Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:47:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260000 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hardhouseinc

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 04:53:19 AM

Didn't a few people post in the SP30 GB that they anticipated up to 6.5THs on the SP30 with
good cold air intake and fine tune overclocking??

Zvisha?

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:55:19 AM

Has anyone replaced the stock fans yet so it doesn't sound like a jet plane? Or has anyone ran the the miner without the outer casing and/or the fans and used an alternative way of cooling? I doubt opening up the case and just sticking a couple powerful floor fans on it will do the trick, no? Smiley

One person responded with literally installing a radiator with temp gauges and all that. Thanks for that info but that's a little too much for me, and sounds just like the car "Back To The Future". I can't have that in the house. I envy the guys that have huge homes and girlfriends/wives that don't care. Lucky you!

I'll be posting the prices of the two SP10's that I have for sale. I'm in NJ and prefer you (the buyer) are to. No sense in shipping. I really love these things and how they operate. They seem very stable and the UI is great. Can't beat that automated firmware upgrade.

Good job Spondoolie-tech!

Thanks guys,

MD

I knew an arab guy who has 5 wives.  He has a noisy Sp10 but it is not as noisy as his wives.

Got any evidence?

Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:12:58 AM

Has anyone replaced the stock fans yet so it doesn't sound like a jet plane? Or has anyone ran the the miner without the outer casing and/or the fans and used an alternative way of cooling? I doubt opening up the case and just sticking a couple powerful floor fans on it will do the trick, no? Smiley

One person responded with literally installing a radiator with temp gauges and all that. Thanks for that info but that's a little too much for me, and sounds just like the car "Back To The Future". I can't have that in the house. I envy the guys that have huge homes and girlfriends/wives that don't care. Lucky you!

I'll be posting the prices of the two SP10's that I have for sale. I'm in NJ and prefer you (the buyer) are to. No sense in shipping. I really love these things and how they operate. They seem very stable and the UI is great. Can't beat that automated firmware upgrade.

Thanks guys,

MD

I knew an arab guy who has 5 wives.  He has a noisy Sp10 but it is not as noisy as his wives.

Got any evidence?
70dB with an annoying high pitched whine.  The SP10 is pretty loud too.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
kickdapa

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:27:35 AM

Thanks guys,

MD

Got any evidence?
70dB with an annoying high pitched whine.  The SP10 is pretty loud too.
Yip, I vouch for that. Say no more   Grin

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:13:33 AM

Didn't a few people post in the SP30 GB that they anticipated up to 6.5THs on the SP30 with

Zvisha?

Yes it was posted as potentially 6.5.

Was 5.4 now 6.0. Think that is good enough given the competition. And they haven't put chips to boards yet let us see what the Wizards do then they start testing them. August is still a few ticks away.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bitcoiner23

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:09:06 AM

I like the additional GH/s, but it's 300W more then announced. May soon kill a default 220V 16A outlet. (I've read 24/7 a default outlet shouldn't be over 2500W)
zvisha

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:32:52 AM

added a backup pool at 1 miner, restarted the miner and now it runs with 1.4 TH.

*edit*

it seems that the speed is climbing slowly. 1412.775 now

It looks like too high "start-voltage" in settings caused PSU to pop.

1) What is your voltage?
2) What overclocking settings did you put?
3) Can you please check if your PSU led is blinking?
4) Please post or send me your Asics page

Ok, please disable the over-clocking in case the problem persists. If you have 110V, I recommend NOT doing over-clocking on start-voltage - it won't help and it can cause problems.
zvisha

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:40:58 AM

Zvisha?

The numbers come from thermal simulations based on anticipated ASIC wattage etc`. Not my department.
You can ask me in August Smiley
zvisha

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:08:59 AM

Order:#1281

Could you also post Eligius live stats? I find it hard to believe it. No offense.

Issue resolved.
The start-voltage was set to 0.56V. That is too low for ASICs of low corner. Unfortunately, in this scenario ASICs have a frequency runaway.
I can discover this situation in SW by giving actual mining job but I never bothered. Maybe now I will add it.

Regards`
zvisha

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:10:52 AM

I like the additional GH/s, but it's 300W more then announced. May soon kill a default 220V 16A outlet. (I've read 24/7 a default outlet shouldn't be over 2500W)

People will be able to run it at lower power settings. We will keep the different modes.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 08:13:53 AM

Zvisha?

The numbers come from thermal simulations based on anticipated ASIC wattage etc`. Not my department.
You can ask me in August Smiley

I'm going to invent a NEW way to keep processing chips cool that cost no money doing it and make myself a billionaire.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 08:24:28 AM

People will be able to run it at lower power settings. We will keep the different modes.

The description for the SP30 Yukon from the website says, " All of these major improvements still allow us to maintain a slim 2 U case suitable for both home and data center hosting.", you really need to start pulling "home" out of the description at this level. I really can't imagine any home running one of these and sucking down 2800W and not having thermal/cooling issues.

Please keep in mind I'm speaking of homes in the US. If you are out of the US and can just plug one of these in an outlet and run with no problems then god bless you!

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
kickdapa

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:01:17 AM

The description for the SP30 Yukon from the website says, " All of these major improvements still allow us to maintain a slim 2 U case suitable for both home and data center hosting.", you really need to start pulling "home" out of the description at this level. I really can't imagine any home running one of these and sucking down 2800W and not having thermal/cooling issues.

Please keep in mind I'm speaking of homes in the US. If you are out of the US and can just plug one of these in an outlet and run with no problems then god bless you!

Antarctica ok?

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:20:42 AM

Is there a group buy link on the SP30 yet? saw a 400 order needed link to try and get sp15 at 2800 usd

wondering

Searing

No SP30 GB, only SP15!

Grix

Activity: 536

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 09:29:37 AM

Sneaky affiliate link, it's bad form to try to hide it with link shorteners.

Link shorteners are used to prevent spam. If I posted an update which no one found useful and never went it, it wouldn't get posted again. The affiliate link makes absolutely zero difference to the content, the description, the usefulness or the accuracy of the information.

The problem is that we don't know that. For all we know the link could have led to a wallet stealer infected site instantly redirecting to spondoolies. Also, is it ethically questionable: If you want to use affiliate links in your manufacturer comparison or setup guides, fine, you have worked for it and deserve it. But this was a low effort post which probably effectively snagged you some referral purchases that would would have happened without your involvement anyway. It's against the forum rules too, I believe.

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:37:13 AM

Link shorteners are used to prevent spam. If I posted an update which no one found useful and never went it, it wouldn't get posted again. The affiliate link makes absolutely zero difference to the content, the description, the usefulness or the accuracy of the information.

The problem is that we don't know that. For all we know the link could have led to a wallet stealer infected site instantly redirecting to spondoolies. Also, is it ethically questionable: If you want to use affiliate links in your manufacturer comparison or setup guides, fine, you have worked for it and deserve it. But this was a low effort post which probably effectively snagged you some referral purchases that would would have happened without your involvement anyway. It's against the forum rules too, I believe.

Give dogie some credit. He is the main reviewer here. He won't post links to a wallet stealer infected site. And forum rules state spamming. He only posted one single link. Let's move on to other stuff.

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:43:35 AM

Give dogie some credit. He is the main reviewer here. He won't post links to a wallet stealer infected site. And forum rules state spamming. He only posted one single link. Let's move on to other stuff.

Actually I like Dogie, like his reviews, like his attitude, but if anything, spamming a referral like that just doesn't do Dogie any favours really, makes him look cheap.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:22:16 AM

saw the SP15 groupbuy thread and my initial excitment tapered out a bit when i realised what the idea behind it was.

I thought it was an SP10 fit to the case of an SP30, thereby giving more room for airflow, allowing larger (ie: lower rpm/noise) fans, and maintain a reasonable power demand for a full rack of them (50kW/server rack gets some crazy looks from the colo people).

unfortunately, its just half of an SP30 in an SP30 case.

perhaps fitting SP10 hardware to a larger case, such as putting 3TH in a 3kW 2U or even 3U, would eliminate the noise and density concerns (mostly noise concerns, which could be drastically reduced using 60-80mm fans instead of 40mm)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:43:10 AM

Actually I like Dogie, like his reviews, like his attitude, but if anything, spamming a referral like that just doesn't do Dogie any favours really, makes him look cheap.

I must admit that he could post a small note regarding the affiliate link so that people know what they are getting into...

CroverNo01

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:18:14 PM

September is a very long way away from now Sad  Undecided
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: