Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:26:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the new cryptocurrency PI Network another scam or legit?  (Read 2724 times)
Eco_111

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 08:30:57 AM

The truth is I hate projects that take too long to develop and launch, if your project isn't complete do not announce it, this is the mistake many developers are making today, I have been hearing about Pi Network for a very long time, yet it took too long to launch, I don't see sign of seriousness at all, and again the mobile mining isn't real

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arcticglobal (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2021, 01:56:07 AM

100,000 free KYC slots are open to Pioneers. On a daily basis, PI system will automatically select Pioneers based on their past and future potential contributions to Pi, including Node, Platform, community and engagement etc.
arcticglobal (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2021, 12:14:19 AM

PI network announced the new official Pi Network Support Portal & Community Wiki to help address questions or issues that Pioneers encounter in their experience with the Pi app.
00HasH

Activity: 473
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2021, 03:48:39 PM

Is your 50 000 000 000 free coins worth $10 per coin now?
When moon?

miner29

Activity: 1262
Merit: 138

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 04:02:07 PM

Pi is worth less than $0
All of it.
This project is not honest.
This is garbage...just like those who promote it.
arcticglobal (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2021, 02:55:22 AM

PI network is releasing a new version of the Brainstorm app prototype, where every Pioneer will have a chance to review submitted Pi Apps proposals in a randomized queue. Your upvotes and downvotes will inform which projects the Core Team should publish in the list of Proposed Pi Apps. For now, the main focus is still Type 2 Ecosystem apps.
arcticglobal (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2021, 04:28:37 AM

Check out PI network new Support Portal & Community Wiki that helps address Pioneers’ questions or issues in their experience with the Pi app. Read more and access the new Support Portal on the homescreen of Pi today.
it is pi.app/support
Coin_Collector

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 24, 2021, 09:25:45 PM

Attention! Checked all their sources and some people who are working for them are famous people just renamed. Do your own research. I'm not saying it is a scam, but something is strange.
miner29

View Profile
January 24, 2021, 09:55:50 PM

Attention! Checked all their sources and some people who are working for them are famous people just renamed. Do your own research. I'm not saying it is a scam, but something is strange.

Its a scam. 
browolf

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 10:53:22 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2021, 12:08:32 AM by browolf

Bad marketing aside,  

If you dig through all the bullshit of the website. The facts are in the not well written whitepaper.

Pi wants to be a non corporate version of Stellar.  If you wanted to run a crypto network with millions of users and thousands of nodes, stellar consensus protocol is a reasonable choice.

A non corporate version of stellar is also an interesting proposition.

This choice is probably related to the fact the Co founder, Chief Scientist of Stellar, David Mazieres is a professor in the computing department of Stanford and Dr Nic co founder of Pi is a computer scientist at Stanford teaching blockchain courses and doing social computing research (Publications)

This is his latest course BioE 60: Beyond Bitcoin Applications of Distributed Trust

This is the recording of lecture 2

The first guy in the video is Jan Liphardt Professor of Bioengineering who developed Fever IQ which was an internal feature of the Pi App that collected covid symptoms. That app, which originally had a github, has turned into this Enya Launches FeverIQ COVID Health Check to Immediately Help Businesses and Schools

The plan of Pi,  from what I can figure out, which is consistent with the use of stellar consensus protocol, is to distribute the majority of the mainnet premine to the users in order that they can kickstart an economy using all the applications that will be present in the Pi Mobile app.  There is an SDK and sandbox and people are making and planning apps. e.g. YouPi. I'm no economist so I don't know if that kind of thing is even possible.

The mining is the means to determine the allocation of the mainnet pi and the KYC is to ensure one person one account. Stellar networks have a 100% premine.

Fake mining is not evidence of a scam since Electroneum did it first. They did it for marketing and to lead into the Any task application. This was their plan all along as they paid for the "mining" with ~7bill of the etn premine.

Pi Network started a Stellar v12 testnet in June 2020. here is a picture of showing a non consensus node running stellar. https://ibb.co/m02DdJL

The one thing about running software in a docker container is that you can simply extract the container and examine the files.

There's a lot of information on the node page and here's one of the programmers taking about developments

The node you can download first is a a test container with a nodejs script that replies on ports. This is the Github of the script.
The windows app tests the open ports in the router and sends performance data of the computer to PI HQ on regular basis. This information is sent plain text and easily captured with wireshark.

Pi core have stated the main criteria they're testing for is uptime and some people with high uptime 90%+ over 3 months received a testnet container.

The consensus container runs debian 9 and contains stellar core v12 but the config file says it's running as a non consensus node at the moment.

The only thing I can say about the ads in the app is it's unusual that the app lets you turn them off, that there's only 1 a day and they include a >> which you can use to close the ad straight away.  

edit: testnet has been reset to v15.2 and quorums are enabled and seem to be working.

miner29

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 11:02:09 PM

Fake mining is not evidence of a scam since Electroneum did it first. They did it for marketing and to lead into the Any task application. This was their plan all along as they paid for the "mining" with 9bill of the etn premine.

Just lie to me about somethings...i still trust ya.
The mental gymnastics people will go through to ignore the truth.

Maxstl007

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 06:45:55 AM

PI Network have tarnished their own image even if they are real and have something good in mind, all their ways are bad from the beginning, a very long time delay, spamming on forum with new accounts, also I would like to ask why KYC for mining? I have never seen this in crypto space before, is PI Network centralized? Or decentralized.
browolf

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 10:08:25 PM

PI Network have tarnished their own image even if they are real and have something good in mind, all their ways are bad from the beginning, a very long time delay, spamming on forum with new accounts, also I would like to ask why KYC for mining? I have never seen this in crypto space before, is PI Network centralized? Or decentralized.

Mining is a process to detemine allocation of mainnet premine. KYC is to ensure 1 person 1 account and to ensure people aren't cheating the allocation process.

Pi network will be decentralized when mainnet is released. Until then it is not. 

FireBallex

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 06:29:10 AM

Mining is a process to detemine allocation of mainnet premine. KYC is to ensure 1 person 1 account and to ensure people aren't cheating the allocation process.

Pi network will be decentralized when mainnet is released. Until then it is not. 

To ensure people aren't cheating in what way? It's like telling me that I am cheating Ethereum because I am using 10 graphic cards to mine Ethereum, it's hardware that I spent my money on, that's real mining mate, fully decentralized and can't be controlled by any organization, Pi mining sucks

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
miner29

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 02:15:54 PM

To ensure people aren't cheating in what way? It's like telling me that I am cheating Ethereum because I am using 10 graphic cards to mine Ethereum, it's hardware that I spent my money on, that's real mining mate, fully decentralized and can't be controlled by any organization, Pi mining sucks

They are collecting the personal data.
browolf

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 09:47:54 PM

stellar what pi is based on has a 100% premine which means you need to know how many pi to produce in the genesis block of the mainnet. Since Pi want the majority of the pi in the hands of users, the fake mining is a process generating pi for each user at an hourly rate mainly based on how many people they personally invited.  The total of all that pi + some dev pi is the total amount to produce in the genesis block.  

In order to ensure there aren't people with 500 phones accumulating pi they plan to use KYC to ensure 1 account per person. any pi associated with accounts that don't pass KYC will be discarded.
honglu69

Activity: 1553
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 07:19:42 AM

Pi is scam

Mobile miners need KYC to withdraw coins. This to me means that Pi at best is airdrop of coins. Airdrop is not mobile mining.

The world first mobile minable coin on real phones is Nengcoin (NENG).  NENG is scrypt coin minable on android phones starting in summer of 2020.  The second coin that minable on mobile phone is Cheetahcoin (Nengcoin fork on SHA256).  Both coins have randomSpike on top of scrypt/SHA256 that allows CPU miners to get 20% of all block rewards while ASIC miners obtain 80% of rewards.

Pi has no blockchain.  KYCed mining for phone miners are not mining, they are fake, just airdrop. 

The real mobile minable coins today are Nengcoin and Cheetahcoin,  a new type of scrypt and SHA256 coins. 
arcticglobal (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2022, 02:31:34 AM

PI is not a scam

MAINNET is live, initiating the Enclosed Network period of Mainnet phase!!! Read the information on the home screen to learn more. Mine and invite your friends to mine at a higher rate while you can before new Mainnet mining takes effect.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: