Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:53:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Monero, Dash, Zcash, And Other Private Coins Be Delisted?  (Read 237 times)
-Multivitamina- (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2020, 09:39:26 PM

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies draw more and more attention from regulators and politicians around the world. Governments openly pursue monitoring of transactions. They tend to restrict or ban digital currencies that make the monitoring job harder.

The most well-known example is the set of guidelines for the cryptoindustry released by the FATF. According to the document, Bitcoin exchanges and other Virtual Asset Service Provides have to observe KYC, AML, and CFT procedures like traditional finance companies. However, the decentralized nature of cryptocurrencies gets in the way of observing the guidelines to the letter.

In Bitcoin and some other altcoins there are ways to implement at least some form of surveillance. But when it comes to so-called “anonymous cryptocurrencies” this isn’t exactly the case.

Several recent cases show that some trading platforms aren’t going to bother and will simply delist problematic coins. On September 30th, a large Korean exchange Upbit delisted Monero (XMR), Dash (DASH), Zcash (ZEC), Haven (XHV), BitTube (TUBE), and PIVX. On October 10th, another Korean exchange OKEx did the same. In both cases, the exchanges acted because of the inability to observe FATF recommendations.

This is an interesting precedent that may have a significant influence on anonymous cryptocurrencies. Some experts suggest that mass delistings may leave such coins in oblivion.

Is it that bad?

https://forklog.media/will-monero-dash-zcash-and-other-private-coins-be-delisted/

forklog.media — What's up with crypto and why it's important

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nxnqauff

Activity: 840
Merit: 17

PG-PAY Gold Backed Token

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 09:41:09 PM

I don't think about delisting all of sudden. still regulators are not even near to making some first hand decisions. Then how come they are start acting upon privacy coins?

●   GOLD-BACKED TOKEN   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  First Payment Gateway To Use  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  PGPAY  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
-Multivitamina- (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2020, 09:45:45 PM

I don't think about delisting all of sudden. still regulators are not even near to making some first hand decisions. Then how come they are start acting upon privacy coins?
Well, what about the SEC in terms of decisions, then?

forklog.media — What's up with crypto and why it's important
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 10:18:53 PM

They are free to do it, not every exchange will delist these privacy coins. But if they have to, it means that it's not their personal decision but they have a government to comply with the set rules and regulations for the coins that they're regulating.
It's business and they don't want something to interfere with their operation and if they are required to do it, they'll do it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 11:06:28 PM

Regulators are not the same all over the world. This FATF is also not accepted by all countries.

It's obvious not all cryptocurrencies will want to obey the rules but that doesn't mean they'll be banned from every place. There's a market for privacy coins and even if some pussy countries like Korea ban them there will be plenty of other countries that won't.
Fallenkeith2019

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 11:19:48 PM

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies draw more and more attention from regulators and politicians around the world. Governments openly pursue monitoring of transactions. They tend to restrict or ban digital currencies that make the monitoring job harder.

The most well-known example is the set of guidelines for the cryptoindustry released by the FATF. According to the document, Bitcoin exchanges and other Virtual Asset Service Provides have to observe KYC, AML, and CFT procedures like traditional finance companies. However, the decentralized nature of cryptocurrencies gets in the way of observing the guidelines to the letter.

In Bitcoin and some other altcoins there are ways to implement at least some form of surveillance. But when it comes to so-called “anonymous cryptocurrencies” this isn’t exactly the case.

Several recent cases show that some trading platforms aren’t going to bother and will simply delist problematic coins. On September 30th, a large Korean exchange Upbit delisted Monero (XMR), Dash (DASH), Zcash (ZEC), Haven (XHV), BitTube (TUBE), and PIVX. On October 10th, another Korean exchange OKEx did the same. In both cases, the exchanges acted because of the inability to observe FATF recommendations.

This is an interesting precedent that may have a significant influence on anonymous cryptocurrencies. Some experts suggest that mass delistings may leave such coins in oblivion.

Is it that bad?

https://forklog.media/will-monero-dash-zcash-and-other-private-coins-be-delisted/

True, but its also true that bitcoin has withstood the test of time
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 11:20:04 PM

I believe in the future the volumes of the anonymous coins will be concentrated into the decentralized exchange site or small exchange sites as the major companies must deal with the regulators and i believe if the regulators will order those exchange sites to eliminate the anonymous coins from their ecosystems.
It will happen for exchange sites which wanna comply with the regulation and anonymous coins will be delisted from such exchange site.
it's easy to predict where will it be going on.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 11:20:16 PM

Never thought about this, but now I think that scenario looks quite probable... But I think there always will be many small noname exchanges where you can sell your coins.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2020, 11:21:35 PM

Is it that bad?

damn thats crazy, i hope this dosent effect the market price wise, but imagine the trickle down effect of 3 or 4 of those coins being delisted on major exchanges :O
is this the government protecting the people? implementing anti laundering things? or just another power grab of a scared dying fossilized system?
sadly if they REALLY want to, they could ban all these coins, and the markets would implode i fear Sad

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 12:33:29 AM

They are free to do it, not every exchange will delist these privacy coins. But if they have to, it means that it's not their personal decision but they have a government to comply with the set rules and regulations for the coins that they're regulating.
It's business and they don't want something to interfere with their operation and if they are required to do it, they'll do it.

It's like they are hostage against their will and their decision is based on their compliant to government set of rules, we want anonymity and decentralization but the government is thinking the other way, because it would mean greater freedom and no censorship and so far government is winning.

Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 12:37:51 AM

Never thought about this, but now I think that scenario looks quite probable... But I think there always will be many small noname exchanges where you can sell your coins.
yes this is the only option to have those coins active trade. All exchange that follow all regulation of thier state should follow also the law if they need to delist a coins in thier exchange they need to delist it.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

Aabcde

Activity: 1050
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 01:49:56 AM

The exchange is certainly delisted because there are several factors that are urged from outside, such as the government for example.
On the other hand, there is actually nothing wrong with private coins, but sometimes the users are wrong. Some people think that private coins can be used for money laundring, terrorist financing and other crimes. In fact all coins can do that besides private coins.

▄▄█████   ▄▄█████   ▄▄█████  ▄▀▄
    ███████▌  ███████▌  ███████▌  ▀▄▀
   ████████  ████████  ████████   ▐▌
  ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▄▄ █
  ████████  ████████  ████████ ██▐▌
 ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▐█▀
 ████████  ████████  ████████
▐███████  ▐███████  ▐███████
█████▀▀   █████▀▀   █████▀▀
Metaspins 

▄▄█████▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄
 ▄▄███████  ████  █████
▐██▀▀██████████████████▌
 ██▄▄██  ██▀▀███████████
 ▐█████████▄▄████████  █▌
  ██  ███████████████████
  ▐███████████▀▀▀███████▀
   ▀█████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀
2,500+
GAMES

█████████████████████████████
█████████ █████████ █████████
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
███▀▀▀███ ███▀▀▀███ ████▄████
████▀▄███ ████▀▄███ █████████
████▄████ ████▄████ ███▀▀▀███
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
█████████ █████████ █████████
█████████████████████████████
EARN UP TO 57% RAKEBACK
WAGER FREE!
         ▄███▄▄▄
    ▄███████████████▄
    ██████████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████
    ███████████████████
    ███████████████████
   █
█████████████████
  ██
█████████████
 ███
█████████████████
████
█████████████
▀▀██
████████████████
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀███▀
1 Click Registration
Instant Payouts
[
]
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2020, 02:23:39 AM

If written off, I don't think it will happen, because such coins have their own markets, there are still many exchanges that accept coin exchange transactions. Regulation must be obeyed because Upbit and OKEx exchanges are official exchanges, of course they are subject to regulations
Fallenkeith2019

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 02:29:07 AM

If written off, I don't think it will happen, because such coins have their own markets, there are still many exchanges that accept coin exchange transactions. Regulation must be obeyed because Upbit and OKEx exchanges are official exchanges, of course they are subject to regulations

i think so too tbh, theres many smaller exchanges too
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 04:13:10 AM

Soon or later, privacy coins will get delisted from most of the centralized exchanges, the regulators will push hard to do it! But that won't kill the privacy coin's reputation, we may see more exchanges or dex exchanges based on only privacy coins! Even I think this the right time for Dash, or Monero to come with a DEX exchange for all the privacy coins!

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 04:14:17 AM

If governments really begin to pressure exchanges then the most popular ones are going to drop privacy coins but there are always going to be some exchanges out there that will allow you to sell those coins, besides if bitcoin is difficult to stop then those coins are impossible to stop and will always hold some value in the market due to their technology, but if anyone is holing a few of those coins not because of their properties but as an investment it could be a good idea to begin to get rid of them.
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 07:02:44 AM

All crypto are decentralized and have an anonymous nature, including bitcoin, so whether we know every bitcoin holder, of course not. Delisted anonymous coins from several exchanges is their attempt to control crypto and this will make it centralized. For what is decentralized, if finally all our activities and privacy are known and controlled by them.
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2020, 01:47:17 AM

i think so too tbh, theres many smaller exchanges too

if the official exchange refuses, we can still do transactions on small exchange which are usually not official, not subject to regulation. Because this type of coin has its own market that desperately needs privacy
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 02:13:28 AM

if the excahnge's has been regulated by goverment, they must be legal activity too, they must report to goverment for each "suspicious activity" . the "anon transaction" feature from all altcoin above is the main reason to delist them. but if the exchange still unregulated + decentralized, goverment can't stop them to list any coin.

tracking transaction is very important for goverment, they can get tax income, they can track any "terorism fund", or illegal activity too.
Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2020, 02:24:54 AM

All crypto are decentralized and have an anonymous nature, including bitcoin, so whether we know every bitcoin holder, of course not. Delisted anonymous coins from several exchanges is their attempt to control crypto and this will make it centralized. For what is decentralized, if finally all our activities and privacy are known and controlled by them.
above coin is completely anonymous different from bitcoin the transaction screen is always on blockchain but the above coin is not have transaction screen that can be known by public ,you might forget crypto is identical to the blackmarket and coin at above as a fully anonymous service provider which makes it very popular with mafia holder I think will not be delisted because those are interested are still among to this private coin

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀