Bitcoin Forum
February 18, 2020, 03:12:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.0.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: At Which Percentage Profit Would You Sell Your Bitcoin?  (Read 203 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (4 posts by 4 users deleted.)
JollyGood

Activity: 994
Merit: 743

Promote your business here

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 11:00:32 PM

I have to admit that I try to keep most of my BTC for at least 5-10 years from now, because like some people in this forum, I understand the huge potential of BTC in the future. But on the other hand, I want to support BTC as a currency as well, so I spend part on various online purchases and payments.

I personally didn't sell anything in 2017 when BTC was at its peak, and I consider this a small mistake that I will not repeat the next time. The reason is very simple, anyone who sold 1 BTC at the end of 2017 could buy 6+ BTC with that money one year after that.

Since I am spending coins that are in some ways collected during 2015/2016, I have no problem with the profit percentage, it is above all my expectations.

That is a common gripe we all have I suppose. The fact we could have sold at a particular price high but either did not sell (or did not sell enough) is always one that bugs people from time to time. I have had several issues like that to deal with.

The fact you would want to buy and keep most or all of your BTC for a good 5-10 years means you have a fixed plan so good for you, I wish you hit those targets but between 5-10 years of holding if you sold (part or all of your) Bitcoin would you look at the then market value in USD$ or rather the percentage gained from your initial investment that made up your mind to sell?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.