Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:00:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How the situation in Iran might impact Bitcoin  (Read 822 times)
Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 10:00:15 AM

Because of the situation in Iran, the entire Muslim world is suffering, where quite large financial centers and tourist facilities are located, which bring very large profits.  In addition to Iran and the United States, Iraq is involved in the conflict, since it is in Iraq that the US launch systems are located.  I believe that in this situation, a lot of companies and businessmen with the help of cryptocurrency will exercise the opportunity to secure their money.  Of course, it cannot be said that the conflict will benefit the cryptocurrency market, but nonetheless, in this situation, I see a certain surge in investment in the cryptocurrency, especially in bitcoin.
If the situation will be unconditional and they will be converting their assets into the gold or bitcoin. i just take a few days chart of bitcoin and gold as the best evidence if maybe there is a correlation between the war that makes gold and bitcoin as an alternative way to invest or store your value. I was reading the news yesterday that says is there is no a very big correlation with the gold with bitcoin. But for me, at least a little correlation will be enough to make it follow each other.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 02:08:27 PM

Wow, $29k! I think that's even higher than the ath in 2017. But then again, if they are really afraid that they might lose it all if they ever get invaded, might as well lose a bit buying at that price and salvage what's left.
Not sure about the legitimacy of the price and now Iran started firing back at US base and things are getting worse and it might go to full fledged war, if that happens then there will be a globally issue as the problems these will be created will be felt everywhere. Now looking at what US is going to do and if they retaliate to the strikes then it will affect the price of bitcoin as well as other financial assets.

I also can't find more information about that listed pricing. But so far the tension has subsided a bit after Iran has had its revenge. Only time will tell if there will be further escalation. If there is we might actually see an effect. The more affluent ones there will try to find ways to secure their money in case it gets worse.
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 08:56:19 PM

Well, on the night of the attack, bitcoin made a good leap, since in the end it is safer than gold.
If the problem continues, it depends a lot on what the superpowers will do to be convincing.
It could be a good time to invest.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 07:19:35 AM

if a war happens, it will have an impact on the world economy. especially this is Iran Vs US. where US is a country with financial power in the world. I think it will be very influential. as you say. many people withdraw their money from the stock market to secure assets. I think if US loses to Iran, then the USD will fall. and bitcoin will pump. saw some time ago bitcoin traded with a price of $ 24,000 in iran. so this is very influential.
Ethereums

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 10:09:36 AM

Google can be a benchmark for us. The word Bitcoin is interested in Bitcoin, which country is looking for more. If Iran has a similar situation, the bitcoin price may increase. Precious metals increase their prices in wartime.

metal would be an opportunity in wartime, but bitcoin still looking up as safe heaven in this case. I saw people keep talking world war right now, but still, I think it's far from it seems. Iran only talk about justice demand about US killing their general and not talking about a war in my opinion. But if we talk about BTC halving , in this case it might a support for bullish action this year. As history we already seen it, and i hope it repeated again ( finger cross for this..lol )
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 10:23:13 AM

price has already affect BTC on the localbitcoins in Iran, it was posted by some user in similar thread which the price reaches up to $29K. it didn't affect the whole market though. a war seem overblown though, its not like Iran will blast US but then there is a probability that Iran will be invaded as US usually do it. hope not. Iran doesn't have a local section but if there is it would be a hot big thread here in bticointalk.
In Iran, there is always presence of war and because of that many people are afraid of it and they taking there money and all of their investment out of the stock market. The impact of this in bitcoin, it would be a big question and a big thread in bitcointalk to have this kind of issue that has an involvement in bitcointalk.

desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 01:55:04 PM

Speculative markets are moving in the event of war. In this case, passing the word war will stimulate the market. Bitcoin and Gold prices are rising. But Trump's statements have a direct impact on the market. Bitcoin is a value store that is very easy to carry.

As part of the confrontation between Iran and the United States, it is necessary to focus on rising oil and gold prices. Bitkio is too speculative asset, even in the case of strong growth during the growing tension between the countries, we will not be able to say exactly what this growth is connected with, whether it is speculation by large players or not. However, locally, in the same Iran, the price of bitcoin can easily increase compared to global indicators.

Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 02:05:49 PM

Speculative markets are moving in the event of war. In this case, passing the word war will stimulate the market. Bitcoin and Gold prices are rising. But Trump's statements have a direct impact on the market. Bitcoin is a value store that is very easy to carry.

As part of the confrontation between Iran and the United States, it is necessary to focus on rising oil and gold prices. Bitkio is too speculative asset, even in the case of strong growth during the growing tension between the countries, we will not be able to say exactly what this growth is connected with, whether it is speculation by large players or not. However, locally, in the same Iran, the price of bitcoin can easily increase compared to global indicators.

Maybe not just the rise of oil and gold, which are probably just side effects of a stock market in shock. Maybe one of the reasons was to delay a further stock rise by making the world a little bit more risky. And give the market all the best things right before the election, so everyone continues to be very happy with the orange man Wink
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2020, 02:11:24 PM

Bitcoin may be bought as a safe haven asset and thus go up if things get out of hand too much. However, most definitely oil and precious metals are going higher over the long term, as the latter is linked to the former and the Straight of Hormuz is vital piece of the oil pipeline for the global economy. Sadly, Iran has the ability to greater disrupt this trade route and will likely do so if they feel desperate enough.

keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 02:19:53 PM

I've watched the interview of the Iran minister regarding about this matter that is a hot topic since Trump made a very provoking move against Iran by killing their General which Trump assumed as terrorist, and killed him by giving order to whoever soldiers pulled that off, and the minister says that they are not looking for war, instead they made a move which is to get fair justice for what happened to their general, not a war against the US.

So, it depends on what trumps gonna do about this, but I've read some news that he cancelled it off, the rumors about going to war against Iran.

Hope bitcoin's price will soon skyrocket up once the halving process is done. Let there be PEACE.
When it comes to war,  it ws already cancelled since trump become humble between the two country and he dont want anyone be harm again. 
Actuallynthe situation of iran doesnt that affect much the bitcoin value since as far as I know the number of people who are using bitcoin was not that high.  But that was also true that people get their stock because they dont want to lose it. 

BellIcon

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 04:39:12 PM

I want stability. Hopefully with the student protestors refusing to step on the American flag, and calling out the Iranian government means peace, and thus a stable Bitcoin price.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 04:54:50 PM

the influence of such a situation will at least have an impact on the market and the country's economy so it is very possible when they sell shares and switch to the crypto market, but i don't expect anything bad or a world war to happen because it will have a more severe impact on the world economy including the crypto market

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 05:00:44 PM

I want stability. Hopefully with the student protestors refusing to step on the American flag, and calling out the Iranian government means peace, and thus a stable Bitcoin price.

you want stability ? i think me too , i want stability but i want a good price maybe 15k or above would be better  but sometimes i have this feeling that btc can pump more so how can we see it if the price is stable   ? 

and what is the connection of the protest or on the war to the stableness of the coin    ? wars can affect the price but its hard for the bitcoin to become stable  .   
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 05:23:49 PM

I would like to hear what people here in the community think about it.
As far as I know, when there is a war, people are taking their money out of the stock market because they fear of instability.

I wonder what a situation like this may cause to the crypto market.

Killing of Soleimani  drastically improved Iran government stand. We saw demonstrations against government only a month or two ago. That is now total past. People started trusting their government much more. They support it, because they dont want that Iran turns into Iraq or Afghanistan. 

Stronger the government is worse situation is fro crypto and Bitcoin. So what happened in January is negative for Bitcoin in Iran. What was happening at end of last year was super positive.
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 05:50:40 PM

I can only say from my own experience that for me, following other people turned out to be the most unprofitable things. I have often found myself mentors in trading, as well as investment advisers of a fairly high level. Each time I was convinced that these consultants themselves made their name and fortune only thanks to a favorable combination of circumstances, and they cannot really teach anything. Listen to yourself and not others.

aamirsuh

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 09:24:56 PM

There is a constant conflict in the Middle East. I think the situation in Iran does not affect bitcoin prices very much. However, the expectations lead the markets. In this case, the market will be shaped as speculators give direction.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: