost constantly for over a month but luckily whizkid is keeping on top of it most of the time.

There is also a nasty man in the middle type attack going on on many miners on various pools redirecting miners to a third party pool. Check the eligius thread in the pools board here.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
anarchy

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:21:34 PM

March SP10 + July SP30 are completely different products from May SP10 + August SP30, with or without group buy prices (which won't return)
Having said that, if you're unsatisfied, please contact sales@

Anarchy already did quite a lot BTCs from his March units. Hashing happily in a DC in Europe.

It's a calculaton I made during the time I ordered the units, and I have to say that I'm very satisfied with the 22 SP10s.  The 2 week headstart might make a big difference.  That said, you are partially right on ordering those 220.  I used the group buy to get another bunch of units (which was discounted for existing customers), so my average is lower.
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:47:51 AM

after bitmain cointerra is shipping  from stock 1.6 th for 3.700.

so the time of faking customers and making them to kind of investomers, where all the risks of companys operations are given to the customer without profiting of his gain ARE OVER. I do hope no one will ever be fooled of preorders.

No pre-pay, no hoping of 'can they deliver in time', will the palastina conflict harm my delivery time without - for each day of delay compensation.

I do hope you can start selling your miners regularly and stop collecting money from the community.

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 07:57:23 AM

so the time of faking customers and making them to kind of investomers, where all the risks of companys operations are given to the customer without profiting of his gain ARE OVER. I do hope no one will ever be fooled of preorders.

No pre-pay, no hoping of 'can they deliver in time', will the palastina conflict harm my delivery time without - for each day of delay compensation.

I do hope you can start selling your miners regularly and stop collecting money from the community.

We've never faked a customer. Cointerra and Bitmain were discussed at length in the thread.
Please keep politics out of this thread.
If you're not interested in buying our products, no one is forcing you.

jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 02:15:28 PM

We've never faked a customer. Cointerra and Bitmain were discussed at length in the thread.

a question for you:

this :http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/2-units-of-sp10-dawson-may-batch

is this 2.8 TH/s for $7,995?

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:33:17 PM

Is there an estimated timeline available for Spondoolies to catch up with demand for their products and move to a shipping model that doesn't include pre-orders?
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 02:40:44 PM

a question for you:

this :http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/2-units-of-sp10-dawson-may-batch

is this 2.8 TH/s for $7,995?

SP10 is actually ~1.5TH/s, In addition we offer 10% discount with a proof of a previous purchase from other vendor. Just send an email to sales@spondoolies-tech.com with a proof of purchase and get a coupon.

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: