Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:07:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260002 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:24:39 AM

Also, you have to consider temperature increases and statistical variance of hashing speed etc.
It is normal that the hashrate can go down by 30-100 GH if the unit gets warmer (e.g by 7 degrees....).

crap...what is the best temp for say sp30 (ball park guess?).... decided to stick the sp30 sept and the Titan KNC miner
in bsmt ....(cheapo.....figured 40 days of cooling vs 2-3 months heat in winter)  .prob was not my wisest move

in other words just from the get go should I have something like the window a/c unit (with say looped flex a/c type tube 16") from
front of regular basement window...about 3'ft across ceiling and then just drape the last 3 ft straight down over the sp30 unit?

would 'baby' purr better? (ie how cold is too cold or don't matter)

maybe i should just shoot for overkill in the first place (doable if a pain in the a*s)

(well..this project certainly is getting out of control)

Searing

If you have an attick, don't install any gable fans. I would definitely go for one of those full house fans that usually sit on your roof in the middle of the attick. If you get one powerful enough it can pull and circulate the air in your house in a matter of minutes. I've seen some so powerful that if you open up the access panel to the attick while the fan is on and toss a tissue in the air it will get swept up into the attack. Negative air pressure is what you want of course for that air circulation. I learned my lesson with this by installing gable fans on both ends of my attick and basically nothing happened. Too bad those evaporative fans don't work good in the summer.

sorry I was unclear by 'attic fans' i ment the fans you are refering to but plan to put them in bsmt windows (cold limestone bsmt) and use them to push/pull or whatever air thru the bsmt on those days it makes sense to do so..if there is a particular attic type fan (type not actully in the attic I just call them that) anyway a 'fan' that would work better to get air flow in and out of the bsmt on those days it makes sense please refer me to such (all you gpu guys had to get heat out of the bsmt somehow)

but arriving in august titan and sept sp30 i suspect there will be 30 days or so where just plan ass a/c window unit gets cranked up....no real sense in dragging in  humid 95F degree heat in the bsmt till bsmt is 94F and humid and then pushing it out again ..at that point it will be the 10k btu a/c window unit vs the 4000 watts from the miners in heat (ie equiv of fighing a 4000 watt space heater)

let the better device win (man it will be like trying to heat your house with the windows open same logic)

anyway over kill it is...may not need window a/c unit for some sweltering days better to set it up ahead of time as a failsafe..would have been nice to have central air

(alas those $$$ went into miners heh)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:37:05 AM

Lost the post where it showed the power plugs...they are just standard 220v usa type power plugs correct?

anyway a pic of the end that goes in the socket would help seems there are 4 types at the local Menard hardware chain
pretty sure 3 are just exotic..but best to make sure

so don't know if I need something exotic of the 3 or not?

(thought I had this thread saved with pics but can't remember nor find..the mind is going)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
psahx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:26:51 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 06:48:09 AM by psahx

Lost the post where it showed the power plugs...they are just standard 220v usa type power plugs correct?

anyway a pic of the end that goes in the socket would help seems there are 4 types at the local Menard hardware chain

(thought I had this thread saved with pics but can't remember nor find..the mind is going)

Searing

You will need a standard 14AWG mickey mouse power cable

IEC320-C13 PSU cord.
jtoomim

Activity: 818
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 05:52:03 PM

at that point it will be the 10k btu a/c window unit vs the 4000 watts from the miners in heat (ie equiv of fighing a 4000 watt space heater)

let the better device win (man it will be like trying to heat your house with the windows open same logic)

10,000 BTU/hr is 2930 watts.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=10000+btu%2Fhr+in+watts

If you want to get an idea of how hot your basement will be with 4 kW of miners and 2.9 kW of AC, you can try sticking a 1.1 kW space heater (or miner) in there and letting it run without AC. This won't be exact, since the airflow from the window with the AC unit will be different, but it will be a reasonable approximation.

Hosting bitcoin miners for $65 to $80/kW/month on clean, cheap hydro power.
http://Toom.im
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 09:21:42 PM

at that point it will be the 10k btu a/c window unit vs the 4000 watts from the miners in heat (ie equiv of fighing a 4000 watt space heater)

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=10000+btu%2Fhr+in+watts

If you want to get an idea of how hot your basement will be with 4 kW of miners and 2.9 kW of AC, you can try sticking a 1.1 kW space heater (or miner) in there and letting it run without AC. This won't be exact, since the airflow from the window with the AC unit will be different, but it will be a reasonable approximation.
One thing is for sure, all of us miners are going to have one happy winter with our warm families sitting around enjoying the heck out of the nice comfortable warm house.  

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 09:41:01 PM

Maybe Spondoolies should move to China. Could help with their lead times in ordering parts.
The longest lead time part is the ASIC. It has nothing to do with China.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 09:44:44 PM

... Hamas is going to blow the fuck out of my $100,000 investment?  I sure hope bombs flying overhead doesn't slow down production much. ...

Son-of-a-bitch!!!  Now they are shooting from Lebanon too!!!  Please, please, please don't hit the miners at the shipping facility. 

What is your order number ?

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:29:51 PM

Maybe Spondoolies should move to China. Could help with their lead times in ordering parts.
The longest lead time part is the ASIC. It has nothing to do with China.

Intel is next to them... or TMSC, Taiwan... Huh

ZiG
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:11:43 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 03:24:22 AM by Searing

Searing

You will need a standard 14AWG mickey mouse power cable.

thanks that is what had me confused ...just a standard 3 prong plug cable the ones I looked at menards were had
the other 3 varieties..thanks a simple thing really but using air compressors and other such 220v stuff always
had the 1 blade sideways so I was kinda scratching my head

now just have to turn my (now somewhat open) room in bsmt into my version of a 'wine cellar' with a/c unit
er what do we call such now a 'bitminer cellar" weirdness

pain in the butt this will be (good to have goals keeps me off the street scaring small children with
my mumbling to self have to do this/that/coinbase accnt verify/bsmt wired setup/etc

the men with the nets and the rubber truck would otherwise already have me

Searing

good point will do so ..my train of thought now is to just put the air conditioner in and the fans etc and be ready...the a/c unit may be over kill
but I have a 10k unit given to me just sitting around just get it in now ..even if i don't have to use it ...as a 'fail safe' just in case kinda thing

but yeah the wiring and using some temp sheet rock to fill in some spaces and actually room it out (with cistern 3/4 high wall) almost there and
will have to add door to a sorta incomplete doorframe..

again just in case...air flow will be preferred but still have to get elec to say 3 casement windows 1 for a/c unit and 2 for the fan (hopeful) flow thru
idea

anyway if the a/c is un-needed so be it ..mostly that will be their for insurance and the temp wall/room hack....will not want to mess with stuff
after the Titan and then the sp30 arrives

'supposedly' my (no forced air heat/or a/c in house a boiler) my 100am service (modern 30 slot is it?) panel for the house should work well

and again for those doing the same you need to contact your elec provider they 'can' give commercial rates even if you are in your house and
it is residential (also helpful so they don't look at your elec bill and think you are growing weed in the bsmt with glow lights)

the go buy pop a watt meter on biz related stuff a/c /fans/miners/ latops/ etc and then you can figure out if it is worth going commercial rates

there is NO budget plan you pay month to month and 'fees' are higher but it is likely according to the rep I talked to all in all I will save 3c kwh
off my 15c kwh current bill

also don't forget this trick the elec company 'says' the kwh rate for me residential is .086c kwh when you figure it from the bill/taxes/fees etc
it is almost exactly 0.15c kwh...so remember that

anyway most of you are smart enough to co-locate..me say end of oct/nov it is heat for the house thus why I'm doing this (or so my deluded
mind thinks)

Searing

ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:53:37 AM

@ Searing ...

Where are you at, buddy...US...I guess...which state...I would like to know how do to apply for "commercial rate"... Grin

I am with  Duke Energy...East Coast...could NOT find this info...

Thanks...
psahx

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:25:52 AM

thanks that is what had me confused ...just a standard 3 prong plug cable the ones I looked at menards were had
the other 3 varieties..thanks a simple thing really but using air compressors and other such 220v stuff always

Oh, if you mean specific outlet type, check out this article.

You have to decide, what type of outlet you are going to use. Look for the max AMPs. Also I do not remember how many units you have ordered, will you be using a PDU or not? It depends on so many things. Are you going to have a sub-panel dedicated to 220V? Or you are going to use the three phase 208V? There are so many variables, that makes very hard to give you an advice.

It would be better to talk to your electrician, or to the person, who is going to run your wiring and figure it out with him. Then, based on your outlet type, you can choose appropriate power cable.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 04:47:29 AM

With new friends:

Yingfei Li, Bitmain
Xiang Liao ("Jack"), lightningasic CEO
Alex Kampl, Allied Control

Not in the picture:
David Fan, Bitquan ("AM") General Manager
Rock Xie and Alex Lam of RockMiner

Had a great time.

Guy

Small debt, pictures with Rock Xie of RockMiner:

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:14:26 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 05:37:52 AM by Searing

@ Searing ...

Where are you at, buddy...US...I guess...which state...I would like to know how do to apply for "commercial rate"... Grin

I am with  Duke Energy...East Coast...could NOT find this info...

Thanks...

i just called a rep from the elec company i'm in the midwest...NSP or xcel I think it is called now

that is what the rep told me ...someone comes by and looks you have to have like more then your residence would normally use
to get these rates thou

it maybe too much a pain in the ass but when the equip is up/here and running i will follow thru...anyway what i supposedly know so far

Searing

Oh, if you mean specific outlet type, check out this article.

You have to decide, what type of outlet you are going to use. Look for the max AMPs. Also I do not remember how many units you have ordered, will you be using a PDU or not? It depends on so many things. Are you going to have a sub-panel dedicated to 220V? Or you are going to use the three phase 208V? There are so many variables, that makes very hard to give you an advice.

It would be better to talk to your electrician, or to the person, who is going to run your wiring and figure it out with him. Then, based on your outlet type, you can choose appropriate power cable.

well this is a lot of work just to get a 220v circuit...only reason I want 220v is it is what they recommend as more efficient I guess..so question becomes
do I just need to get the proper cord for the sp30 off amazon...or is this a done deal and they plan on sending a 220v with the sideways plug usa
version with their sp30's?...I guess you can run them at 120v but gonna wire the beastie anyway may as well do what is most efficient etc.

but kinda confused in that I think they said they came with a regular 3 prong plug (mickey mouse plug) so can't see how that is supposed to work
if you want 220v in usa...unless i'm supposed to just get a regular cord instead of the 3 prong cord that supposedly comes
with the sp30? ...ie my problem if I plan to use 220v circuit in usa.....

so basically just a 220v 20 amp circuit for each sp30 power supply is all I'm looking for of a standard 100amp service 1 circuit each may as well they will plug in
below the panel..this is the bottleneck or I missed the memo or something

anyway thus my confusion to add to my confusion I ordered this says it is a 220v circuit but again has 3 prong plug (mickey mouse) in the pic
triplite 220v iso bar...did not see this till after it has been sent it arrives on tuesday

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-ISOBAR4-220-Protector/dp/B00006HZ4N/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405228756&sr=8-1&keywords=tripp+lite+220v

so I wonder if that has to sent back because is it  for use for plugging into a 220/240v circuit and then changing it for use with 120v reg 3 prong plugs circuit
or is the PIC wrong?

seems kinda stupid to pay 100 bucks to an electrician (min house call) to ask about plugs on the end of a unit that is not here yet? This should be doable
even my my dense self.....

here is that chart again http://wiki.robotz.com/index.php/Electrical_Outlet_Types_of_North_America

perhaps I am supposed to dig up a 'legacy' version I see here 220v for residential use....probably I just need to get the proper
cord for the wall socket I use on my own dime in the USA that seems to be the easiest solution (again unless I missed the memo
and it comes with a 120v mickey mouse 3 prong cord and also a 220v sideways slot version we see here in usa...unsure

anyway it is now a quest to figure it out (in conjunction with the trip lite isobar 240v above which shows mickey mouse plugs...sigh)

Searing

psahx

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:52:19 AM

Searing

I am not really sure, if I got you right, 'cause my brain hurts, when I read more than one paragraph of your limerick. Sorry, if I sound rude, I really do apologise, but I can't take it anymore, seriously.

Just do the wiring, then you will figure out what kind of outlet you have. From that point on, you will be able to figure out, which power cord you need.

Cheers!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:00:23 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 06:18:31 AM by Searing

Searing

I am not really sure, if I got you right, 'cause my brain hurts, when I read more than one paragraph of your limerick. Sorry, if I sound rude, I really do apologise, but I can't take it anymore, seriously.

Just do the wiring, then you will figure out what kind of outlet you have. From that point on, you will be able to figure out, which power cord you need.

Cheers!

yeah sorry no one else to rant with on this ....this whole bitcoin enterprise would be a lot more fun with some others involved..at the present time
even with the common belief amongst my friends/peers and others...."I'm stupid" to be doing bitcoin..so kinda out on my own all this stuff..

guess the 'shunning is getting to me" will contact spondoolies and/or just wire everything up and do plug last in the wall last I guess...

Searing

p.s. sent a question to spondoolies on this but if I remember right they come with 2 versions of cord..they are both mickey mouse 3 prong but how they
fit in the unit is different...hell maybe I supposed to run the dang SP30 at 120v ...perhaps I am mixing this up with another vendor
anyway thanks for the helps so far espeically on the cooling issues to those who pm'd me

psahx

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:16:36 AM

You are not on your own, we will help you here. You just have so much confusing questions... Do it step by step:

1. Decide if you want to run 110V or 220/208V.
2. Do the calculations to figure out how many AMPS you will need.
3. Talk to an electrician, tell him what exactly you need, e.g. "I need 60 AMPS total to feed 4X 15 AMP 220V outlets. How much it will cost me?"
4. Consider again, if you want to run 110 or 220.
5. Pay the electrician, make him do the wiring, panel, subpanel whatever. Do this before your SP30 ships to you.
6. Get the type of your outlet and buy the cord.

OR

Choose a hosting option from here, and forget about everything I wrote above. If you do not have free (or very cheap) electricity, of course Smiley
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:46:27 AM

Very cool.
That must have been a fun meeting of minds.

With new friends:

Yingfei Li, Bitmain
Xiang Liao ("Jack"), lightningasic CEO
Alex Kampl, Allied Control

Not in the picture:
David Fan, Bitquan ("AM") General Manager
Rock Xie and Alex Lam of RockMiner

Had a great time.

Guy

Small debt, pictures with Rock Xie of RockMiner:

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:01:13 AM

ok i appreciate everyones help....I have come to the conclusions below on the whole power cord issue

I have come to the conclusion I have 2 choices of cords (someone said the units are not likely to come with power

cords (his sp10 did not) because units are ment for a data center ..

Also thanks for the help  PSAHX! one of those problems I could not get my head around...in that I figured they must be sending
power cords with the sp30 and it was just a matter of figuring out which kiind....live and learn...

so this below would work for 120v 20amp circuit  if I wish to run the sp30 as such (which I assume I can) each power supply at 120/20amp circuit (each power supply)

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-P007-006-Power-5-15P/dp/B0027JRMD0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405244913&sr=8-1&keywords=60320-c13+125v

and this would work should I want to run the Sp30 at 220v (which I assume I can also set it at) using this cable below on 220v/20amp circuits (each power supply)

http://www.amazon.com/Lynn-Electronics-C13620P15A-10F-60320-C13-10-Feet/dp/B0093WFT5C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405244272&sr=8-1&keywords=c13+to+c14+to+620p

I realize there is a possibility of a diff connection type to the actual SP30 box itself (don't know the name) but it looks like this

_

_   _    I assume if that is the case i can also find this end and get it with the 2 ends above if need be as a work around if that is the case

thanks after thinking about all this if there are TWO power supplies on the SP30 at around 1250 each I guess there is no reason
not to simply run the two power supplies on a 120v 20amp circuit each (what the heck they can have their own 20amp breaker and the
wire run is under my panel pretty much anyway to the outlets ..even if their own circuit is overkill)

anyway assuming I have a handle on the above all is good now? Thanks for everyone's help on this and the cooling issues....out in the sticks here...

Searing

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:32:42 AM

i just called a rep from the elec company i'm in the midwest...NSP or xcel I think it is called now

Ah a Minnesotan! That would explain your, um... quirkiness. Lol.

No offense meant. I'm originally from that icebox hell myself. But my brain thawed when I went to some tropical beach for vacation and I finally realized, "Why the fuck do people live here?!" and never went back... except for funerals and weddings. Unfortunately nobody I know is getting married but everyone is dying.  Sad
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:38:07 AM

Ah a Minnesotan! That would explain your, um... quirkiness. Lol.

No offense meant. I'm originally from that icebox hell myself. But my brain thawed when I went to some tropical beach for vacation and I finally realized, "Why the fuck do people live here?!" and never went back... except for funerals and weddings. Unfortunately nobody I know is getting married but everyone is dying.  Sad

yep Minnesotan...everyone eats a big feast after any funeral (the small marshmellows in jello salad is 'manditory' at every funeral and everyone talks over each other in conversations......(sigh)

Searing

Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: