Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:11:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy Bitcoin anonymously in US  (Read 377 times)
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2020, 11:33:47 AM

I see many people suggesting localbitcoins and localcrypto, but I will be honest here, that no such service is completely anonymous. You can be tracked down and prosecuted for money laundering if you are taking these routes to do something that is considered illegal in the US. Remember that you need to  undergo KYC/AML for many of these services once you try to exchange a certain value.

And stay away from paypal. It is the worst method you can use. You risk your account being charge-backed by scammers or the Feds knocking at your door.

OTC deals/F2F deals are very risky but can be considered anonymous if you are sending an agent to do th trade for you. Seems very mafia-like doesnt it? Cheesy

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 03:49:46 PM

The most easiest way to anonymously purchase bitcoin in any country would be to find a local seller who has nothing to do with your identity and pay him using any of the convenient payment method or even might be cash without mentioning the reason for purchase.

You would never be questioned by the government for the similar spent capital with no relation to the cryptocurrencies also it might never create any risk for you in the coming future even if your respected nation's government even thinks of banning the transactions. You just have to find a trusted local dealer or might be any over-nation boundary dealer who might accept your desired payment method and can transfer bitcoins for that.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Amel
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 04:07:42 PM

The most easiest way to anonymously purchase bitcoin in any country would be to find a local seller who has nothing to do with your identity and pay him using any of the convenient payment method or even might be cash without mentioning the reason for purchase.

You would never be questioned by the government for the similar spent capital with no relation to the cryptocurrencies also it might never create any risk for you in the coming future even if your respected nation's government even thinks of banning the transactions. You just have to find a trusted local dealer or might be any over-nation boundary dealer who might accept your desired payment method and can transfer bitcoins for that.

Hmm yeah I think it's the best to buy bitcoin anonymously. Another way is to buy in this forum and use the escrow of honorable members or can be found in the Currency Exchange section of this forum, so there are many forum members who provide anonymous services here, of course, with a variety of payment methods,
DAC1993 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 06:34:44 PM

Is there an ATM company in USA that doesn't require ID?

There arn't any in the USA.

But there is a Canadian company called "localcoin" that operates Bitcoin ATMs in Canada without ID.

See

https://localcoin.ca/buy/bitcoin-atm/

Basically take a trip to Canada. Exchange your US dollars for Canadian dollars in cash. Then use the Canadian cash at one of these bitcoin ATMs to buy the coins.

This is viable if you are close to the Canadian border - or if you fancy going on holiday to Canada and buying a bit of bitcoin while you are there.

Thank you, alyssa85, this is a good piece of information.
DAC1993 (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 06:57:52 PM

localcryptos.com (formerly localethereum.com) is a p2p exchange like localbitcoins that does not require KYC. it also supports physical cash transactions. liquidity is not great for p2p cash trades but it's worth putting an ad up and/or periodically checking their listings.

https://localcryptos.com/

Thank you, will have to check out.
DAC1993 (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 07:07:48 PM

I see many people suggesting localbitcoins and localcrypto, but I will be honest here, that no such service is completely anonymous. You can be tracked down and prosecuted for money laundering if you are taking these routes to do something that is considered illegal in the US. Remember that you need to  undergo KYC/AML for many of these services once you try to exchange a certain value.

And stay away from paypal. It is the worst method you can use. You risk your account being charge-backed by scammers or the Feds knocking at your door.

OTC deals/F2F deals are very risky but can be considered anonymous if you are sending an agent to do th trade for you. Seems very mafia-like doesnt it? Cheesy

Haha everything you said is very true
DAC1993 (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 07:26:48 PM

Hmm yeah I think it's the best to buy bitcoin anonymously. Another way is to buy in this forum and use the escrow of honorable members or can be found in the Currency Exchange section of this forum, so there are many forum members who provide anonymous services here, of course, with a variety of payment methods,

Thank you for your response, Amel. I will check out the exchange section of the forum asap. What do you mean by "use the escrow of honorable members"? I know what escrow is, just asking how exactly it works in this case. Maybe I will learn about this when I go to the exchange section here, but if you have a link or time to elaborate on what you mean that'd be great.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 07:46:09 PM

You can either earn BTC in the forum or simply make a deal from the users in the Currency Exchange , you just have top be very careful which users though because some are scammers. Your local section in the forum might really help you with it, its risky but doable to meet up with someone to buy form him.

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 01:17:43 AM

Another way I know of to acquire OneVanilla prepaid cards (Visa or MasterCard usually) is to buy them at places like Walmart or perhaps even convenience stores or gas stations where they're offered, and I'm not entirely sure how that process goes because I've never bought prepaid cards in the first place. The exchange rate with those cards is usually subpar anyways, though, and you're likely better off with the other methods suggested here.
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2020, 02:33:03 AM

You can either earn BTC in the forum or simply make a deal from the users in the Currency Exchange , you just have top be very careful which users though because some are scammers. Your local section in the forum might really help you with it, its risky but doable to meet up with someone to buy form him.

Yes it is possible to buy bitcoin in this forum as well, but you need to have an escrow for you to be sure that can happen, but I would rather buy bitcoin is an exchange , in there you can buy anonymously too, and it is good because it is an exchange you may convert some of your bitcoin into some altcoins and it is good for investment as well.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 03:17:46 AM

You can still do the localbitcoin type of deal with just in hand cash transactions as well without worrying about doing digital, there are methods to contact with those people online via email etc and then you can learn where they are from and you can make transactions by meeting somewhere and you will give them cash and they will give you the bitcoins and you can get a cup of coffee while waiting for confirmation if you are still not sure about it.

However, if you want to be anonymous, and I mean truly anonymous, just buy from somewhere overseas, that way nobody will ask you what this money was for because usually sending it overseas means the country that receives the money asks that question which is their problem and you will get bitcoin that nobody knows about.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 07:54:17 AM

I see many people suggesting localbitcoins and localcrypto, but I will be honest here, that no such service is completely anonymous. You can be tracked down and prosecuted for money laundering if you are taking these routes to do something that is considered illegal in the US. Remember that you need to undergo KYC/AML for many of these services once you try to exchange a certain value.

localbitcoins and paxful mandate KYC at much lower thresholds than are necessary in the USA. current FINCEN regulations require currency transaction reports for transactions of $10k+ volume. if you aren't operating a money transmission business and you're transacting below that threshold, KYC is not required.

i encourage people to use non-KYC services like localcryptos for p2p cash trading. be smart though: meet in public/safe places, walk away from anyone who starts talking about illegal activities (#1 sign of an undercover cop), and don't deal above reporting thresholds without KYC.

i've gotten some weird looks for counting out thousands in cash in starbucks, but that's about it. it's not particularly risky if you're smart about it. physical cash trades are as close to anonymous as you can get.

Ryker1

Activity: 1918
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 08:12:08 AM

Yes it is possible to buy bitcoin in this forum as well, but you need to have an escrow for you to be sure that can happen, but I would rather buy bitcoin is an exchange , in there you can buy anonymously too, and it is good because it is an exchange you may convert some of your bitcoin into some altcoins and it is good for investment as well.
Well, this was quoted of mine is right. Here in the forum you can buy or exchange from your fiat to their bitcoin but using escrow service is a must and of course, you need to pay them with a small amount of their service. Indeed, there are also P2P exchanges that didn't have required KYC verification and I think that is a good place to go. And that is correct, avoid this payment processor Paypal because it might cause a problem in the future.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 10:15:07 AM

Here in the forum, you can do a trade if you want to have bitcoin anonymously. For example if you have Paypal account and trade to bitcoin to trusted members only and dont forget to use escrow.

AFAIK, the country of the US is very strict and I think they are always against money laundering law. But if you have this in your place you can buy bitcoin without having KYC verification.
1] Bitcoin ATMs
2] Peer-to-Peer (Exchange)
3] Cashless Peer-to-Peer (Exchange)
4] Peer-to-Peer (Off-Exchange)
5] Small Amount Purchases
I think that's the only way.
Agreed with this,OP may buy in different exchanges, if he dont want to pass a KYC in an exchange , but buying a large amount of bitcoin or 2btc above needed a KYC, so you may buy bitcoin in different exchange and then send it in a single btc wallet for you to get all the btc that you have bought in different platforms. Or buy in you locals their, better to buy p2p.

That's very easy because there are some popular exchanges that don't need to verify KYC with its maximum withdrawal, but 1 btc transaction down then it can be done on 1 exchange or 2 exchanges as long as the exchange supports US citizens.
Transactions anonymously are very widely used including I often use anomin transactions on social media that I have trusted for a long time.
Any exchange where you could purchase bitcoin without doing KYC would be a good option but have you even though about the expenditure report of your financial statements? If you use your credit/debit card to make a purchase on such exchanges than you can easily be caught by the banking systems as they would easily know the flow of money from your account to the decentralized platforms.

I was wondering what actually Anomin Transactions are? I have least information about it as I first time read anything like it but it sounds a bit interesting. It would be great if you could redirect us to the Anomin Transactions you are mentioning here.
DAC1993 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 06:40:48 PM

Thanks, Mumbeeptind1963. What is an example of an exchange where you can buy anonymously?
DAC1993 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 07:14:11 PM

You can still do the localbitcoin type of deal with just in hand cash transactions as well without worrying about doing digital, there are methods to contact with those people online via email etc and then you can learn where they are from and you can make transactions by meeting somewhere and you will give them cash and they will give you the bitcoins and you can get a cup of coffee while waiting for confirmation if you are still not sure about it.

However, if you want to be anonymous, and I mean truly anonymous, just buy from somewhere overseas, that way nobody will ask you what this money was for because usually sending it overseas means the country that receives the money asks that question which is their problem and you will get bitcoin that nobody knows about.

Thank you for your response, el kaka22. I am not sure I understand your line about buying overseas. Could you use a hypothetical example please?
DAC1993 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 07:39:43 PM

Why don't you buy Bitcoin directly from the members of this forum, there are many people who are willing to make transactions with you. As long as you have the appropriate type of payment. I think it is not too difficult to make such a transaction. Just post a post in the service section and you will get more suggestions.
Also, I see you rejecting LocalBitcoins, what do you think about Paxful? Can you use it?

Thank you Blitzboy, I am not rejecting Localbitcoins, I am just stating a fact - that Localbitcoins no longer offer an option to buy BTC via an in-person trade; this means there is no more way to trade/buy BTC via Localbitcoins without KYC or makinf yourself known in some other way, such as using Paypal or Zelle which are not anonymous payment methods in any way. I will try Paxful, have not tried it yet.
JessicaVL

Activity: 346
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 09:24:49 AM

I couldn't find a forum topic on this subject, but it doesn't seem to be against the forum rules.

I researched buying Bitcoin anonymously. I don't know if the articles I found are outdated or just originally don't make sense. Basically all articles talk about the same resources listed below with my assessment of them:

Lets just get this one out of the way: Localbitcoins - the option to buy BTC in an in-person transaction was removed in mid-2019. At least for USA.

BTC ATMs - this would have been correct, but today (in 2020), per my research, most of them in US DO require an ID and also take a photo of your face; I tried searching up ATM locations online and then searching info on specific ATM machines/companies in my area and nearby states and all of them mention state ID verification and photo of your face taken when buying the BTC. Probably this isn't the case in all countries, but it seems that in US today it is.

Prepaid cards with Peer2Peer exchanges - It'd be great if someone can share how to make this work, the one place where I found prepaid cards being accepted is Localbitcoins and the only card is "Vanilla". I could not figure out what card that is and how to purchase it. There are 3 main websites that come up in the search: onevanilla.com  myvanillacard.com  vanillagift.com  It is not clear which one is the legitimate website. Also, when attempting to buy a Vanilla card on the websites, it asks for you name, address and phone number, so this is not an anonymous way.

Coinmama.com (with a $150 limit) - incorrect, requires ID and phone number at registration.

WallOfCoins.com - I did not actually try to buy through WallOfCoins because I found multiple complaints on reddit that the platform didn't ask for ID before you make a purchase, but then held your BTC hostage asking for ID in order to release the crypto to your wallet.

Bisq - it actually appears to be a really nice platform, I wish the BTC community could grow this one; and it appears to work, but there are too few offers for in-person transactions in USA for the exchange to really be useful; in simple words you cannot drive to another state every time you need to buy BTC.

I am currently exploring BitQuick.co and #bitcoin-otc.

If I understand correctly, buying via BitQuick is not anonymous because buyer has to deposit cash into sellers bank account at a physical bank branch. This should mean that you will have to write in your name and address on the deposit slip, which can be recorded by the bank and the seller.

Please share usable resources for buying Bitcoin anonymously/in person. All contributions appreciated greatly.

Below are some more questions.

Do my assessments of the different resources sound right? Do you wish to correct me/add something?

Is it Localbitcoins.COM or Localbitcoins.NET ? I searched and people give all kinds of versions. Couldn't make sense of it.

Is there an ATM company in USA that doesn't require ID?

Is it possible to meet miners in person and trade with them in person? Is this something that they are interested in on their end? What would be the correct system for that?

Are there really ways to buy for prepaid cards?

_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________

SPECIFICATION

I would like to thank all of you for your time and your replies.

After reading the first 20 replies in this thread I realized that there is whole spectrum of anonymity and I'll be glad to read tips on any levels of it; just in case I'm specifying below what amount of anonymity I am looking for myself.

I would say that what I am after is an average level of anonymity (I will explain). This means that an In-Person trade is most likely the way to go for me. Or something like an ATM. I wouldn't want to be scammed and therefore I'd like an option with an escrow. This means that some platform for finding the BTC seller without KYC (ex. a decentralized exchange) has to be involved. I do not want use the darknet for this because I do not want to support that ecosystem, I would rather find ways (to source in-person BTC transactions) on the regular internet so I can share them with others because I don't think that darknet should be necessary for creating in-person BTC transactions. This is my personal opinion and noone has to agree with me. As a side note I can also mention that I am okay with fees being on the higher end and the BTC I buy being potentially overpriced as I don't think you can reasonably go around that when looking for anonymity. I am looking to buy fairly often, but overall in relatively small transaction (< 0.15 BTC per transaction).

I'd describe medium level of anonymity as avoiding KYC, trying to have as few parties as possible (or nobody) know my personal information such as name and address or have a photo of me completing the trade. (I guess a high level of anonymity can include sending another person to the in-person trade for you or meeting in a location with no security cameras etc.) But if you wish to share about some highly anonymous methods that you are knowledgeable about this of course would be interesting and useful too since the topic includes "buy Bitcoin anonymously".

I do understand that it is not correct to call Bitcoin itself an anonymous currency/payment method and I think this is an interesting topic for a separate discussion. Here I am mostly just talking about methods to buy BTC without KYC.
_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________

UPDATE

Currently from the replies I have learned about :

Localcoin - ID free ATMs operating in Canada that can be of use to Americans who're willing to travel.

Localcryptos.com - An online exchange similar to localbitcoin without KYC and with an in-person trade option.

And I learned that in the Currency Exchange section of this forum I can find sellers willing to trade BTC for a variety of assets.

Paxful. Have to try still.

I will check these options and post about my experiences in this thread.

You can buy Bitcoin anonymously on Vertex. It is A P2P trading platform that requires no KYC so its as anonymous as it gets. I also like it because it's so quick and easy to do.
marilynmanson21

Activity: 1260
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 08:06:20 AM

I don't think there is a way in the US to buy anonymously unless you do it in person.  You would have to find someone locally that is willing to accept cash for it.  Possibly use a message board or facebook to find someone.
have you tried to look for it, I think there will always be a way to buy bitcoin, even with anonymous, in the US the anonymous is actually very guarded and supported for those who really need it,
it's just that buying anonymously is still not common, so we feel there is no way to buy bitcoin anonymously, even though there is.
Nawrod

Activity: 135
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 11:16:30 AM

Well, in my opinion it is pretty unsafe to buy Bitcoin anonymously. First of all, you are never fully anonymous on the internet, so remember that. Secondly, many platforms where you don't have to register are just a scam and everybody knows it... so be cautious. I recommend you to check a video where CoinDeal's COO talks with Coinfirm's Co funder about scams in the cryptocurrency industry, maybe it will be helpful for you:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83JnxuUUJ5o&feature=emb_title
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: