Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:43:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stopping with smoking  (Read 575 times)
nickenburg (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 03:01:01 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (5), Danydee (1)

I used to smoke a lot of Weed and Cigarettes everyday, I would spend 20 euro every 2 days on it.
The thought to stop smoking was always there, but the enjoyment I would get out of it was greater then the will to stop smoking.

Untill last summer (more then 4 month's ago now) I chose a date 1 Sept and just quit smoking weed and cigarettes that day.
It has been going well sometimes I still crave to smoke weed especially when I meet people that I used to smoke weed with.

If u want to quit I have a few tips for you:
Choose a date to quit, and announce it to people around you.
Download apps on your phone to help you quit (I used Flamy) but I am sure there are others.
Calculate how much money you are spending on your smoking and think about how much you couldve invest in Crypto and think how rich you would have been  Grin
Stop seeing people around you that smoke and find a replacing thing to do.
Instead of smoking eat fruits.

If u need any help you can always Pm me and we can stop smoking togheter Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Goingmerry8393

Activity: 144
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 04:15:22 PM

Hi buddy, I have a suggestion for you to get used to chewing gum to replace cigarettes  Wink
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 04:30:22 PM

Hi buddy, I have a suggestion for you to get used to chewing gum to replace cigarettes  Wink

Chewing gum is always not healthy for your body.
It is indeed a better solution than smoking cigarettes and weed. I used to consume a lot of chewing gums and I spent a lot of money.
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2020, 04:31:26 PM

I've been using vape pods since December 30 last year, and I've stopped smoking completely now. Besides that, I also want to stop using pods, there is still a little push to use every day. I doubt whether pods also have opiate nature.

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2020, 06:19:38 PM

I believe that vaping is more damaging than smoking cigarettes, and it is also anti-social. I hate it when some weak willed person is blowing clouds over everybody nearby.

Chewing gum is a pretty vacuous habit, and if the chewing gum contains nicotine, then it can led to gum disease.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Fede Fede

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2020, 06:51:37 PM

It's all a matter of will, I smoked a package every day and left it without problems when my son was born
Ahmed Abdelrahman

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 09:32:11 PM
Merited by Danydee (1)

Doing it gradually is the best way to stop i used to smoke 1 complete package every day then decreased it to half a package a day until i reached 1 cigarette per day stayed at that rate for a month or so then completely stopped
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 10:50:20 PM

Actually, the addiction from smoking is the same as your addiction to gambling. so finally it has made the needs that must be met. all these factors can only be stopped from one's own intentions and not because of other things especially from peer appeals. usually it will not be very successful and the chances are very small. it's all back from that person who wants to change.
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 501

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 11:59:00 PM

I cannot stop smoking, i have been started on 11 yr. 2001 i try to stop smoking. I don't want to quit smoking.

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 441

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 05:00:42 AM

i can feel you mate,though i am not a Weed lover but i am a smoker in which i can take 2-5 packs of cigarettes each day depend on occasion ,because if i am drinking alcohol?i smoke more than what i take each day.

there comes a time that i am lighting my next cigarettes from the last so you know what i mean?

but there comes a time that one day?after years of struggling to stop but i cant?when i woke up in the morning?i just decide to take my last cigarettes crumble it and flushed in toilet and Boom,i stopped smoking and now?its been almost 4 years since i light my last cigar.

hope those wanted to quit?just quit instantly and dont give any date to do it,because the more you think of stopping the eager you want to smoke.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
big_zeppelin

Activity: 31
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 05:31:41 AM

I used to smoke a lot of Weed and Cigarettes everyday, I would spend 20 euro every 2 days on it.
The thought to stop smoking was always there, but the enjoyment I would get out of it was greater then the will to stop smoking.

Untill last summer (more then 4 month's ago now) I chose a date 1 Sept and just quit smoking weed and cigarettes that day.
It has been going well sometimes I still crave to smoke weed especially when I meet people that I used to smoke weed with.

If u want to quit I have a few tips for you:
Choose a date to quit, and announce it to people around you.
Download apps on your phone to help you quit (I used Flamy) but I am sure there are others.
Calculate how much money you are spending on your smoking and think about how much you couldve invest in Crypto and think how rich you would have been  Grin
Stop seeing people around you that smoke and find a replacing thing to do.
Instead of smoking eat fruits.

If u need any help you can always Pm me and we can stop smoking togheter Smiley

I completely agree with that.
In addition, we all want to live in a constructive healthy and progressive society, where there are no diseases, deception and all the bad manifestations of society. But at the same time, we ourselves do nothing for this. Although you can just start with yourself. And if you change yourself, you will change the whole world!
In addition, imagine how many people around will be inspired by your example. In this case, you can even be proud of yourself that you did something really good. The main thing is not to stop only at the fact that you stopped smoking, because there are so many things that can be changed for the better in our lives (negative thinking, poor diet, mess at home, in the family, etc.)
Negotiation

Activity: 1036
Merit: 259

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2020, 08:48:30 AM

Smoking is a very harmful ingredient in the health aspect that often turns us into cancer and puts us to death. That's why we should all stay away from smoking. I hate it so much and people have to give up the habit of taking time each day in confidence so that they can't stop something in one day.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 10:26:20 AM

I ask some of my friends, why they don't stop smoking. They said that it is so difficult to stop smoking because they don't know how to stop. Some say that we need to have a strong mind that will always tell our body not to try smoke, but on the other side, our mind will not have the power to stop the habit. Maybe when the time for them is coming, they will stop by themselves.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 10:31:19 AM

easy way to avoid smoking is to replace it with other habits and avoid going to the place where used to smoke , make your bad habits difficult to reach , like don't carry money while going out
lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 11:01:27 AM

Base on my husband's experience quitting to smoke is hard because it became a routine everyday, he used to it and started when he was still in highschool. However after suffering from his illness it became an eye opener for him to stop, its not easy but he managed to overcome it. Well he totally quit smoking but now he tried vaping, so far it has no bad effect to him and I think its better because you can choose 0 nicotine e-juice.

peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 441

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 12:22:12 PM

Base on my husband's experience quitting to smoke is hard because it became a routine everyday, he used to it and started when he was still in highschool. However after suffering from his illness it became an eye opener for him to stop, its not easy but he managed to overcome it. Well he totally quit smoking but now he tried vaping, so far it has no bad effect to him and I think its better because you can choose 0 nicotine e-juice.
i am happy because your husband come to that very hard time quitting and as what you said he succeeded ?if he really does?i might suggest or advise him to not even try Vaping because Like cigarettes ?this chemically formulated smoking is really not good to our health and also has a chance of having accidents,you can watch in youtube about how this machine explode and also once a quitter will never find any diversion just to justify his needs of having smoke in his mouth.i can say this because i am a quitter that you can read above you mys tory.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 02:25:12 PM

Glad you did that,but IMHO it is not possible for everyone to stop smoking completely on a particular day.If the try to do they can last long for a week but after that I bet they will smoke again.So my suggestion will be stop gradually.If you are smoking 10 cigarettes per day then try to make 5 every day for couple of months then reduce it to half and at one day you can stop completely.
nickenburg (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 02:49:16 PM

I cannot stop smoking, i have been started on 11 yr. 2001 i try to stop smoking. I don't want to quit smoking.

That was my problem before as well I didn't really want to quit smoking, you really have to make that turn around in your mind Where you say I am not a smoker anymore and really quit.

I believe that vaping is more damaging than smoking cigarettes, and it is also anti-social. I hate it when some weak willed person is blowing clouds over everybody nearby.

Chewing gum is a pretty vacuous habit, and if the chewing gum contains nicotine, then it can led to gum disease.

I think so to my dad used to smoke as well and quit before me but instead of smoking he replaced it with vaping with nicotine as well, there are already news stories comming out where long docters are warning about the dangers of vaping, and the people who visit them increase because of it.
I am like if you quit smoking just quit it totally dont vape.

It's all a matter of will, I smoked a package every day and left it without problems when my son was born

Exactly when my mom was pregnant with me at 28 she smoked as well and she just instantly quit and never smoked again I hope I can do the same thing Smiley

I ask some of my friends, why they don't stop smoking. They said that it is so difficult to stop smoking because they don't know how to stop. Some say that we need to have a strong mind that will always tell our body not to try smoke, but on the other side, our mind will not have the power to stop the habit. Maybe when the time for them is coming, they will stop by themselves.

It is really hard to stop smoking indeed, but I think you definitely need a create a strong mindset to stop smoking, your mind does control when you smoke and you can stop it with your mind.

It is a routine for sure, I used to smoke after every dinner that was one of the best cigarettes, sometimes i would even wake up and smoke one before I did anything else.
Before I went to bed as well, when you are waiting for the train or bus, when your drinking alcohol , you create these moments where you are used to smoking and you like it a lot! You need to break the habbits and the best thing is indeed to replace them with something else Working out or eating fruit would be a healthy replacement Smiley

Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 04:42:33 PM

easy way to avoid smoking is to replace it with other habits and avoid going to the place where used to smoke , make your bad habits difficult to reach , like don't carry money while going out

It is not so easy to quit smoking.
It is true that you have to create new habits but when someone doesn't smoke this have a direct impact to his behavior - making him nervous etc which can only be tackled by him with smoking.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 06:25:27 PM

It is not so easy to quit smoking.
It is true that you have to create new habits but when someone doesn't smoke this have a direct impact to his behavior - making him nervous etc which can only be tackled by him with smoking.
Yes its true,sometimes even them to blackout because or nervousness so it is not advisable to quit completely if you are seriously addicted to it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: