Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:27:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Oscar Awards 2020 betting  (Read 1300 times)
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 08:39:26 PM

I think Parasite winning was part of the diversity meta thats been a thing in recent years, on a number of vectors.    So this year it was multi cultural and we broke a 90 year trend of mainly favouring USA, everything in the world has self bias so I never really blamed the Oscars for being quite clearly leaning towards its own films every year.    The odds were better then rated for this reason though, so I picked parasite but only as an outsider underdog bet.   Paid off all my losing bets and some extra Smiley
This might be the case too, it might be the part of Hollywood agenda, or simply opening to the world, as some great  foreign directors in the past never had chance to win best picture. So even if it might be a part of some  agenda, it is still not a bad move as Parasite is a good movie and worth giving Oscar ( not my favorite tho).

I don't like any list  of Bong best films that doesn't have Memories of Murder at the top. That's a true masterpiece, and by far his best film, followed by Mother, and then Parasite at the 3rd place.

There are few other South Korean directors  beside Bong that are good starting point if someone wants to go deeper into South Korea cinema:
Ki-duk Kim: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring (2003), Pieta (2012), 3-Iron (2004), Address Unknown (2001)
Chan-wook Park:Oldboy, The Handmaiden (2016), Joint Security Area (2000), Thirst (2009)
Chang-dong Lee: Burning (2018)- for me the best Korean movie in the last few years, but unfortunately didn't even get Oscar nomination for foreign film,  Oasis (2002), Peppermint Candy (1999), Secret Sunshine (2007)

Considering the fact that Tarantino said that he will  (probably) make  only 10 movies, and we are at number 9 at the moment (he doesn't count My Best Friend's Birthday),  he  might end up  career without winning best picture Oscar, and join group of some great names like Hitchcock, Kubrick, Kurosawa, Leone, Welles, Fellini, Altman etc. I wouldn't thought so after watching Pulp Fiction back in 1994/1995, i was certain this guys wins an Oscar soon.
Not my favorite as well and it may be the same views of so many gamblers and betting sites who make such discussion s about different movies and moviemakers so it's all about the one who is doing the best. So it's my own views that parasite should be nominated in the list of best oscar award movies I hope it will win it this year and will be the best movie in 2020 oscar award
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: