Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:06:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The 10,000 Doge Conspiracy  (Read 382 times)
Rich_Whiteman (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 09:35:02 PM

I've been pouring over these 10,000 doge coins from CryptoImperator. They're nice looking, funny little pieces of history, and I've been thinking about getting one. I was looking back at some older auctions and sales and noticed something odd. In a recent sale here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5314696.0 I noticed what appears to be a scratch on either the coin or its case. The bottom right coin. I asked in thread but got no response. I didn't think much of it and moved on. Going through older sales i saw the same scratch again here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316046.0.  No big deal right? The coin is getting around.  Then the scratched coin showed up again.  This time from CI himself! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316158.0;all Can you spot it? CI appears to sell the coin peeled and unfunded on 02/10 and the most recent post is from 04/02 funded.  The last 2 links are from the same day, so are there multiple coins with this scratch? I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation. An imperfection in the mintage perhaps.  Anyone else have one of these with this scratch/marking?  I'm half joking with all of this, but what's up with this scratch!?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slimzak

Activity: 570
Merit: 82

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 09:55:49 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2021, 10:15:41 PM by slimzak

This coin shall now be known as the infamous  CryptoImperator scratched Dogecoin.
blucepheus
Copper Member

Activity: 531
Merit: 212

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 10:08:42 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2021, 10:43:11 PM by blucepheus

I own many and have noted the striations you're referring to. They are definitely not surface scratches, but rather a product of the minting process I suspect; CI can speak to whether they are intentional or not.

The 10,000 Doge coin is one of the most beautiful coins I've ever seen.

Doge to the mooooooon  Grin

-bc
Rich_Whiteman (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 10:14:20 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I'm gonna go hang up my Indiana Jones hat.
slimzak

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 10:17:47 PM

I agree with blue, it's most likely not the same coin as multiple coins have had some form of scratch. It's too bad cause I wanted to hunt down the person who owns it and buy it from them
Steeley

Activity: 1123
Merit: 265

Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 04:46:09 AM

This is relevant to me because I actually bought the coin with the so called scratch in the recent auction. I just received it and examined it under magnification and can confirm what a few people have already said. A scratch would mean that metal is scraped away in that area from post mint damage. The line on the coin is not recessed, but a raised area of extra metal that occurs when the die stamping the coins has a scratch or a break in it. My best guess (since I have seen some of these coins without the crack) is that the die started to become damaged as the coins were made.

This coin needs a nickname. The dog on this coin is a tougher dog than the others and has a scar to prove it.

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 03:50:01 PM

This is relevant to me because I actually bought the coin with the so called scratch in the recent auction. I just received it and examined it under magnification and can confirm what a few people have already said. A scratch would mean that metal is scraped away in that area from post mint damage. The line on the coin is not recessed, but a raised area of extra metal that occurs when the die stamping the coins has a scratch or a break in it. My best guess (since I have seen some of these coins without the crack) is that the die started to become damaged as the coins were made.

This coin needs a nickname. The dog on this coin is a tougher dog than the others and has a scar to prove it.

Good observation. Cheesy The "scarred doge" shall we call it from now on?
Steeley

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 07:04:04 PM

Good observation. Cheesy The "scarred doge" shall we call it from now on?

I like it! We'll see if it sticks. I will post a close up picture of it.

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
Steeley

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 07:32:14 PM

Here is closer image

https://imgur.com/a/v6kAsxc

slimzak

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 08:16:58 PM

Steeley, that's awesome. How many others have a scar in that area just like that?
CryptoImperator
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1312

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2021, 08:18:48 PM

This is indeed correct, these Dogecoins were the first coin ever released by CI, the intention was to make an affordable and attractive token to attract people to the Doge-world, as many coins were minted (~450) the die degraded and some came with that battle scar, for the 100 coin limited edition coins were manually selected to be as flawless as possible. So the scarred coins are mainly of the normal edition.

I will not PM you with other accounts, double check via mail or Twitter that you are dealing with the correct account. Be careful, I will not send you any links.
WhyFhy

Activity: 1430
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 08:54:28 PM

@CryptoImperator do you have an idea of how many of these are like this?
Lets call em whisker coins the scratches kind of look like whiskers!

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
/]..[banned mixer]..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
/]YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
CryptoImperator
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1312

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2021, 09:13:00 PM

@CryptoImperator do you have an idea of how many of these are like this?
Lets call em whisker coins the scratches kind of look like whiskers!

I don't know how many there are.

I will not PM you with other accounts, double check via mail or Twitter that you are dealing with the correct account. Be careful, I will not send you any links.
Tim101

Activity: 84
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 02:25:59 AM

I have several of these. No scratches
Tim101

Activity: 84
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 02:27:17 AM

This is indeed correct, these Dogecoins were the first coin ever released by CI, the intention was to make an affordable and attractive token to attract people to the Doge-world, as many coins were minted (~450) the die degraded and some came with that battle scar, for the 100 coin limited edition coins were manually selected to be as flawless as possible. So the scarred coins are mainly of the normal edition.

Much WOW
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: