Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:14:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why We Need Bitcoin, If Altcoins Transfers Are Faster And Cheaper  (Read 864 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 05:59:11 PM

It is difficult to give the reasons in one or two bullet points. These are the reasons that come to my mind right now:

1. There was no pre-mine for Bitcoin
2. It is the original cryptocurrency
3. The inventor (Satoshi Nakamoto) has never tried to profit out of BTC
4. None of the coins come close in adoption and acceptability when compared to BTC
5. BTC can be traded with a large number of options (fiats & other coins).
I’m just realizing that Satoshi Nakamoto never tried to profit out of Bitcoin. That’s unlike other people that created different coins like Ethereum and the rest, because I do know for sure that their owners have at certain times profit from it, just like the founder of Ether and his Ether foundation.

Really Bitcoin transfers are expensive and lower speed, therefore altcoins are much easy to transfer. For small transfer amounts Bitcoin is not usable.
I think people make use of what they like and not really what seems to be better. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and people are becoming used to it and trusting it more than altcoins. I do know that Ethereum has a cheaper fees and also faster when it comes to transaction, but still I hardly make use of it. I have preference for Bitcoin and I can’t even give reasons why, and I do feel it’s more safe.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Marble777

Activity: 736
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 06:37:05 PM

bitcoin is the first coin present in the cryptoqurrency space and has a high selling value for investment, on the other hand Bitcoin is one of the best crypto assets and always dominates the crypto market as well. if the problem is about transfer fees then Altcoin is a crypto that has a low fee for transactions.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 07:13:27 PM

But altcoins have diffrent problems. They are not really decentralized, they have CEOs that have greater influence what will happen in the network. They have problem with low hashing power and double spending attacks. They are not so popular and used as Bitcoin and much more.  Wink

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: