Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:51:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion: nuke Sent feedback from Nuked users  (Read 720 times)
LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16596

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2019, 06:37:30 AM

~ I can see there being unintended negative consequences as a result of nuking trust ratings from banned users. I would support this being done say before they become a senior member or something such as that
This topic isn't about all banned (Autobanned) users, only Newbies can be nuked (meaning all their posts are deleted when they get banned). Anyone from Jr. Member and up can't be nuked, unless a Mod manually removes enough of their posts to derank them back to Newbie.

Is there a reason why trust comments cannot be edited, only deleted?
Without an edit history, it would be unclear what you wrote at which date.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

Activity: 1922
Merit: 1230

AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 07:24:03 PM

~ I can see there being unintended negative consequences as a result of nuking trust ratings from banned users. I would support this being done say before they become a senior member or something such as that
This topic isn't about all banned (Autobanned) users, only Newbies can be nuked (meaning all their posts are deleted when they get banned). Anyone from Jr. Member and up can't be nuked, unless a Mod manually removes enough of their posts to derank them back to Newbie.

There isn't if you just delete a trust comment and re-enter it corrected/edited either which you can do, so why not just allow an edit?  Either way there is no "paper trail."
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 08:22:27 AM

There isn't if you just delete a trust comment and re-enter it corrected/edited either which you can do, so why not just allow an edit?  Either way there is no "paper trail."

I have personally experienced issues with this where users had left me a negative rating, then after making a topic and leaving my own negative rating for them they deleted it and reposed it to muddy the waters and make it look as if I was the first to do so over nothing. If people had not previously seen it there was no other way to verify short of staff checking logs and they aren't going to do so for that kind of petty nonsense.
LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16596

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 10:46:06 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2019, 04:31:51 PM by LoyceV

There isn't if you just delete a trust comment and re-enter it corrected/edited either which you can do, so why not just allow an edit?  Either way there is no "paper trail."
At least the new date shows when the new feedback was posted. I agree it's not ideal, but I didn't make it Tongue

I have personally experienced issues with this where users had left me a negative rating, then after making a topic and leaving my own negative rating for them they deleted it and reposed it to muddy the waters and make it look as if I was the first to do so over nothing. If people had not previously seen it there was no other way to verify short of staff checking logs and they aren't going to do so for that kind of petty nonsense.
I've been thinking of creating an Archive website for Bitcointalk that archives profiles and Trust, but don't have the skills Sad
Update: see [project] LoyceV's Profile and Trust Archive site

Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2217

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 11:59:02 PM

Excellent idea!  I have received my fair-share of these Trust Wall posts...

Is there any way to turn this thread into a Poll to survey users opinions?

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2020, 05:46:20 PM

You know I'd like that!  Cheesy  Or for all I care it can be left alone but just edited down to 1 or 2 lines!  Cheesy Cheesy  Makes for sloppy red trust.  I like neat red trust so everyone can see it then be able to more easily see and click on who left it.   

Your untrusted is hilarious, obviously I’ve never seen it till now but it just made me giggle

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████