Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:46:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tradebrite.net scam targeting developers  (Read 151 times)
maratus.group (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 06:15:25 PM

What happened::
This website is scam and it's so obvious, but what happened today for us is a different story,
Yesterday some guy on cryptogrind offered a project, so I started negotiating with him to examine his project and see if we can accept his project,
So when we continued talking, he repeatedly changed his project's spec and needs and we end up with a 1 day simple project to generate random numbers for roulette game, based on provably fair algorithm and in python programming language,
He also claimed to be from USA in his project details, which is strange, because of the way he was speaking.
But I accepted his project at the end as we can't simply reject projects due to unproved suspicions,
So the usual work happened and one of our programmers accepted working on his project, and we ended up with a first mockup,
I showed him the mockup, and he insisted to pay sooner, which was also strange because we didn't yet finish his project,
He asked for an address to send bitcoins, we generated one for them, but he claimed that he reached his limit in blockchain.info and he can't send any bitcoins, but he can instead give money on traderbrite, I searched for the website and didn't find anything on google, he gave me the address and asked me to signup there, and I did.
After that, I tried to withdraw bitcoins, but I got a warning "You can't withdraw amount less than ... btc", so I asked him to send some more bitcoins there so I can withdraw, because beside the fact that I don't have direct access to my team's assets, I also didn't trust the website, he said "sorry I don't have ... btc on my account, but you can deposit more btc there so you can withdraw", and I didn't for sure! Fortunately we didn't give him the code, but it was a 8 hours waste of time for us dealing with that guy.
Unfortunately I don't have my telegram chat to send screenshots here, but looking at his website reveals all the truth I think.

Scammers Profile Links:
His Telegram : https://t.me/MaxLerk
His other telegram : https://t.me/yousifut
His website : tradebrite.net
His project on cryptogrind : https://www.cryptogrind.com/job/5e0f185181e0c47c924a7b88
His account on cryptogrind : https://www.cryptogrind.com/profile/5e0f13bd81e0c47c924a7b86

Additional Notes:
These take 1 hour or 2(at most) to make, so the only thing that matters here is the story and the way some scammers are trying to target developers and teams.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stalker22
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 07:55:50 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2020, 08:19:44 PM by Stalker22

This looks like a cheap knockoff of (a bit more reputable and upscale) website CEX.io!  Grin
Even the content, like 'About Us', is a complete plagiarism of the cex.io site.

Edit:
Domain Registered: 2019-12-06

█████████████████████████████
█████████▀     ▄██ ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄▀▀▄█████████▄▀▀▄██████
███▄▄█▀▄██████▀ ▀████▄▀█▀ ▀██
██▀▀█▌▐█   ▀▀▀   █████▌▐█  ██
██  █ ███▄▄▄      ▀▀▀▀█ █  ██
██  █▌▐████▌         ▄▌▐█████
███▄██▄▀█████▄   ▄▄██▀▄█ ▀███
████▀ ▀▄▄▀███▀    █▀▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄ ▄█████
████████▄▄██       ██████████
█████████████████████████████
         ▄██▄     ▄
        █████   ▄████
       █████▌  █████▌
      ██████████████
     ███▀█████▀██▀████▄
   ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████
 ▄▄██████▄██▄▄██████▄█▀
▐██████████████████████▄
 ▀████████         ████▀
   ▀███████▄     ▄███▀
    ███████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████
▄▄███████████████████▄
               ▄███▄
            ▄████████

▄▄██████████
       █▀▀▀██▀▀▀████
      ███████████
    ▀▀▀████████████
      ▀███████████▀
      ▄███████████▄
 ▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀   ▄
▀▀█▀▀
███████████▀▀▀█▀▀
    ████████████████
    ████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄
..PLAY NOW..
       ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
     ████████████████
 ▄▄▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ▄█▄      ██
    ▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄          ▄▄
    ▄▄▄███▄▄▄    ▄ ▄ ▄ ▀▀
     ▀ ▄█▄ ▀  ▀▄█ ▀█▀ █▄▀
    ▄▄  ▀     ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀        ▀██▀▀█▀▀██▀
         ██   ▀ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ ▀
maratus.group (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 10:06:17 PM

This looks like a cheap knockoff of (a bit more reputable and upscale) website CEX.io!  Grin
Even the content, like 'About Us', is a complete plagiarism of the cex.io site.

Edit:
Domain Registered: 2019-12-06

Thanks for mentioning that, I didn't notice it.
Anyway the website itself is obviously scam, so many pages leading to 404 or not found, and there are no information about how it works with payments! Also looking at the chat, all messages are obviously auto generated and are unrelated to each other.
But the important thing about them is that they're not only operating such website, but they are getting people to deposit into it by other means.
CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 10:55:05 AM

Thank you for the heads-up!

Let us kindly clarify that 'tradebrite.net' is indeed a scam site that uses CEX.IO lookalike interface and we are in no way related to them.

We have already reported this site to our Legal Department for them to take further actions upon it.

We appreciate your understanding.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
amu4crypto

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 10:48:20 AM

Same happened to me please ensure noone entertains the following Telegram address - @edvardiooo

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: