Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:45:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does this thread really deserve the attention it has got?  (Read 3194 times)
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3886

Visit: r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2020, 11:44:53 AM

I have added the "H" in Thread word of the title.

Thanks for correcting.
Not something that you really needed to do however good work also taking off 'S' from 'deserves' will make it grammatically correct as suchmoon explained how verbs works :-p
By the way the contexts that all matter.

That thread deserved it dude, best put together scam thread I have seen. I can’t gelp it that the user suffers from trympism and is a prized cuntshitnugget
Pretty obvious that tmfp was sarcastic there. Indeed that post was merit worthy and I too sent some.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TranscriptJunky

Activity: 40
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 01:27:58 PM

[/quote]
That thread deserved it dude, best put together scam thread I have seen. I can’t gelp it that the user suffers from trympism and is a prized cuntshitnugget
[/quote]

"Tryphism"Huh That has a ring to it. I was even gonna give you one of your PUNY merit points for that one, but then when I Googled it I found this GROTESQUE display of a dictionary definition entry:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tryphism

Webster would roll over in his grave if he saw such a monstrosity. Man, why don't you just make up a FAKE (yet respectable) web page with the definition before introducing such a word.

You're like a "bitch in training", who has to ride "tandem bitch" with a CERTIFIED bitch, because they're afraid you might do something dangerous and hurt yourself and/or others....
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2020, 01:37:15 PM

Listen pajeet it was a spelling error I actually meant trumpism but who cares anyway you monstrosity of a gambling pajeet

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
UmerIdrees

Activity: 2226
Merit: 834

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2020, 06:01:52 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2020, 06:26:21 AM by UmerIdrees
Merited by AB de Royse777 (7)

I was seeing the threads in Beginner session and saw that below thread has 50 merits at a shot.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5214039.msg53491680#msg53491680

My question is, what message is this thread conveying that is useful to the community? Merits in my understanding are to encourage the account which is giving useful information to the users here. The thread does not even contain the struggle he did to upgrade his account, so that some newbie can be inspired.

Is getting merits that easy? Posting I become a Jr member on my birthday and get 50 merits, just like that? No struggle, no information nothing. I may be wrong here but my opinion is that in this case merit system is misused. I would request your attention and opinion on this.

First of all, getting merits is based upon one skill and how much he is useful for the community and every one has the right to give any number of merit to any post and that none of our business to criticize.

I have seen newbies tactics to attain attention and grab merits but this is the first time i have seen a newbie using sarcasm to get merits. Indirectly you are not happy seeing 50 merits given to a post and trying to impose something fishy on the sender of the merit and hoping to get same when you get to Jr. Member.
Instead focus on your work and proof that you can get even 100 merits on a post by your work.

Edit: I found The-Devil involved in plagiarism.

smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 11:58:23 AM

When it comes to giving merit number I don't have issue on it as long as the one he is giving is not his alt accounts and he is not the only one giving merit, although this is the first time I saw such number, there should not be an argument, because we are not guided by forum rules on the minimum and maximum we can give.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 07:51:03 PM

Huh? You linked your post in thread which is subject of this discussion and then you linked this topic in that post  Grin

Actually, after reading your post I came to conclusion that you didn't really say what do you think about that topic getting 55 merits:
First of all, getting merits is based upon one skill and how much he is useful for the community and every one has the right to give any number of merit to any post and that none of our business to criticize.

I have seen newbies tactics to attain attention and grab merits but this is the first time i have seen a newbie using sarcasm to get merits. Indirectly you are not happy seeing 50 merits given to a post and trying to impose something fishy on the sender of the merit and hoping to get same when you get to Jr. Member.
Instead focus on your work and proof that you can get even 100 merits on a post by your work.
So what is your opinion about it?
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 10:49:29 AM

Does this thread really deserve the attention it has got? (It's a good job this is already in the 'meta' section.)

Honestly, this is post #129 now. If people have merit to share, then just let them. So long as people aren't buying or selling it, then what does it matter? Let's move on.

nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2020, 04:15:09 PM
Merited by Cnut237 (1)

Does this thread really deserve the attention it has got? (It's a good job this is already in the 'meta' section.)

Honestly, this is post #129 now. If people have merit to share, then just let them. So long as people aren't buying or selling it, then what does it matter? Let's move on.

If you had actually READ THE DAMN THREAD before choosing to spam it with intentionally uninformed opinions, then you would not have added a completely useless post #129 missing the point that the merited user was caught in a tangle of multiple types of serious wrongdoing.  And I would not be adding #130 giving you that TL;DR.

Nobody is obligated to wade through seven pages of investigative discussion; however, if you wish to opine, first READ THE THREAD.  If you do not wish to READ THE THREAD, you are perfectly free to ignore it.  We are not all just sitting around here waiting for you to have your say.

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 09:18:06 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2020, 09:38:39 AM by Cnut237
Merited by suchmoon (7)

If you had actually READ THE DAMN THREAD before choosing to spam it with intentionally uninformed opinions, then you would not have added a completely useless post #129 missing the point that the merited user was caught in a tangle of multiple types of serious wrongdoing.
I did read it all, actually, the whole thing. I'm well aware of the unmasking of the devil (despite his phenomenal typing speed)! I do however appreciate that my reply did not convey that, so I understand your annoyance with me; it is warranted on the basis of my post. I should have given more of an explanation of what I meant.

All I am saying is that I don't think TMAN should be vilified for handing out merit. It's led to an investigation that has unmasked the recipient, which is obviously a good thing, but I can't see that TMAN did anything wrong here. And he has apologised profusely and repeatedly, starting as soon as questions were raised about the recipient, for example:

I am really confused now. Did I royally fuck up Or not?
Wow Calm down here Sherlock, I'm not connected to anyone here, admittedly I may of fucked up being a lazy cunt with the merits

I may be an uninformed relative noob, but people don't become merit sources for no reason. If Theymos thinks that TMAN deserves to be a merit source, and further has offered guidance that it's okay to dump a load of merit in certain circumstances, then surely that's good enough? What's the problem with TMAN in this particular instance? At worst he has been a bit lazy (as he himself has conceded), but I can't see this deserves such vitriol. Shouldn't we just move on now? Yes, okay, it turns out it was a mistake to merit that particular user, but mistakes happen. Why are we all so caught up on a merit source handing out merit? If you are a merit source you are justified by definition, you have been deemed responsible by the ultimate authority, and you can do whatever the f**k you like with the merit. Come on.

We are not all just sitting around here waiting for you to have your say.
Yes, I know that. I'm done now. Apologies again for not being sufficiently clear in my first post.

Edit: And I'm meriting your post above. Not because I agree with it - I don't - it's on the basis of your other posts Tongue And also because I have a load of sMerit and I can award it however I please. And also because, after all, this is the 'meta' section.

UmerIdrees

Activity: 2226
Merit: 834

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2020, 05:50:10 PM

Huh? You linked your post in thread which is subject of this discussion and then you linked this topic in that post  Grin

Actually, after reading your post I came to conclusion that you didn't really say what do you think about that topic getting 55 merits:

So what is your opinion about it?

I am still firm on my stand that anyone can give any amount of merits.

At first i read the OP post and didn't like it because you should not be discussing why a particular post get so many merits. We should focus on our work rather than finding flaws in others.

Later i saw another post where the subjected person who got 50 merits in a post, is basically a cheater who is text spinning. So i edit my post and link it to that scam accusation. I also condemn such acts for gaining merit or for whatever is the purpose.

I hope now i am better able to explain my opinion.  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: